Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2015, 5:17 PM Reply   
Ian, I'm going to have to insist that you root for the Seahawks.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 5:40 PM Reply   
Wow, talk about emotional roller coaster. To look so bad on offense for 7/8 of the game to end up winning. Kearse had 4 targets that all ended up in interceptions just to get the game winning TD. DBfresh had the big drop just to end up with over 100 yards and a big catch in overtime. Lynch with 150+ yards and a "hold my D%^$" TD. Wilson with probably the worst 3 quarters of football I have ever seen to come back and finish strong.

All I got to say is "thank you D for keeping us in the game". Two all pro DBs get hurt and both stay in the game to finish. unreal. Just unreal.

Every other team (and their fan bases) wish they had what we have. The team with the most heart, that has the most fun and comes through in the clutch.

I will relish this because I know what it is like to suck and know it won't last forever.

This is awesome.

Go Hawks!!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post

All I got to say is "thank you D for keeping us in the game". Two all pro DBs get hurt and both stay in the game to finish. unreal. Just unreal.
Impressed with the toughness of Sherman. Not a big fan of him(or most the team) but he really fought through today.

Told you guys at the draft(in the thread at the time), you'd be happy with Bobby Wagner & Turbs....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 5:54 PM Reply   
Still can't believe the Seahawks won that game.... If you're a Packers fan, assume you're trying to find answers in the bottom of a bottle.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 6:05 PM Reply   
I'll add, one of the few Seahawks I cheer for, Russell Wilson....is starting to rub me wrong. The "God is great" and he looked out for them bla...bla....bla is a super turn off for me. I'm not a religious man, but I'm confident that his God could not care less about the Seahawks vs Packers and their respective players.

Though I'd prefer to see Andrew Luck win his first, with the teams left, looks like that isn't going to happen. Don't know how I could root for the Seahawks or Patriots.... Maybe I'll find a way to get behind Bobby & Turbs....ugh...don't know.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 6:24 PM Reply   
I am not sure how that can rub you the wrong way. I just think he is a very spiritual guy. I just love the "team first" attitude on this team. Even the big stars of the team are team first type guys. Schneider and Carrol are mad scientists. What should be scary for every other team is that we are still one of the youngest and deepest teams in the league. There is real reason to believe the Hawks aren't going anywhere for the rest of this decade.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 6:27 PM Reply   
Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, etc... Aint no thang but a chicken wang
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 6:31 PM Reply   
You Mad Bro!!!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am not sure how that can rub you the wrong way. I just think he is a very spiritual guy. I just love the "team first" attitude on this team. Even the big stars of the team are team first type guys. Schneider and Carrol are mad scientists. What should be scary for every other team is that we are still one of the youngest and deepest teams in the league. There is real reason to believe the Hawks aren't going anywhere for the rest of this decade.
So if they lose, I would appreciate a "God didn't look out for us in this one. He was looking out for the (insert team here), this time, he has a different plan for us."

Never seem to get this from these guys....
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-18-2015, 6:39 PM Reply   
Somehow the Seahawks won even though Wilson sucked. Lynch rocks.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 6:39 PM Reply   
Most breathtaking Hawks game I've ever watched.

Where's Bobby the mouth tonight? I'm sure he's got all kinds of stats to spew in the absence of a Packer win.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post

:
Had to be AWESOME for Seahawks fans.... Despair to celebration in 5 minutes.... Never been part of a win like that as a fan, sure it was a heart attack waiting to happen! Congrats to you and all the Seattle fans!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 6:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Had to be AWESOME for Seahawks fans.... Despair to celebration in 5 minutes.... Never been part of a win like that as a fan, sure it was a heart attack waiting to happen! Congrats to you and all the Seattle fans!
Unreal how the Hawks could play that bad, on offense anyway, for 3/4 of a game and still win. Especially against one of the best QBs in NFL history.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:

