Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-30-2017, 7:11 AM Reply   
Hey guys wanted to get your thoughts on a few problems/things I've noticed on our 2015 SE450.

1) Some pretty decent electrical issues. Very last day of last season something happened to where one battery would run the motor and nothing else, the other battery would run everything else but not the motor. No biggie, it was the end of the season so just had the electrical issue dealt with when I took it in to have it winterized under warranty. Fast forward to this past weekend. Having a lot of weird electrical issues. Ballast will fill and dump constantly. I'll fill to desired wakeboard weight, half way through the set look down and the ballast is almost full. Then I can't get it to dump. Also stereo is mostly inoperable from the drivers seat. Have to operate from head unit by seats.

2) This may just be my ignorance to the 450/prop combo/boat weight but I had the prop swapped and I'm kicking myself because I can't remember exactly which prop number it was but it was a big upgrade. Even with just a few people on board the boat won't plane out at full ballast, hell it won't get over 14-15 mph. before the swap the boat wouldn't get over 13 mph at 60% ballast. This past weekend I had 12 people on board for a late evening sesh. Too many people for a good set but we were in the party mindset. Boat wouldn't reach speed with the 12 people and 20% ballast in the rear an 40% in the front to help plane out. Had to dump all ballast to reach wakeboard speeds. Does this sound right for a 450 and large prop or is something wrong here. Like I said, can't tell if something is wrong or if I'm just ignorant and this sounds normal.

3) Gel coat cracks coming off the front chrome vents. Pics attached. No clue how or when these got there but I just noticed them the other day. I wash the whole thing down after every time out so I feel like they are very recent. The larger ones appear to have stemmed from in line with the bolt.

Name:  crack 1.jpg
Views: 4006
Size:  62.1 KB
Name:  crack 2.jpg
Views: 3987
Size:  51.9 KB
Name:  Crack 3.jpg
Views: 3955
Size:  64.4 KB

This one just gives you an idea of where the cracks are(Edge of the silver vent)
Name:  crack 4.jpg
Views: 3969
Size:  86.2 KB