Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-19-2018, 2:04 PM Reply   
Wow they have really stepped up their game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt2X8UwSyjE
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-19-2018, 2:22 PM Reply   
Home run with this boat. I wonder what the MSRP is on the one in all the pictures though. How well optioned is that sucker or is a lot of that standard?
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-19-2018, 7:30 PM Reply   
Supposedly well equipped gets to 100 even or so-
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-19-2018, 9:47 PM Reply   
First moomba in the history of moomba i'd consider buying.. I like this boat a lot from the limited media ive seen. Size is right. I'd like less of that 24'5" wasted on the tip of the bow but interior doesn't look to suffer much at all. I'd like to see it next to a t23 and which has a bigger seat behind the driver, they look similar despite the moomba being a foot longer. Aside from the nose that i'm not the biggest fan of (prefer traditional) id say it beats the axis in every other aspect

Last edited by bass10after; 07-19-2018 at 9:50 PM.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-19-2018, 10:10 PM Reply   
Wow super sexy!!! Nice work.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-20-2018, 11:47 PM Reply   
I want this boat!!!!
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-21-2018, 7:54 AM Reply   
Looks like a homerun on overall design for a Moomba.......... but aren’t Moomba’s supposed to be for the budget minded consumer?

Needed a new wakeboard rope this morning, and stopped at the local Supra/Moomba dealer. They are only 2 miles from my house...... this boat supposedly starts at $98k, and can reach $125k loaded. They have a “well equipped” one coming in, with the 440, for $119k MSRP. Sale price is $107k plus freight and prep.

Supra and Moomba supposedly run different margin schedules, and the dealer is usually able to offer an almost 2x discount percentage on a Supra. They are usually about 10% off on a Moomba, and 20% off on a Supra. With that being the case, it puts this boat awefully close to the price I’d see on an SE, which comes with a lot of the options you have to add to a Moomba.

10-15k difference, is an awefully small gap to just jump up to the Supra. Not to mention, the SE is also a bigger boat.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-21-2018, 7:56 AM Reply   
Are you in Canada? Base price is $79,999 us. Well equipped can be around 100. The slalom shop in Dallas just sold one with the 440 for 100
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       07-21-2018, 8:31 AM Reply   
To accomplish this under floor ballast for this and max cause the rear end of this boat to look a little silly. Saw the max at Norris and the rear end is ugly. The step down to platform must be ridiculous. The rest of both of these boats I don mind especially with large sub floor ballast , surfed a mojo pro snd was very impressed with surf wave with stock and sacks and smsll amount of lead. I bet based on size of hulls, they will still need lead or people if no locker sacs to premium the wave
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-21-2018, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
Are you in Canada? Base price is $79,999 us. Well equipped can be around 100. The slalom shop in Dallas just sold one with the 440 for 100
No, I’m in the US. I must be seriously misinformed then.........

He said, this boat comes with essentially the same standard features as a Mojo Pro, except that the ballast system is obviously bigger at 4K, instead of 3k...... and the base price on the Mojo pro is 92k, right? So, the pricing sorta made sense, Compared to their other offerings.

But it starts at 79k? With all the standard features, and a bigger ballast system than the Mojo pro?

It does say 79,980 right on the site though..... that’s not bad at all if it does come with all those standard features

Last edited by Fixable; 07-21-2018 at 9:00 AM.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-21-2018, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
No, I’m in the US. I must be seriously misinformed then.........

He said, this boat comes with essentially the same standard features as a Mojo Pro, except that the ballast system is obviously bigger at 4K, instead of 3k...... and the base price on the Mojo pro is 92k, right? So, the pricing sorta made sense, Compared to their other offerings.

But it starts at 79k? With all the standard features, and a bigger ballast system than the Mojo pro?

It does say 79,980 right on the site though..... that’s not bad at all if it does come with all those standard features

Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       07-21-2018, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
Looks like a homerun on overall design for a Moomba.......... but aren’t Moomba’s supposed to be for the budget minded consumer?

Needed a new wakeboard rope this morning, and stopped at the local Supra/Moomba dealer. They are only 2 miles from my house...... this boat supposedly starts at $98k, and can reach $125k loaded. They have a “well equipped” one coming in, with the 440, for $119k MSRP. Sale price is $107k plus freight and prep.

Supra and Moomba supposedly run different margin schedules, and the dealer is usually able to offer an almost 2x discount percentage on a Supra. They are usually about 10% off on a Moomba, and 20% off on a Supra. With that being the case, it puts this boat awefully close to the price I’d see on an SE, which comes with a lot of the options you have to add to a Moomba.

