Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-22-2016, 11:50 PM Reply   
I posted this over at planet Nautique but would like share over here also; so I know there are only a few build pics or complete stereo pics of people gutting and upgrading their G sound systems. I would like to share it for the people like me who do/did countless forum hunting and asking of questions of what can or can't work. So here's mine.
1 pair of Rev 10s powered by WetSounds SD2
1 12" JLw7 powered by JL MHD 750x1
6 JL 6.5" speakers powered by JL MHD 600x4
WetSounds EQ420
About 30 ft of WetSounds rgb leds
Translucent speakers grilles for the rev 10s
WetSounds music controller box
2 additional stinger batteries
And 20 sheets of hushmat aka dynamat to reduce cabin noise, v drive /engine whining and vibration.

No I did not do the work myself my local shop where I bought the boat did it all.

https://goo.gl/photos/p7WMfUsJGUkQBEET8
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-22-2016, 11:54 PM Reply   

And yes the boats name is Gihad
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-23-2016, 7:56 AM Reply   
Looks great!

How much did the hush mat cost? Did you find it helped a bunch?

I would love some ideas on how to quiet down my axis while under way
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2016, 8:24 AM Reply   
I spent about $275 on the hush mat ultra kit. Which is 30 sheets at 12"X23" we did dam near everywhere you could think of. Even some places we double layered such as the v drive compartment, drain plug hatch and the engine compartment because we had several extra sheets. I still ended up with 6 extra sheets I sold to my buddy for some pulls behind his boat. My boat was in the shop for a few months so it's tough remembering the noise level, I need to get on another G to compare.I really notice a difference underneath the drain plug hatch, the pumps are far quieter than what I remember, also we coated the underbelly of the glove box to reduce stuff rattling in there; it did great! Nothing shakes inside!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-23-2016, 10:33 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing so far. I would love to see pics of where the hush mat was placed.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2016, 10:51 PM Reply   
I have two pics in the link I posted while I was applying them. I'll try to get more. When we added 2 more batteries behind the two stock ones, he had to remove the entire floor panel to get to them. So we did all of that and areas below that floor. Also inside the drivers helm when we were accessing wires and such. And the furthest back seats near the engine compartment thos cushions were removed and we apllied some there too. I really notice the rear lockers are warmer than what they used to be as the hush mat is also retaining the engines heat along with It's noise.