Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-29-2018, 9:28 AM Reply   
And we are on to Cavs/GSW part IV.

LBJ has broken the hearts of Celtic fans again. That layup to ice the game with Morris on his back is only done by LBJ. Every other player in the league would have hit the deck.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2018, 1:00 PM Reply   
LBJ is just nuts. I saw this today ... if you look at the top 10 performances this playoff run LBJ vs. the field here are the averages:
LBJ = 41.5 / 9.8 / 8.1
The Field = 42.2 / 7.4 / 6
... the guy is insane.

I really really really hope GSW loses, but don't really see a scenario where it happens unless Draymond Green gets himself suspended and Kevin Love decides to be Timberwolves Love and puts up 25/13/5
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-29-2018, 1:38 PM Reply   
Great game 7's. Its amazing how much the game changes when the 3's stop falling. Houston did about as much as they could and came up short. Props to Harden et al for the fight.
Lebron is as good as it gets. No one can carry a team year after year like he has done.
I dont think he will be able to carry the Cavs thru the Warriors, too much fire power in the golden state.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       05-30-2018, 9:54 AM Reply   
I blame D'Antoni for the Rockets loss. They were killing the Warriors in the paint and for some reason stopped and started shooting 3s. Just take it to the bucket!!

GSW are soft but if you start playing their game, it is over. Only shot Cavs have is slowing the game down, beating up the Warriors inside and playing solid D. Going to be really tough.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-30-2018, 11:31 AM Reply   
I cant blame DAntoni, its the same system he has been preaching since back in Phoenix with Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Raja Bell, the Brazillian Blur Leandro Barbosa, Boris Diaw, Sean Marion...(another team killed by Sterns regime). Its 3's and lay-ups. I thought they kept attacking, Harden and Gordon at least. Just not enough to beat the LOADED GSW w/o CP3.
How many games will the Finals go?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-01-2018, 7:42 AM Reply   
After last night all I know is:

* Lebron is the best player on the planet, probably ever
* JR Smith isn't
* Refs changing the outcome makes me feel like I wasted 2 hours
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2018, 12:08 PM Reply   
Big agree
Bigger agree
Agree
I wasn't in panic mode but did not expect LeBron to be THAT great. Love the style in Curry's game. The 1, 2, 3 to end the half ....classic Curry. GSW in 5.
That was a game C-town should have/ could have taken. Really it probably would have made the series better.
Dont miss the NHL, great the games are not competing against each other now. Go Knights!
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-02-2018, 5:34 AM Reply   
Im a Dubs fan through and though but game recognize game ..LeBron is a beast !!! And I cant stand him I never could .lol. I cant believe Tristan Thompson isn't getting suspended any of the Dubs would have got a suspension out of those types of antics . I also heard read somewhere he called a coach on the dubs bench a fa**ot and possibly he will be suspended for that but maybe not until the beginning of next season . I have to give it to the officials it seems like they are letting them battle a lot more then regular season and I love it . The game today is too soft let em play !!!
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-02-2018, 1:21 PM Reply   
As a warriors fan I actually wanted them to lose that game. Now all these people are going to bitch. Even if they lost, they probably would win in 5 or 6 games.

I hate LeBron but man is he good. I used to call him LeClank because he couldn’t shoot but obviously he puts in the work because he has become a very good shooter.

Warriors miss Iggy big time and his return at any point during these finals is questionable at best.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2018, 3:33 PM Reply   
This is the game C-Town needs to get. If not I smell sweep.
If James continues to dazzle, score, board, dimes....should he get finals MVP? (of course curry would have to have a couple average games).
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-09-2018, 12:21 PM Reply   
Well that sucked. Cavs get destroyed. LBJ played the last three games with a "broken hand". Thanks JR.