10-15k difference, is an awefully small gap to just jump up to the Supra. Not to mention, the SE is also a bigger boat.

2019 Supra prices will be +8%. So not as close as you think. Hold onto your shoes for the new SE.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-22-2018, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
2019 Supra prices will be +8%. So not as close as you think. Hold onto your shoes for the new SE.
Yes 2019 should be a good year for the SC lineup.

SE Coming Soon
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-23-2018, 11:18 AM Reply   
We spent several hours on the makai.

The boat was a winner IMO. The wake I would compare to the quality of a weighted 2017 SG or SE. It not quite as good as our SL but easily as good as those 2 great waves, but without ANY extra ballast. It was huge, tons of room and had a ton of thoughtful elements that I think most boats would love. Our entire family was impressed. Again, we had a full boat in this video, which you can see, but we did not add any lead or sacks of any kind. All of this was sub floor ballast, but they did something unique. The rear bags have like an easily removable cover that allows you to inspect the subfloor bags easily, but also allows you to add PNP bags on top of the ones in there. The only thing is you would lose some storage.

For me, I would add just a couple hundred lbs of lead for those few times I am light on people and to "tune" the wave. I don't think you need anything else.

ragboy
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-23-2018, 3:04 PM Reply   
Awesome. Can’t wait to see one on the water.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-23-2018, 4:25 PM Reply   
I love seeing the performance increases in price point boats. Looks like a winner for Moomba.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2018, 8:45 AM Reply   
that interior is a crazy beautiful color combo.

I remember when I bought my '02 SAN in late '02 as a dealer demo boat. I paid $36k for it, and my neighbor thought I was crazy. I spent $67k on my brand new '12 LSV, and I thought I was crazy.

I love the fact that we're getting to the point where you can flip a switch and have a surfable wake, and these boats have come a really long way in the past 5-10 years, but the fact that a price point boat is now touted as a deal at under $100k blows my mind, even for a 24.5 footer. I guess I'm turning into "get off my lawn" guy...I've had my eye out for a lightly used Mojo Pro, but I guess I'll have to wait a few years versus dropping that type of coin on essentially a toy...
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       07-24-2018, 11:17 AM Reply   
100% agree with the previous post. These prices are not sustainable. When we hit the next recession, and we will, I'm guessing we are going to lose a couple of these boat companies. While I'm lucky I can afford these prices, there is no way I'm spending this kind of money on a new boat. All these new boats are so expensive causing them to depreciate like cars and worse. Supras are currently 130k+ and it sounds like they are going to 140k+ for 2019. Nautique is already at 160k. Moomba is now 100k. In 2001 I paid 25k for a Supra Launch. In 2009 I paid about 70k for a new 24' Supra Launch (fully loaded). No way I'm paying 100k for a Moomba, 140k for a Supra, or 160k for a Nautique. I'm out of the new inboard boat game. It may be the best boat ever but I'm not paying these crazy inflated margin prices. At this point I'll be keeping my 2009 forever.

Last edited by tre; 07-24-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old     (Aurex)      Join Date: Aug 2014       07-24-2018, 11:29 AM Reply   
I agree as well. Looking at the interest portion of the boat financing (who can out right pay to buy one of these, with a family and mortgage etc.), the cost to finance is almost equivalent to buying a bare bones boat like a Moomba Helix or Sanger 215 (not SX or XTZ).

These boats were already unaffordable, but especially now in Canada with the 10% tariff. Except that it isn't 10%, it's more because you pay financing and taxes on that tariff. I was in the market for a new boat but will be looking at more affordable boats now. I suspect that the 10% tariff will scare away lots of new boats buyers in the Canadian market.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-24-2018, 6:06 PM Reply   
Canada’s tax system is an effen joke. Sorry you guys have to deal with that ****......but that what happens when the government has to supply “free” stuff. Someone has gots to pay, brah!

Almost as bad as Australia.....hence why I live in the US and won’t be going back to Oz to live any time in the foreseeable future.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-25-2018, 6:05 PM Reply   
Wow Axis first to do 100k boats now Moomba. It just keeps getting sadder and sadder! Tampa use to have a MC, BU, Tige and Nautique dealers. Now down to just Marine Max with Nautique.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-26-2018, 7:29 AM Reply   
The people have requested and Skiers Choice delivered. I can't wait to see this beast in person.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2018, 10:02 AM Reply   
First Moomba in a while I would take a hard look at buying.
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       07-26-2018, 10:30 AM Reply   
The boat looks like a home run to me.

