Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-18-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/boa/1320445588.html

Saw this on craigslist. Looks like a good deal.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
What is the story behind the tower, that is not an '03 FCT.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Guy sure does come off as a Douche B!

"This is a 2003 Super Air Nautique with the 2006 tower design. Boat is loaded and runs great! It has 550 hours, but don't even try to tell me thats high... take 550 hours and multiply it by 25mph if you want an idea of how many miles that is. 3 ballast tanks, a rockin stereo with 4 polk audio tower speakers, perfect pass, and a towing cover. This boat is not in mint condition, but still better than all those amature boats on the market in better condition i.e. moomba, centurion, supreme, sanger, and even tige. You are buying this boat because it looks sick, runs awesome, its a nautique, and throws the best wake on the market. Ask any pro! Sorry It hasn't been wiped down after every use, but you better belive it has been winterized every year, and the oil has been changed every 50 hours. Price is $28k firm come take a look, drive it, and buy it. A couple more photos are available. Selling to get the 236 edition this winter. "
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-18-2009, 12:19 PM Reply   
I didn't even read the Ad. He does sound like a Douche.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-18-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Makes you tempted to respond just to rile him up.

The 25MPH analogy does not hold up, but whatever.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
Wow, I didn't read the add either.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Based on the Olympia location, he could be running it in Salt Water....just a warning.
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-18-2009, 12:51 PM Reply   
That boat is in the wetsounds install gallery. There cant be many all black 03 boats with a 06 tower on them. None the less Sweet boat....
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-18-2009, 1:52 PM Reply   
^^^If that's the same boat, I bought his bimini a couple of months ago. It was a good transaction.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            08-18-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
the numbers on the side are from Cali if my eyes are right. what is up with the caution tape on the tower...
I bet it is not his boat. No big deal if not, but why try to act like it is....
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-18-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
^^^
and is that a zip tie on the steering wheel?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
Yeah they look like pictures take at the dealer after service possibly the winterization. They often zip tie the petcocks to the steering wheel, I know they do at Pacific Nautique which is where it would have been serviced.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-18-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
I actually think that was a pretty good ad. See how much attention it has drawn up? It might be a little pompous and arrogant, but it probably just comes from his love for the best manufacturer in the world! (okay, maybe I'm a little biased) I would say the only think that was weak was his mileage analogy.

His wording and style only shows what a true Nautique lover thinks about everyone else's boat.

Plus, he has the best SANTE year ever made. But again, I'm biased.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-18-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
I sent him an email offering 36k for it saying I have the income and that I like to help ppl who dont have much of an income. Well see what happens
Old    Slingshot            08-18-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
I may get sh#t for this, but that tower is ugly! The Flight Control 2 tower I think is the best looking tower for those boats.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-18-2009, 2:59 PM Reply   
^agreed.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
@ Brandon, a little edit for you:

His wording and style only shows what a true Nautique lover thinks about everyone else's boat.

Plus, he has the best SANTE year ever made. But again, I'm biased and a dick.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-18-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
lol
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-18-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
He was absolutely right CC don't need to be wiped down they are a Correct Craft after all. So what if it has scratches all over it it's a correct craft and way better than all those other poser boats out there. Don't even try to talk me down it has a full tank of gas and 4 polk speakers on the tower.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-18-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
i have no idea if it's the same guy/bote, but i was looking for a 01-03 SAN/SANTE a couple years back and this guy (again not sure if same) responded to a WTB add i posted. said he was looking to sell, talked for a bit, sent me pics, etc. called him back to set up a time to come check it out, told him i was preapproved, had cash, etc. he called me back and said he changed his mind and was keeping it. it was an 03 (with 03 tower) and black deck. i don't think there's all that many of black deck 03's especially around here are there?
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-18-2009, 8:39 PM Reply   
The first picture looks really funny to me. Is that the correct window for the boat? It looks really square...?
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-19-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Hate...you obviously didn't catch the sarcasm and point of the message that any boat owner will mostly think that they're manufacturer of their own boat is the best ever. Unfortunately, you can't pickup sarcasm through txt on a computer screen.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
Yeah if it was sarcasm I totally missed it and I usually don't. Maybe throw an emoticon in there somewhere
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-19-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
Good luck selling a $30k boat with that kind of grammar and spelling...

...not to mention, like everyone else has, that the guy comes across as a total douche.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-19-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Best year of the SAN, true.
Coveted color combo, true.
28k a good buy, yes.
Guy comes off as a terd. Yes.
Acts like he didn't really care for the boat in a true boat owner fashion, yes.

Has the ring of a rich kid who lucked out and picked dope colors for his boat and is moving to the next big thing - SAN 240.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       08-19-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
I was curious to the status of this boat since it is the only twin to mine I know of. I asked some realtively standard questions and got back much better answers than I was expecting considering his post on Craigslist. Overall it sounds like it needs a little TLC, but based on the email this is a decent buy.