I hope he stays in Cleveland and they can some how put some guys around him but I doubt it. Would love to see him with the Spurs to see what he and Pop can do together.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-12-2018, 1:40 PM Reply   
Could easily blame JR for the "fistbump" I think James blamed it on the refs blocking call... now it makes sense that he trailed off after that first game, could still make a case for finals mvp. When they announced Durant as MVP I was surprised, expected Curry.
You may hope he stays in Cleveland and there are folks in hell hoping for ice water
This just in, James kid just committed to a SoCal high school. That doesn't mean he is heading to LA but it is a contributing factor. Seriously these guys can "live" anywhere and play elsewhere.
Can Houston pay him? Phily is still an option. Can the Spurs afford him? W/ Kawhi? or W/O?
Warriors sure look like a Dynasty.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-29-2018, 1:49 PM Reply   
PG13 and Lebron have opted out. The Lakers have more cap space, about $60M, than any other NBA team. I know NOTHING is for sure, but for sure something is going to happen. Kawai still want out of San Antonio and talks are on with Lakers, Celts, Clips... I would give up all my guys (Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo, Randle...) to get Kawai, LeBron and Paul George. Luck to all.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-29-2018, 5:38 PM Reply   
^^^ I’d guess at least 2 of those 3 end up in LA.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-01-2018, 5:43 PM Reply   
lake show...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-02-2018, 1:35 PM Reply   
Well Well its about time the Lakers returned to relevance. And yeah, Lake Show is back. After 5 years of not landing even a C level star we get the King.
I was panicking when PG13 released his intent to re-sign in OKC at 9:01pm. Apparently, the writing was already on the wall that Lakers 1st choice (after LeBron) was to extricate Kawai from the Spurs. I still think this is the masterplan. It may take a while. As the season progresses San Antonio loses bargaining power and Lakers give up less. They also did several 1 year signings (KCP, Lance Steph, and JaVale McGee) so as to keep the $$ for Kawai. I am psyched for the season to start and this time it is not to see how our new lottery draft pick looks. How long til the rumors Kobe will come back to play with LeBron start?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-03-2018, 10:10 AM Reply   
Cousins!!!!!!!

Lebron What??? Lebron Who?????
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-03-2018, 2:26 PM Reply   
@Mike.
Where the hell is Adam Silver?? The Warriors can add ANOTHER All star? WTF. Remember when the commish BLOCKED Chris Paul to the Lakers??
Surprised AND impressed with that move. Boogie wants a ring.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-03-2018, 8:44 PM Reply   
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ba-salary-cap/
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-04-2018, 6:43 PM Reply   
As bad as the Cousins signing is, guy has a ruptured achilles. 270 lbs on that, I’m interested to hear the Pelicans offer. If someone wasn’t offering all star money, why not chase?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-04-2018, 6:45 PM Reply   
Then again...Favors got 18M?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-05-2018, 1:56 PM Reply   
Heck, Julius Randle got $18 M over 2 years from the pelicans. They made him (Boogie) an offer right after the injury but did not make him an offer in the FA signing period.
Boogie says he is ahead of schedule on his rehab, that said, after an Achilles injury most players are never the same again. Pretty good risk/reward on Boogie.
http://www.nba.com/article/2018/07/0...-reported-deal
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2018, 3:38 PM Reply   
Kawai moving out of the country, to be a Raptor and DeRozen is a Spur.
Kawai, Keep the LA dreams alive and dont go all PG13 on us next year.
Whos left? Carmelo? Anyone care or is this guy toast?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2018, 6:58 PM Reply   
I have no interest in CA. Honestly, just due to his mentality as far as starts and shots, wouldn’t want the Jazz to sign him for the mid-level(not that it would ever/even be an option).
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-20-2018, 12:25 PM Reply   
^^^Concur, never been a Carmelo fan. Im sure ive smack talked him in this thread years back. Utah doesn't need him, didn't they beat okc in round 1 with westbrook, PG13 AND Carmelo? He is a ball hog above Kobes level and iso play is so 2010. Is he still insisting on starting? lol.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-20-2018, 7:40 PM Reply   
I see your point, but can’t even speak those names in the same sentence. Kobe was a tenacious defender, nobody is coming on this Jazz team that thinks D is optional. One reason the Jazz had no interest in Jabari Parker.

I loved when Melo was on the floor against the Jazz, with their issues with points, they continued to iso on him every time down the court. Just picked until they could get Mitchell on him and bingo. Guy plays D like a bull fighter.

Yes, not to mention the “I’m a starter.” comment. I have no idea what Houston is doing if they eventually sign him. I think they’re getting worse.

I know it’s become an offensive driven league, but you have to eventually get stops. Nobody looks at how good GS is defensively, but they’re great(Curry withstanding) and it’s showing in rings.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-23-2018, 1:55 PM Reply   
Mitchell was a TOP STEAL in the draft, awesome pick. It was a strong draft class.
NBA guys have a lot more respect for Melo than I have ever had. They talk about his work for team USA, blah, blah blah... thats all he has won since Syracuse (Who else was on those teams?, exactly.). I think no matter where Melo goes, its about his last year.
True the Warriors play D, Durant for one has been really improving since he arrived.