I think it's hilarious that people are complaining/stating this is a $100k Moomba....it clearly says MSRP of UNDER $80k, and realistically you can get 10-20% off a new boat almost guaranteed, so that's low $70's or less and gives you nearly $30k in room to option it up before hitting $100k....Does this boat even have that much in available options? I haven't looked but the people that are crying about $100k+ Moomba's are ridiculous IMO. Clearly many people will buy this boat sub $100k.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-26-2018, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
The boat looks like a home run to me.

I think it's hilarious that people are complaining/stating this is a $100k Moomba....it clearly says MSRP of UNDER $80k, and realistically you can get 10-20% off a new boat almost guaranteed, so that's low $70's or less and gives you nearly $30k in room to option it up before hitting $100k....Does this boat even have that much in available options? I haven't looked but the people that are crying about $100k+ Moomba's are ridiculous IMO. Clearly many people will buy this boat sub $100k.

First one sold for $106k......so it’s not as crazy as you think, but that’s a lot of boat considering what you’d pay for in a similarly sized competitor boat.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-26-2018, 11:01 AM Reply   
Still 50K or more under what other boats are going for.
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       07-26-2018, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
First one sold for $106k......so it’s not as crazy as you think, but that’s a lot of boat considering what you’d pay for in a similarly sized competitor boat.
I saw that, and never said it was crazy that they could sell for $100k, but the way people are complaining is like they are either all going to sell for $100k+ or even that it starts at $100k+, which just isn't true. And I agree with you that it definitely appears to have a lot of bang for the buck. Can't wait to see one in person!
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-26-2018, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post

106 was the asking price, dude said he got for 100
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2018, 2:00 PM Reply   
Under $ 100k all day ????
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-26-2018, 2:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
Under $ 100k all day ????

Haha never forget Mastercraft paying The nitro circus boys to say “50k all day” haha
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-04-2018, 7:27 AM Reply   
Damn this is a nice boat!
https://www.southtownwatersports.com...nventory-2802/
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       08-04-2018, 11:31 AM Reply   
If the 100k Moomba upsets you, don’t buy one. 🤷🏼*♂️
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       08-04-2018, 9:20 PM Reply   
Here Is perhaps a better perspective. This boat has more features and is the same size as my 2016 SE. Lots and lots and lots of boats like mine sold for 120+ thousand dollars. This one does more for under 100......

Win?
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2018, 8:25 AM Reply   
Beautiful Boat! I want one
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-06-2018, 11:35 AM Reply   
Definitely a step in the right direction for SC and Moomba. This is an awesome boat and should be a hit!!!
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       08-07-2018, 1:33 PM Reply   
Anybody know if the one that sold for $100k was optioned really well to bring it that high or did the dealer put a premium on it because it was a new model? I won't lie man if I can go into this boat starting at $80k and put a mild $10k" in accessories on it and bring it home for $90k that is a huge win considering the size of this thing...
Old     (Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-07-2018, 3:20 PM Reply   
My understanding is that it was well optioned.

My dealer has quoted me right at $100k for a loaded one.
Old     (Cole)      Join Date: Sep 2017       08-07-2018, 4:45 PM Reply   
Yeah MSRP dont mean anything on boats! Talked to Skiers Choice/Moomba today they said their website should have the 2019 models on there in the building/customization section come middle of September! Im getting ready to start working with my dealer probably ordering a Craz. Just hearing more hype as time goes on.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-07-2018, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnMac42 View Post
Anybody know if the one that sold for $100k was optioned really well to bring it that high or did the dealer put a premium on it because it was a new model? I won't lie man if I can go into this boat starting at $80k and put a mild $10k" in accessories on it and bring it home for $90k that is a huge win considering the size of this thing...
I believe you can. The one sold at 100k was very well optioned
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-11-2018, 5:32 AM Reply   
Went completely through the Makai yesterday. Very well designed boat and will be a big hit. Few stand outs to me is perko switch, helm, hinged seats, storage, and ballast. Now to ride it.

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-12-2018, 10:57 AM Reply   
I wish somebody would do a wakeboard wake compairson. With that much under the floor ballast I want to know if it’s big and clean at 22 or 23. I really liked the centurion IR with it big under the floor ballast. Until I talked to some people that did demo’s on them and they had to fill the front half full then alittle more on the right then the left then it was really good. I want it to be like a G where you fill it all the way up and do 23 and it’s money.