Where's Bobby the mouth tonight? I'm sure he's got all kinds of stats to spew in the absence of a Packer win.
Actually I was in church. Becoming a new member in a new state. I retired in Texas. I watched the game through the third quarter.16-7 when we left for church. It was 5:00 PM when I turned off the radio. It was 2:52 left in the game. I assumed Seattle would kick extra point and make it 19-14. With one timeout and 2 minute warning left. I knew GB would win. Russell Wilson sucked all the game I saw. For those of you that say he came back or played great. Please take off your goggles. If I told you QB A threw 4 interceptions which resulted in 13 points for the other team and 1 TD passing and his team rushed for 1 TD. The other QB had 1 td and 2 int's with no points scored off his T/O's.Bottom line Packers gave it away and RUSSELL "CHOKE" WILSON was saved by special teams and his defense and running game. If you Seattle fans are honest with yourselves you would admit you dodged a bullet and RUSSELL "CHOKE" WILSON had little to do with the win.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 7:15 PM Reply   
Now tell me how your going to Stop Tom Brady and whip Darrelle Revis. You need to do a lot of talking because you used up a season and a half worth of luck tonight.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Now tell me how your going to Stop Tom Brady and whip Darrelle Revis. You need to do a lot of talking because you used up a season and a half worth of luck tonight.
Very reminicent of what you said about Denver last year.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-18-2015, 7:32 PM Reply   
Amazing how bad Wilson was. I have never seen him that bad. What was up with that?

Lynch was the deciding factor.
Attached Images

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 7:39 PM Reply   
Three of the four pics were on the receivers. I'm convinced that shot on Russ by Clay resulted in a concussion. Its not what Russ did in the first three quarters that matter. What he did to finish the game showed his metal as an elite QB.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 7:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Very reminicent of what you said about Denver last year.
Your team played Cam Newton and a one legged Rodgers and barely won the second game. Your QB has a 81.9 QBR in the playoffs 4 td's and 4int's. Brady has a 99.3 QBR with 6 td's and 2 int's. What's hilarious is you guys saying ROMO choked. He had a 125.3 QBR for his two playoff games 4 td's and 0 int's. Please take off your goggles and give credit where credit is due. Romo played excellent. Too many mistakes in kicking game,running game and officiating cost Dallas the win against Green Bay. RW had little to do with his teams win. You guys are tickled to death you didn't play Dallas because the effort your team put out today would have gotten you crushed by at least 21 points. Don't worry Seattle fans Tom Brady will show Wilson how to win a game.

Last edited by cwb4me; 01-18-2015 at 7:42 PM.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 7:42 PM Reply   
What channel will the Dallas game be on in two weeks?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
What channel will the Dallas game be on in two weeks?
Cliff is that the best you have. I guess so,nothing to brag about in that game other than Green Bay found a way to give the game away by conservative play calling.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 7:45 PM Reply   
GD, I don't think Lynch was the deciding factor although he had a great day. The deciding factor was that when Wilson played one of the worst first 3 quarters of football I have ever seen, the defense kept them within 2 scores.

It was the defense who allowed a QB that probably had a near 0 QBR in 3 qtrs to have the chance to have a near perfect QBR in the last qtr and OT. This game is all on the Defense never quitting.

For as bad as position this defense was put in they played lights out. I guarantee no other defense in the league figures out a way to keep their team in the game when their offense plays so bad and puts them in as bad of a position.

By the way. Clay Matthews is the dirtiest player in the NFL. I hope someone hits him in the knee when his foot is planted next year. He is garbage at the highest level.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 7:49 PM Reply   
Green Bay beat Dallas. Guess that's the best I've got.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2015, 7:51 PM Reply   
Week six Bobby. Week six... Back to your TiVo.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 7:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cliff is that the best you have. I guess so,nothing to brag about in that game other than Green Bay found a way to give the game away by conservative play calling.
And your crappy team wishes they had the chance to blow a game in the NFC championship.

At least your team probably won't be together for much longer and will fall back to insignifacance while the young (most of the core is signed long term), seahawks build on a dynasty.

Have fun with your seriously underachieving football team.

