Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2009, 12:47 AM Reply   
okay so i know this is a wakeboard site and all.... l know someone might give me sh** for this question but...

for those of you that do not have a z5 cargo rack, how do you haul around your towable/tube etc...

our boat is a family boat and we got kids who are learning to wakeboard but love to go tubin'...

I tried these suction cup bungie* cord things and they sucked... any other ideas...

the boat we go out on the most is an I/O so dragging it off the swim step wouldn't be a good idea ( i'm guessing)

right now we are always inflating/deflating it... anyone got any input?
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2009, 6:06 AM Reply   
I just inflate and deflate everytime we use it. I have small kids and we just have to bring it with us everytime.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
Kyle,

Lot's of people here have tubes. Nothing wrong with it. I have an Obrien Super Screamer which is 70" in diameter I think. I just hook mine directly to the ski eye on the transom when under way. It rides great there. I can even pull wakeboarders and skiers with it attached to the transom. When we stop, I simply unhook it and push it aside to have access to the swimstep. If you look at my profile pick you can see it behind my boat.

Hope this helps,

Jman
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-21-2009, 7:31 AM Reply   
just inflate and deflate, we dont use ours much. but thats what we do when we do use them. we just make sure if anyone we take out wants to tube, rides while its inflated so we dont have to keep doing it. id rather spend inflating time filling sacs
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-21-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Strap a waterproof camera to the kids in the tube and tow them on a shorter line while you ride
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Boarding in the morning, tubing after conditions turn to crap then boarding or surfing in the late afternoons/evenings. That way i only have to inflate/deflate once a day. I also added a 1000w inverter and a 120v super pump to inflate/deflate super fast.
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
thanks guys for the info. sounds like we will keep doing what we are doing. I would like to get a faster pump though. i don't know which one we have but i know it is a wall-mart special haha

any ideas, i know there is quite a few in overtons
Old     (mcdye)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-21-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
Ditto on
"I just hook mine directly to the ski eye on the transom when under way."

I have a 6in looped rope attached to the transom eye lift on one side. Swim platform is still useable. Just remove the tow line from the tube and attach the tube to the transom. No issues with it attached and boarding too.

(Message edited by mcdye on August 21, 2009)