Lakers. Have you seen who we have picked up? I gotta be honest, Im concerned.
Rondo, Lance Stephanson, JaVale McGee and now Michael Beasley. There a somewhat common thread with this group, they all are a little nuts. They all have their strengths but also they have all had issues on other teams.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-11-2018, 12:34 PM Reply   
Getting pretty excited for the NBA to start. Lakers are looking like a very fun team to watch this year. I think this might be the best defensive team LBJ has ever been on. My only concern is the lack of 3 point shooters cause with LBJ as your best 3 point option they are going to need more fire power to keep pace with the Rockets and Warriors.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2018, 12:11 PM Reply   
Im right there with you. BTW, Did you hear??? LeBron James is a Laker!! I called it right here over a year ago. (I also said KLove would be a Laker, Paul George....lol.)
I was impressed with the way Lakeshow played V Golden State the other night, the fun is back! We go at it again with them tonight in pre season final. Hear you and concur on the 3 point shooting. I do not think the Lakers are anywhere near GS yet (no over reaction so go easy BCPMike). I really think we will be fighting for the 7/8 seed if the youngsters can step up. Ingram seems to have improved, Kuzma, Ball, Hart all need to take a step this year or lose playing time to Rondo, Lance, Beasley who ARE NBA players.

The only place I would not want to be a fan right now is MN and the mess going on with Jimmy Butler. They got to make a trade.
Utah gonna be good EJ!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-15-2018, 9:15 AM Reply   
^^Yup. But I'll bet the Lakers make moves this season to get LBJ some shooters. I'd be disappointed if the Lakers don't make a serious push this post season.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2018, 5:37 AM Reply   
Well, worst the Jazz can go is 1-81! Not a pretty win, but every one counts the same in the standings. Friday is going to be a tough one.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-18-2018, 10:39 AM Reply   
Let the LBJ Laker era begin!! Can't wait for tonights game.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2018, 10:49 AM Reply   
Ive been excited for the last couple years because I wanted to see the low draft picks we got..Ingram, Ball.... But this year its real, even with the Dodgers in the playoffs the buzz is Big for the Lakers. Portland is good and so is all of the west so im not making any predictions or getting too excited until I see the new Lakeshow on the hardwood. Pre-season doesnt count. I did catch the end of Houston getting embarrassed by AD and the rest of N.O. Even Phoenix looked good knocking off Dallas in game one.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-19-2018, 9:54 AM Reply   
Well LBJ did his thing but they have a long way to go. Lakers need shooters. Not having a true 3 point threat in today's NBA isn't good.

It's a long season and I'm sure this team will look very different in January.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-23-2018, 4:14 PM Reply   
Lakers snatching defeat from the jaws of victory last night. In OT.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-26-2018, 1:17 PM Reply   
Big win over the Nugs last night. LBJ with a triple double and Lance Dancing. Love it.

Nuggets are good, if they don't make the playoffs as a 6 seed or better this year I'll be shocked.

Lakers still have a long way to go but I liked what I saw in the 4th Q last night.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-26-2018, 2:43 PM Reply   
Yeah, looking better, getting better. I have never seen Lance so happy, I think he loves LA. I think the starting line up will eventually be LeBron, Lonzo, Ingram, Hart and McGee...and … a whole lot of depth. One of the best things about the nba being back?... Ernie, Chuck, Kenny and Shaq!
https://streamable.com/38acj
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-27-2018, 1:49 PM Reply   
LOL. Chuck.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-14-2018, 1:45 PM Reply   
There was a little dust up with the Warriors Dramond green and Durant after the Clipper loss. As an aside, damn, Clippers with no name recognition are pretty good!
Back to the champs. Will this affect the team and perhaps who they try to sign in the off season? Durant is a FA and Green is coming off rookie deal too.
As a Laker fan I know how frustrating losing can get, we fail to realize its not easy for the teams that do nothing but win. Laker fan remembers Shaq/Kobe feud and break up of one of the most dominant duos ever. Ego in LA, same in the city?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-15-2018, 11:01 AM Reply   
^^I hope so! Sick of watching this GSW Dream Team. Once Boogie gets into the mix there are going to be more dust ups. Guaranteed.