When are teams like the 49ers, Packers, Cowboys and Broncos going to realize that what happened in the 80's and 90's has nothing to do with what is happening in the mid 2010's? Hell, the fax was a good way to communicate when those teams where the best in the business. Last I checked the fax was a dead technology.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2015, 8:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Actually I was in church. Becoming a new member in a new state. I retired in Texas. I watched the game through the third quarter.16-7 when we left for church. It was 5:00 PM when I turned off the radio. It was 2:52 left in the game. I assumed Seattle would kick extra point and make it 19-14. With one timeout and 2 minute warning left. I knew GB would win. Russell Wilson sucked all the game I saw. For those of you that say he came back or played great. Please take off your goggles. If I told you QB A threw 4 interceptions which resulted in 13 points for the other team and 1 TD passing and his team rushed for 1 TD. The other QB had 1 td and 2 int's with no points scored off his T/O's.Bottom line Packers gave it away and RUSSELL "CHOKE" WILSON was saved by special teams and his defense and running game. If you Seattle fans are honest with yourselves you would admit you dodged a bullet and RUSSELL "CHOKE" WILSON had little to do with the win.

You're such a tool bag. I personally think that you have a secret crush on Wilson. I'll give you a pass since you were in church for the end of the game. Romo can't do half of what Wilson can, and has done in his career. In case you didn't know, but RW has more wins in the first 3 years of his career than anyone in NFL history. He is also 10-0 when facing Superbowl winning quarterbacks. He is also the 1st QB to start in two Superbowls in the 1st 3 years of his career. What has Romo done again?

Everyone, including myself, who watched the game would say that RW had probably the worst 3.5 quarters of his football career. I personally thought that the Packers were going to win at the end of the 3rd quarter. With that being said, he hung in there and dropped several dimes to actually win the game. He and the rest of the team NEVER gave up and pulled out a win.

It doesn't matter two $hits how you start the game, it's how you finish. And they finished strong! Funny thing is about football, is that it's a TEAM sport, not individual, and the team won this game.

Bring on the Patriots!

GO HAWKS!!

Last edited by bbr; 01-18-2015 at 8:07 PM. Reason: addition
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
GD, I don't think Lynch was the deciding factor although he had a great day. The deciding factor was that when Wilson played one of the worst first 3 quarters of football I have ever seen, the defense kept them within 2 scores.

It was the defense who allowed a QB that probably had a near 0 QBR in 3 qtrs to have the chance to have a near perfect QBR in the last qtr and OT. This game is all on the Defense never quitting.

For as bad as position this defense was put in they played lights out. I guarantee no other defense in the league figures out a way to keep their team in the game when their offense plays so bad and puts them in as bad of a position.

By the way. Clay Matthews is the dirtiest player in the NFL. I hope someone hits him in the knee when his foot is planted next year. He is garbage at the highest level.
How quickly we forget the blind side hit on Sean Lee. Look at my profile picture for reference on dirty play. Pot continues to call the kettle black.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Green Bay beat Dallas. Guess that's the best I've got.
Too bad the Seahawks couldn't.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
You're such a tool bag. I personally think that you have a secret crush on Wilson. I'll give you a pass since you were in church for the end of the game. Romo can't do half of what Wilson can, and has done in his career. In case you didn't know, but RW has more wins in the first 3 years of his career than anyone in NFL history. He is also 10-0 when facing Superbowl winning quarterbacks. He is also the 1st QB to start in two Superbowls in the 1st 3 years of his career. What has Romo done again?

Everyone, including myself, who watched the game would say that RW had probably the worst 3.5 quarters of his football career. I personally thought that the Packers were going to win at the end of the 3rd quarter. With that being said, he hung in there and dropped several dimes to actually win the game. He and the rest of the team NEVER gave up and pulled out a win.

It doesn't matter two $hits how you start the game, it's how you finish. And they finished strong! Funny thing is about football, is that it's a TEAM sport, not individual, and the team won this game.

Bring on the Patriots!

