Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Robert95z)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-06-2014, 4:10 PM Reply   
Been riding for about a year, just now learning to jump w2w. Currently riding on 13' Watson hybrid 143. I really don't like it, maybe its just me but I feel it doesn't edge very well. Looking for something that will hold an edge easily, but will be forgiving. I've kinda narrowed it down to a few, but I don't have a way to demo them so I'll just have to gamble

Ronix One Time bomb
Hyperlite Marek Bio
Hyperlite Murray

I've heard good things about all of them, so it makes the decision difficult.

Worth mentioning bindings are 2013 Ronix One
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-06-2014, 4:30 PM Reply   
I think the edging may be in your technique. I would learn to ride that board well before you hopped on a different board. Have you checked out learnwake.com? It should help you with your technique.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-06-2014, 5:04 PM Reply   
marek: tracks very well, super fast, more out than up pop, very easy to edge(probably able to cheat on edging with this board).

murray: slower than the marek, pop is more up than out, track/edge ok (need better technique than the marek <--this could be good for learning proper technique but it will take time. the board is also forgiving with the beveled edge(saves you from catching edges), also will release easier which relates to the tracking. --- the watson might track better than this board.

don't know much about the time bomb but i would think it would be closer to how the murray rides than the marek.

i would take off your fins and ride the watson practicing edging and then put your fins on. i say this because many cable rides ride without fins and if you can learn to use the boards edge to cut then riding with fins will make edging super easy.
Old     (Robert95z)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-06-2014, 5:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. No doubt my technique could improve. Ive edged into a heel side jump before and lost traction going up the wake. I really have to focus on the edge to maintain a good edge.

Ive rode my watson without fins just to see how it felt. I like being able to track forward so I didnt like it.