BTW Lakers are now the hottest team in the NBA. The Chandler signing is working very well.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-15-2018, 3:19 PM Reply   
Yeah, last night was one of the best laker performances in a long time. Was mostly LBJ being dominating on both sides of the floor. No one was stopping that guy last night.

Golden state and melloless Houston...should be a good watch.

Boogie is pretty good at drama.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-15-2018, 5:05 PM Reply   
The Jazz getting crushed by 50 on the road at Dallas is as surprising as their .500 record. Need to turn up the Utah defense. Mitchell looks to be having some early sophomore slump legs(he is kind of banged up).
As a positive, Exum looks to be developing into the prospect they drafted and Jingling Joe is playing outstanding.
Interested to see how Butler fits in Philly. Bunch of folks don’t like Jimmy, he’s the only guy on that team I do like.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-16-2018, 12:39 PM Reply   
I saw a little of that Deuce, not the Jazz team I expected this year. If you dont have better talent you need to out energy the other team.
Love JButler, if they blend well it takes Philly up...still below Toronto, Celts.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-25-2018, 9:30 PM Reply   
Jazz are so up and down....crazy year. No idea what to expect game to game.

Side note, I thought they were donating the patch for “5 for the Fight”, but that’s sponsored, 4M a year(think, google research). Don’t mind saying I’m disappointed on that. It’s cheap advertising for them, relatively, others look to be 8+. Crazy to say “what’s 4M”, but kinda say.... that said, sure good for both, just surprised.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-25-2018, 9:31 PM Reply   
Jazz do seem to have Portland’s number.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-02-2019, 1:44 PM Reply   
Any advertising on NBA, MLB, or NFL is disappointing. They just have to squeeze every last penny out. Its not enough to charge $200 for nose bleed seats in the top deck. Can a player or owner tell if they take in $100M or $110M? Life any different yet? The $$ disparity in the world is a pet peev of mine, rant over.
This big surprise, Lakers have difficulty winning without LeBron. Houston led by Harden playing GREAT has recovered. Toronto looks really good in the East. Philly took a step picking up JButler, good too. Something I did not expect...Denver. Lots of scoring this season, rare to see a game under 100.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-05-2019, 10:11 AM Reply   
The NBA is finally coming back to reality. Rockets are good. GSW are good. Clips and Kings are coming back down to earth. Lakers are a mess without the GOAT.

BTW just seeing what has happened to the Cavs without LBJ should prove to anyone that he is better than MJ. MJ left and the Bulls were still a top 2-3 team, LBJ leaves and the Cavs are the worst team in the league. And look at the Lakers when he misses a few games they drop like a rock.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2019, 4:11 PM Reply   
Anyone else surprised regarding the trade Knicks and Dallas made. Teaming up two young Euros in Dallas. I got no idea what the knicks are doing.
Then there is AD. I think New Orleans will wait til the summer. Lakers offered the house. Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubak and a 1st round pick. New Orleans is not impressed. As much as I know how good AD is... The team gets you to pull for your draft picks, groom them, get them better, go thru losing seasons, care. Then they are just trade bait. Funny, If they make that trade...NO could have an all ex-laker starting line up. Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubak and Julius Randle.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-08-2019, 2:11 PM Reply   
About time the Lakers get over on the Celtics. Great game, great finish. Rondo with the buzzer beater in the garden. Instant classic.
Stuff went down at the trade deadline. Lakers an odd trade. Giving away Zu and MBeasley for two guy who are supposed to be able to shoot. Worried Magic is playing checkers.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2019, 8:01 PM Reply   
Is there anyone that has gone from generally beloved, to generally douchebag, that Durant. Use to love him, now hope he rolls an ankle.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2019, 8:03 PM Reply   
When DGreen is on your team and you’re the biggest douche, you’re working it.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2019, 8:06 PM Reply   
Cannot believe NO didn’t take that, not going to get a better offer of players, IMO. Backing themselves into a corner, Celtics will not be a savior.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-13-2019, 2:14 PM Reply   
Especially since Kuzma is quickly catching up to Bostons Tatum. I saw a little of the GS and Utah game. Not enough to have a take. I still like Durant. A little immature. He wants fans to be happy he works so hard, plays so well....he is doing his job everyday. He expects the writers to not ask about free agency when that is their job to do...everyday. Fans want to know, were all invested.