GO HAWKS!!
I gave the "team" credit. Wilson didn't deserve any. 44.1 QBR says it all.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 8:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
How quickly we forget the blind side hit on Sean Lee. Look at my profile picture for reference on dirty play. Pot continues to call the kettle black.
I am not sure that was dirty but even if it was, it was one play by one player. Not multiple plays by the same player. Matthews has multiple cheapshots this year. He is a POS.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:19 PM Reply   
Bottom line your punter has a perfect QBR. Your starting elite QB has a 44.1 QBR. Wake up and admit the truth.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 8:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
I gave the "team" credit. Wilson didn't deserve any. 44.1 QBR says it all.
44.1 and what is it? 9-0 against superbowl winning QBs?

I will take 44.1 every week if he keeps beating superbowl QBs, winning superbowls and makes plays in crunch time.

I know you prefer meaningless stats though. At least you have a lot of moral victories like the rest of our sissy country. Yeah for participation trophies for all.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-18-2015, 8:23 PM Reply   
Quote:

I will take 44.1 every week if he keeps beating superbowl QBs, winning superbowls and makes plays in crunch time.

I know you prefer meaningless stats though. At least you have a lot of moral victories like the rest of our sissy country.

Nope he's 10-0, and the ONLY QB to start in 2 Superbowls in the first 3 years of his career.

What's ROMO done again? Oh yeah, nothing. But he had a great QBR.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:

I know you prefer meaningless stats though. At least you have a lot of moral victories like the rest of our sissy country. Yeah for participation trophies for all.
44.1 won't beat Belichick. He keeps the gas pedal down.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Only in your biased mind Cliff. After you lose this Super Bowl most of the stars will chase the money.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:39 PM Reply   
The NFL has to do something to prevent Marshawn Lynch from displaying his crotch grab end zone celebration. It's not only childish and immature. It's embarrassing for the NFL.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 8:46 PM Reply   
down with crotch grabs. They are the devils work.

Hey Bob, "hold my $%^&?"
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:56 PM Reply   
You guys won't be using any playoff stats to prove you have a advantage against New England. They're like the Easter Bunny (just made up).
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2015, 8:58 PM Reply   
I wonder what I'll get with all my wake world frequent poster points?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 9:12 PM Reply   
A seahawks Jersey?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 9:26 PM Reply   
hold my dick shirt?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2015, 9:38 PM Reply   
kudos to the seahawks for hanging around. one thing no one has mentioned (that Ive seen), is how GB actually lost the game. 2 4th and goals in the 1st quarter, and 6 points? how the hell are you not going for it on at least one of those? so you dont score a TD? what are the statistics showing how many points are scored by a team starting at their own 1 yard line? seriously horrendous play callling by McCarthy in this game. pathetic. I dont know about Russells god, but he had someone looking out for him. Im not going to lie, I was looking forward to calling him a choke artist on here, based on how terrible he played. good thing its a team sport.
I dont know who is going to win the SB, but if Seattle thinks they can play like that against NE in 2 weeks, they better be worried.
congrats to both teams. I despise pretty much everyone on both teams aside from the QB's, and both fan bases make me ill. I will probably be spending that day surfing, instead of watching the game. enjoy it guys. theres always next year for the Cowboys.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-18-2015, 9:43 PM Reply   
Russell Wilson came into this game with the highest all-time passer rating in the history of the NFL playoffs. Granted, he played terribly for most of the game and probably slid down on the list a bit. Funny thing though... Overall, Aaron Rodgers probably played worse than he did. Russell had two more picks, but both of those hit his receiver in the hands... while both of Rodgers’ were just bad passes. Both guys threw for 1 TD... but Rodgers had crazy good field position after their early turnovers and couldn't capitalize in the red zone. Wilson had a higher YPA. Plus he ran for a TD and audibled into a perfect dime to Kearse to seal the win.
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       01-18-2015, 9:46 PM Reply   
God I hate Seattle, not so much the team, more so the fans. You win one super bowl and you start calling yourselves a dynasty?! Are you f-ing kidding me?! Good luck with the perennial dynasty in the super bowl and fading back into irrelevance.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-18-2015, 9:56 PM Reply   
BLOWOUT CITY!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Another laugher for the Hawks. Not a doubt in my mind.

Hey "Seahawks #1 Fan", how excited were you to see me in a Cowgirls jersey? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Sorry bud, you better head to the mall before the bandwagon does.

