Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-18-2013, 7:46 AM Reply   
Does it exist?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-18-2013, 8:02 AM Reply   
No. The Classifieds are not part of the discussion board, so you won't see them on Tapatalk.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            01-18-2013, 8:15 AM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (lewisb13)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-30-2013, 7:23 PM Reply   
Have to go to the website itself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-30-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
There is no Classifieds section on the discussion board.
Old     (lewisb13)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-01-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
Yeah you guys should rectify that

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-01-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
I don't understand what you want me to rectify. Classifieds are classifieds and the forum is the forum. Tapatalk only handles forums. I guess you could call Tapatalk and ask them why their software doesn't recognize our classifieds as a forum.
Old     (lewisb13)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-01-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
Tapatalk only recognizes the things that come in the wakeworld.com/forums directory. The classified section is at wakeworld.com/classifieds. You need to put the classified section as a subsection of the wakeworld.com/forums directory. For example you have wakeworld.com/forums/generaldiscussion, you need to make a wakeworld.com/forums/classifieds so tapatalk recognizes the parent child relationship.

Old     (lewisb13)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-01-2013, 10:59 AM Reply   
This is a 10 minute job if that. You can even get the "classifieds" button on wakeworld.com to point to the correct url even though it will be inside the forums directory.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-01-2013, 11:30 AM Reply   
The Classifieds are not part of the forum!! They are a different piece of software that Tapatalk wouldn't know what to do with no matter what directory it's in. Tapatalk works with vBulletin. The Classifieds are not run on vBulletin.
Old     (lewisb13)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-01-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
Now youre picking up what im putting down!!!!! Get rid of that other mess and PUT the classifieds inside tapatalk. Ditch that other software completely. Actually make the classified section in vbulletin like it is on every other forum.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-01-2013, 12:30 PM Reply   
I don't think you understand what Tapatalk does. It's simply a viewer for vBulletin discussion boards. Classifieds do not work like a discussion board since you need prices, expiration dates, ability to charge fees, etc. Therefore, we use an actual Classifieds program that cannot be viewed using Tapatalk. The only thing I can guess you're trying to get at is that I throw out all the advantages of using a Classified programs so that you're able to view a topic on the discussion board (presumably called Classifieds) that discusses the sale of items.
Old     (lewisb13)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-01-2013, 12:37 PM Reply   
Yessssssssssss. Nobody can view the classified section front their phone. Not many people on actual computers anymore these days.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-01-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
No, I won't be porting the Classifieds (or any other section of the site) into the forums. You can view the classifieds via the regular website with your phone. Most phones have browsers. You don't have to use Tapatalk for everything.
Old     (tgoody14)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-01-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
😢 *long sighhhhhh
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2013, 11:17 PM Reply   
Yup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old     (indebound)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-15-2014, 7:56 PM Reply   
Themalibucrew has classifieds in their tapatalk app....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old    BamaMojo            02-10-2016, 10:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
No, I won't be porting the Classifieds (or any other section of the site) into the forums. You can view the classifieds via the regular website with your phone. Most phones have browsers. You don't have to use Tapatalk for everything.

No, but it is a nice feature as most use Tapatalk due to ease of use. I have prob only used the website 1-2 times in 2 years. I do look at the message board daily via tt. It would make for a much better member experience.