Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-01-2019, 10:08 AM Reply   
Hey y’all. I posted on here awhile back about hooking up outdoor sounds and got great response and suggestions for mini amp and AudioCast device. Been working flawless for many years now. Now I’m hoping to up the ante by installing a tv outside for our hottub. Is there any way to do that wirelessly??

Power aside I was hoping maybe some sort of streaming device that would make this possible. Don’t have a tv yet so tv suggestions would be great. Also would love to be able to somehow stream my local tv channels so we can watch local sports. We have direct tv currently.

Open to any and all ideas.

Thanks
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-01-2019, 10:32 AM Reply   
Depends on your content. Streaming stuff is easy, just plug a fire tv stick into the back of the tv and make sure your wifi extends out far enough.

Are you saying you want to watch your standard cable-tv channels on it? That's trickier and you'd probably have to do something like this https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/th...o-transmitter/
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-01-2019, 11:59 AM Reply   
I’m guessing it would get used most watching sporting events. College football...nfl
...etc....

It’s cold I want to sit in hottub....but the huskies are playing ����*♂️ ... no problem! (That kind of thing)
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-04-2019, 6:02 PM Reply   
They make hdmi send/receive units. I think Best Buy has a brand called rocket fish or along those lines. You could split a signal from a direct tv receiver close by and send it to the new tv location . Remote control of channels may be trickier in that the remote may not work in your new location.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-12-2019, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
Hey y’all. I posted on here awhile back about hooking up outdoor sounds and got great response and suggestions for mini amp and AudioCast device. Been working flawless for many years now. Now I’m hoping to up the ante by installing a tv outside for our hottub. Is there any way to do that wirelessly??

Power aside I was hoping maybe some sort of streaming device that would make this possible. Don’t have a tv yet so tv suggestions would be great. Also would love to be able to somehow stream my local tv channels so we can watch local sports. We have direct tv currently.

Open to any and all ideas.

Thanks
Directv has their wireless boxes. It has a separate wireless hub and then you can hook up the wireless boxes. I have a couple. They work great. Much smaller than the standard boxes.