RE-PETE!!!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2015, 9:57 PM Reply   
CB, should probably hate living in an irrelevant state more than you hate the hawks. At least you live in a ****ty land locked state that has nothing going for it other than the rocky mountains.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-18-2015, 10:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyb View Post
God I hate Seattle, not so much the team, more so the fans. You win one super bowl and you start calling yourselves a dynasty?! Are you f-ing kidding me?! Good luck with the perennial dynasty in the super bowl and fading back into irrelevance.
cute first shot at trash talk on this thread. I give it a C+
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2015, 10:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow, talk about emotional roller coaster. To look so bad on offense for 7/8 of the game to end up winning. Kearse had 4 targets that all ended up in interceptions just to get the game winning TD. DBfresh had the big drop just to end up with over 100 yards and a big catch in overtime. Lynch with 150+ yards and a "hold my D%^$" TD. Wilson with probably the worst 3 quarters of football I have ever seen to come back and finish strong.

Every other team (and their fan bases) wish they had what we have. The team with the most heart, that has the most fun and comes through in the clutch.

I will relish this because I know what it is like to suck and know it won't last forever.

This is awesome.

Go Hawks!!!!
And then you'll know what it's like to be a Niners fan sans two rings....
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2015, 11:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
You guys won't be using any playoff stats to prove you have a advantage against New England. They're like the Easter Bunny (just made up).
How bout this stat $#!t head... 7-1 in the playoffs, 1 super bowl win and another trip back this year. Maybe you should head back to church and pray for a brain or at least a winning quarterback.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2015, 11:13 PM Reply   
Russell Wilson had a rough game, there's no doubt about it. 4 picks 2 of which were 100% on his receiver but at the end of the day he threw for more yards than Rodgers and had 1 more TD...oh and won the game.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-18-2015, 11:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
kudos to the seahawks for hanging around. one thing no one has mentioned (that Ive seen), is how GB actually lost the game. 2 4th and goals in the 1st quarter, and 6 points? how the hell are you not going for it on at least one of those? so you dont score a TD? what are the statistics showing how many points are scored by a team starting at their own 1 yard line? seriously horrendous play callling by McCarthy in this game. pathetic. I dont know about Russells god, but he had someone looking out for him. Im not going to lie, I was looking forward to calling him a choke artist on here, based on how terrible he played. good thing its a team sport.
I dont know who is going to win the SB, but if Seattle thinks they can play like that against NE in 2 weeks, they better be worried.
congrats to both teams. I despise pretty much everyone on both teams aside from the QB's, and both fan bases make me ill. I will probably be spending that day surfing, instead of watching the game. enjoy it guys. theres always next year for the Cowboys.
They were playing the best defense in the NFL on the road in the hardest place to win...you take the points every Tim in that situation.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2015, 11:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
CB, should probably hate living in an irrelevant state more than you hate the hawks. At least you live in a ****ty land locked state that has nothing going for it other than the rocky mountains.
Really? You're gonna bag on his state when your whole state is a total liberal chit hole? Most of your "ocean" is polluted. It's even worse than my state. C'mon. Are you even gonna dare to compare to any other state in the union? Talk about a losing battle! This is a wakeboarding site! The number one thing your state possesses (bad weather) is the OPPOSITE of what is good for our sport! Just take your football wins so far and shut it. Your reign will be over shortly but your arrogant words will remain as a reason to despise you with.

You live in a cesspool of cloudy, rainy, chinese water torture depression. Plus you have to answer for an entire genre of total crap music called grunge which was born out of cloudy weather, rain influenced, suicidal depression. Just ask the founder... Oh wait. He killed himself...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2015, 11:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
And then you'll know what it's like to be a Niners fan sans two rings....
...And that's only if you pull off a SB win this year.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2015, 11:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyb View Post
Welcome to the club. We're fighting a battle of wits here with mostly unarmed Hawks fans. Unfortunately, winning is a great deodorant despite their stink. Fortunately, these things never last long in the NFL. They'll be back to humble again shortly. Only this time, it will be with a crown of thorns for all of their arrogance. Hehehe...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2015, 11:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
...And that's only if you pull off a SB win this year.
Whoops. Make that sans three rings if they win... Did anyone else love that commercial with Montana where he flashed the rings to the bragging Heissman winners? So funny...

