Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2019, 10:08 AM Reply   
Well not exactly, but more like turning regular tequila into something more delicious & unique.
Cazadores (repasado)Tequilla is our go to Tequilla. It’s priced well and can be got almost anywhere. I’m quite familiar with is flavor. With that said I got one of these “infusers” for a birthday gift. I honestly thought it was a gimmick and not very excited to even try it. My wife bought it for me and decided to give it a try with some good o’ Cazadores Blanco or white Tequilla.

You start by soaking or filling it with water for a few days to a week, this makes the wood soak up and expand and not leak. After a week you empty out the water and fill it with your liquor of choice.
We used some Blanco Cazadores Tequilla because it was not getting used & figured if it came out like crap no big deal. IMO you wouldn’t do this with a bottle exotic or expensive liquor, it’s just a tool to flavor a otherwise boring liquor. But who know try what ever ya like.

Well I’m happy to report I love the flavor this barrel infuser adds To our “el cheepo Tequilla. When my wife made me a Marg with this new infused Tequilla I could have swore she added a splash of orange juice or some other fruit it was pretty cool very unique and made the marge taste a whole lot better. To the point my normal go to Tequilla tases rather dull now Down side it takes 2 weeks to make a small batch, but it’s worth it. I saw they even emboss or add logos to the barrels if ya like check them out give it the Pepsi Challange you will be surprised. You might create somthing very unique and special.
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-08-2019, 12:13 PM Reply   
Do you add something to create the flavor? or is it just the barrel that does it?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2019, 12:24 PM Reply   
Nothing Added, the liquor takes on or extracts the flavor from the wood, I know what your thinking how could wood make it or add a fruit flavor,
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2019, 12:40 PM Reply   
Another batch is brewing.
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-12-2019, 1:59 PM Reply   
Id tap that.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-12-2019, 5:50 PM Reply   
I've been infusing tequila for the last 5-6 years now. Wife and I are into spicy stuff so I like to slice up a few jalapeños and throw them in whatever tequila I have and let it sit in the bottle for a few days, pull the peppers out and make spicy margs or even use it as sipping tequila. Amazing how that spice kick makes normal tequila taste good. Also infused vodka with some fruit off of one my jelly palm tress (pindo palm). Last summer, I tried cutting a hole in a watermelon and pouring vodka in. Seemed like a good idea after seeing it on a TV show. Worst waste of time. It tasted awful. Ended up throwing that watermelon down the Sacramento River.