Just had a few questions about the boat.

Are you the original owner?
Has the boat been in salt or bracish water?
Why is there a 2006 model tower instead of the 2003?
The pics in the ad don't show the tower speakers.... Do you have any pics of them?
Has the boat been properly maintained? I ask since you said it was not routinely wiped down/cleaned.
Do you have any other pics of the boat besides the pics in the ad?
What options does the boat have? (heater, shower, etc.)

Jason,

I am not the original owner, I believe I am the 3rd? The boat has been in salt water maybe 5 times and flushed every time and sprayed down with salt away. Call Pacific Nautique if you need some clarification about putting these boats in salt water. When I say not wiped down after every use I am just trying to say it is a “used” boat. My goal is to have somebody come down here with the mindset that there will be some imperfections and then be impressed when they get here. As mentioned I change the oil every 50 hours and when the boat is winterized I will have them do the spark plugs, change v drive oil and raw water impeller. The serp belt will probably need replacing in the near future, but its not even screeching yet and it’s a $20 part. There are some small tears on the bottom of the engine cover but other than that the upholstery is in great condition. I can take some additional photos this weekend for you and a link for the website I bough the tower speakers from is down below. The only major defect is that the paddle wheel on the perfect pass doesn’t work, but I have been meaning to just upgrade to the startgazer which I would be happy to purchase for you. The 2006 tower design is just something the previous owner put on to make the boat look more like the newer ones. No shower, but does have a heater that needs new tubing. One of the ballast gauges doesn’t work but all three of the pumps do.

http://www.aerialwakeboarding.com/wakeboard-wakeboarding-speaker-speakers-aerial-polkaudio-s/51.htm
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-19-2009, 2:39 PM Reply   
Seems like a pretty level headed email reply. That's exactly what I was thinking. He came up with a catchy albeit slightly crass ad that did exactly what he wanted. Get people to talk about the boat. It's no doubt a great price and a perfect combination. If I was in the market, I wouldn't have any qualms seriously considering this one after the dudes email reply.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       08-20-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
Brandon Holmes (bmh2208) "If I was in the market, I wouldn't have any qualms seriously considering this one after the dudes email reply."

Brandon, gosh - I would. It comes off like he doesn't care about the boat, or the ad.

Crass isn't the way to go when selling anything that expensive. Don't you think it comes off as a major turnoff? He makes it sound like it's kind of a beater that wasn't treated super well. Like it was utilitarian in nature - like most team boats (for exampleI saw a Liquid Force 2003 Super Air team boat, in 2004, and I have never seen anything beaten that bad, that quickly). It was selling for cheap but had like 1000 hours on it - in 1.3 years.

Anyway, owners of high-end boats, hell owners of any boat tend to be meticulous about caring for them. It makes him sound inexperienced. I'd avoid but I'd be curious to see the boat at least.

I guess Brandon is right - the ad did indeed get us talking about it, albeit in a non-flattering way. I don't think that is his goal.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       08-21-2009, 4:24 AM Reply   
What I think is humorous is that fact that everyone had something negative to say about this guy's ad until I posted my questions and his answers. When it was a controversy everyone had something to say.... Now that the guy doesn't look quite so bad everyone has piped up. Why waste your time speculating and just go straight to the source? Kinda reminds me of another very popular thread going on right now.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-21-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
Erik, I completely understand. I guess my main point was that any publicity, is good publicity. Also, I guess I saw the ad differently than everyone else because I employed a similar when I sold my last boat with a "dont put lipstick on a pig" mentality but promoted how awesome the wake on the 2001 machine was. And I got it sold in about 3 weeks. While many others on the board would never touch a boat like that, there are many that would jump at a chance to get such a machine at a reduced rate even if it did have a hard life. A boat that has been really used and serviced regularly will be a much more solid boat IMO than one that is the same age but only has 50 hrs on it. For example, we just got a '07 X-80 with only 40hrs on it. Took it out today, and rattling all over the place. I'll just have to go through it and check everything before it will be ready to go up. I'm sure 100hrs later the owner will have to do something similar, but usually each time less and less needs to be done.

Additionally, I believe that there are still those of us that have a boat because we like to ride, not ride because we have a nice boat, and could give a damn about a little scratch or tear here and there. They just want the best ride they can get and not get caught up in all the bling. I think that was the point he was trying to make when he was talking about the condition.

In the end, it's still a decent boat for someone looking to get into the sport on the cheap with one of the most legendary boats out there.

Edit....just checked and the post is gone. Maybe one of those naysayers on here scooped it up. <<< Is that better Hate?

(Message edited by bmh2208 on August 21, 2009)