Last edited by markj; 01-18-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-19-2015, 6:22 AM Reply   
Hate, Non-Seattle fans are severely out numbered on this board so i cannot root for the Seahawks. Remember when the Chiefs beat the Seahawks? yeah, that was sweet.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-19-2015, 6:46 AM Reply   
Actually, the Chiefs beat both Super Bowl teams this year... so obviously we must be better.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2015, 6:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
How bout this stat $#!t head... 7-1 in the playoffs, 1 super bowl win and another trip back this year. Maybe you should head back to church and pray for a brain or at least a winning quarterback.
Go Google it and get the real stats. Up to date 12 playoff wins 10 playoff losses. 2 Super Bowl appearances 1 win 1 loss. That looks average at best. For 32 years of history it's not historical.Look no further than any real teams history for their first 32 years or last 32 years for a reference.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-19-2015, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Actually, the Chiefs beat both Super Bowl teams this year... so obviously we must be better.
They did? The Broncos beat the Chiefs twice this year and as far as I remember, they were at the Superbowl. I was going to say in the Superbowl but we all know that they were never "in" that game.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-19-2015, 7:16 AM Reply   
As much as I dislike Seattle, that was one hell of a comeback. I don't care what team you are for, you can't take that away. The Packers had that game won but forgot that the team who wants it most keeps on fighting. Hats off to them for an exciting finish!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-19-2015, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Whoops. Make that sans three rings if they win... Did anyone else love that commercial with Montana where he flashed the rings to the bragging Heissman winners? So funny...
Love that commercial! It's good that he is sitting down though, he looks terrible in the Papa John's commercial where he's trying to stand and it doesn't appear that he could stand completely straight if he wanted. He's the man but looking pretty old in that commercial.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-19-2015, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
They did? The Broncos beat the Chiefs twice this year and as far as I remember, they were at the Superbowl. I was going to say in the Superbowl but we all know that they were never "in" that game.
meant Super Bowl bound teams... Seattle and New England.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-19-2015, 7:27 AM Reply   
Even the Ravens would have beaten the Seahawks. They played awesome against the Patriots!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-19-2015, 7:35 AM Reply   
Wow, what a game!! I’ll admit I was doubting it there towards the middle of the 4th quarter. Unbelievable comeback by the champs. The crowd stayed in it the whole game. I thought it was even louder than last year’s NFC Championship win over the 7 & 9ers. Nobody left, everyone was screaming for several minutes. The Pack was stunned, Bennett’s riding around on one of the police bikes like Debo.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2015, 7:38 AM Reply   
I honestly think this year's SB is gonna be a great game. Between Seattle's luck/resolve to win and Brady/Belichick just doing business as usual, it'll be an epic battle. I can't remember the last time they've played each other. Also, I've recently discovered that rooting against a rival team is almost as much fun as rooting for your own team.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-19-2015, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Welcome to the club. We're fighting a battle of wits here with mostly unarmed Hawks fans. Unfortunately, winning is a great deodorant despite their stink. Fortunately, these things never last long in the NFL. They'll be back to humble again shortly. Only this time, it will be with a crown of thorns for all of their arrogance. Hehehe...
Don't you mean welcome to the loser club...This is getting all too familiar. Mark gets to pick a new team again and Bob’s talking QBR.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-19-2015, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Montana's the man. Great commercial. Here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh8PWFRhcu0
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-19-2015, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Really? You're gonna bag on his state when your whole state is a total liberal chit hole? Most of your "ocean" is polluted. It's even worse than my state. C'mon. Are you even gonna dare to compare to any other state in the union? Talk about a losing battle! This is a wakeboarding site! The number one thing your state possesses (bad weather) is the OPPOSITE of what is good for our sport! Just take your football wins so far and shut it. Your reign will be over shortly but your arrogant words will remain as a reason to despise you with.

