Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-10-2014, 5:20 PM Reply   
Guys, I am thinking I would like to add a water and air temperature gauge to my boat. But I want it to be EASY (read: wireless). If you know of one, please reply with it. Thanks
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-11-2014, 7:18 AM Reply   
bump
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-11-2014, 9:25 AM Reply   
Do you have perfect pass?
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-11-2014, 10:45 AM Reply   
Yes I do! I googled this as soon as I saw your reply and found these instructions:

1.With Perfect Pass NOT engaged, hit the Menu and the Up Arrow button at the same time.
2.Hit the Menu button twice so that System Info is highlighted.
3.Press the Up Arrow button and the water temp will be displayed.
4.Hit the Menu button again to exit.

I am at work so cant try it right now. Do ALL perfect passes do this? Mine is the paddle wheel type (not GPS), so maybe this functionality is already there??!! I excited to check into it.

Thanks for your reply Connor, greatly appreciated!
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-11-2014, 10:59 AM Reply   
^Yes. This works. I have paddle wheel version. Took me a while to figure it out also.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2014, 12:16 PM Reply   
Yep it works, its a pain it the a$$ but its free. I use it all the time on my 06 supra with the paddle wheel.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2014, 12:41 PM Reply   
I didnt know perfect pass did that but i needed a new depth finder so i opted for this faria model. Does air and water temp. I think it was 150$.

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-11-2014, 1:00 PM Reply   
There's gotta be a simple wireless version that can give you amient air temp (from a probe under the dash) and water temp (from the perfect pass wheel, or separate wireless probe).

The perfect pass thing is cool I will definitely try that. But if anyone knows of a standalone small display that would show both air and water temp, please reply
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-13-2014, 4:50 PM Reply   
Maybe not what you had in mind but works spot on, wireless and accurate. Point at the water or under dash area. Also handy for trailer hubs. I mean really how often will you use it after the first time on any given day? Anything else is gonna take wires.
Attached Images

Last edited by baitkiller; 07-13-2014 at 4:59 PM.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-14-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
Temp gun is what I use as well. As baitkiller said, it is great for checking hub temps after a pull to the lake.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
I have the Faria in the photo above. It was a easy install after my stock temp gauge broke.
It's a great All in one unit. It can take the place of 3 gauges Air temp Water temp and Depth.
You simply install the threw hull transducer (you glue it down) in your bilge and run the wire up to the dash. It's a easy install and it's accurate. You can install a T fitting into your raw water intake to get water temps.

It's nice to Not have to toggle threw menus to see the info you want.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-14-2014, 9:32 PM Reply   
Good ideas here guys. I have one of those laser thermometers too - mostly to check hub temp on long runs. Never thought to use it on the lake. Will give it a shot!