You live in a cesspool of cloudy, rainy, chinese water torture depression. Plus you have to answer for an entire genre of total crap music called grunge which was born out of cloudy weather, rain influenced, suicidal depression. Just ask the founder... Oh wait. He killed himself...
That's funny. The guy from Mexifornia is talking sh*t about another state. Lol. One thing we do have is water in our lakes.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-19-2015, 7:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
Even the Ravens would have beaten the Seahawks. They played awesome against the Patriots!
How do you play awesome and lose?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-19-2015, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Here’s a stat that’s not made up. Romo has as many playoff wins in his entire career as Wilson does this season.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
That's funny. The guy from Mexifornia is talking sh*t about another state. Lol. One thing we do have is water in our lakes.
Of course we'll always be glad to continue taking your washington tourism dollars.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2015, 8:43 AM Reply   
I think it goes without saying, there was a mad dash for the bathrooms after the game yesterday so hawk's fans could check the skid marks in their underwear.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
Right now line is zero at the sports book with 77% of the public on NE. If you think NE is going to win, place your bet now before the line moves.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2015, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Go Google it and get the real stats. Up to date 12 playoff wins 10 playoff losses. 2 Super Bowl appearances 1 win 1 loss. That looks average at best. For 32 years of history it's not historical.Look no further than any real teams history for their first 32 years or last 32 years for a reference.

I believe he's referring to Russell Wilson's playoff stats (including the Superbowl last year) over the past 3 years.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-19-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
You can keep throwing stats out there all day long but at the end of the day, the only one that matters is how many Superbowl rings you have on your fingers. PFM has stats out the wazoo but only 1 that counts. Heck, Joe Montana has almost as many Superbowl rings as Dallas does as an organization! LOL! Sorry, he's 1 short!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-19-2015, 10:00 AM Reply   
"The crowd stayed in it the whole game."

except for the 5,000 or so who left with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. 12th man indeed.....
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...historic-rally
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-19-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
"The crowd stayed in it the whole game."

except for the 5,000 or so who left with about 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. 12th man indeed.....
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...historic-rally
Guess you’ve never been to a live game. If you were there you would l know what I mean. The crowd was in it the whole game. They stayed loud and supported the champs. Not the mass exodus you see from Arlington or Santa Clara when they are behind late in the game. Sure, there are always a few people that leave. Every team has the “beat the traffic” crowd, not the 5,000 you assume.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-19-2015, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
I believe he's referring to Russell Wilson's playoff stats (including the Superbowl last year) over the past 3 years.
I would think that's obvious but things are easily lost on Bobby
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-19-2015, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Guess you’ve never been to a live game. If you were there you would l know what I mean. The crowd was in it the whole game. They stayed loud and supported the champs. Not the mass exodus you see from Arlington or Santa Clara when they are behind late in the game. Sure, there are always a few people that leave. Every team has the “beat the traffic” crowd, not the 5,000 you assume.
5000? out of 69000 or so? Drop in the bucket. I was there. I stayed through to the bitter end and I can tell you... you didn't "feel" anybody leaving. You know how that is... when people just call it a day and start heading out en mass... when you see the aisles fill up and people pooling at the tunnels. Wanna see what that looks like? Check the 3rd quarter in Santa Clara on Thanksgiving. There was no sense of that in the stands at CenturyLink. Look at the tape of the post game celebration. You can barely spot an empty seat in the building. Fans here attend a game like they're going to work.

Yesterday was incredible. I'm glad I stayed. Go Hawks.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-19-2015, 12:07 PM Reply   
DeMarco Murray vs GB, 128 total yards, 1 TD = L
Marshawn Lynch vs GB, 183 total yards, 1 TD = W (oh and no fumbles)

Glad we can close that discussion.

Dez Bryant vs GB, 38 yards, and a BIG DROP! = L
Doug Baldwin vs GB, 106 yards = W

Romo vs GB, 198 yards, choked down the stretch = L
Wilson vs GB, 234 years, clutch down the stretch = W

Just some stats for the "Seahawks #1 Fan"