Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-14-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
First the Maloons in bed with MC and now this:

Liquid Sports dealing MALIBUs !!! What?!
LS was MC through and through, least thats what I was told by them and now they sell BU's... crazy.

Anyone know if MC is trying to get out of Liquid Sports (BUI related I would assume) or by some crazy curveball Liquid Sports saw more potential in BU and will phase out MC... I can't imagine trying to sell both of those companies, its totally the same market
Either way, caught me a little offguard

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on August 14, 2009)
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-15-2009, 6:37 PM Reply   
Word got out that you now rate the VLX, Liquid Sports had no choice! Ha ha.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-15-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
I thought liquid lost MC when souhteast CC went MC..
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-15-2009, 7:17 PM Reply   
good point Darren, ha
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2009, 10:59 PM Reply   
My opinion is worth quite a bit, I feel bad now, I've completely changed a dealership for the worssss.... um different.

Liquid still shows MC but that could be at anyone of their locations, maybe the O-town one lost MC, but has anyone seen a dealer carry those two brands together
Old     (young_gun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-16-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
Just like when Hillary used to bash Obama and then we she did not win the nomination it was "Obama is the greatest". What a joke.
Liquid lost MC in Orlando and now they are a BU dealer, but still a MC dealer in Jacksonville? Sounds like they just tell people what they want to here.
Nick, BUI? Huh? Did you mean BU or did someone get in trouble?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-16-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
The orlando BU dealership went out of business. So it only makes since a known dealer would get the dealership. I believe the Orlando dealer lost the MC dealership when some things went bad with a boating accident. I do not know for sure just from the rumors I have heard.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2009, 7:01 PM Reply   
Funny you use that Obama/Hillary reference because Mark Watts (Owner of Liquid Sports) at a boat show a few years ago was talking to me about MC's and his words were along the lines of, "Mastercraft is by far the best boat on the market ... Malibu's are complete pieces of sh*t"
I know he said they were pieces of sh*t, then to be selling them a few years later, crazy.... but business is business, sometimes you've got to sell "crap" boats to make money huh.

As far as the BUI thing, long story short, in July of 06' Mark Watts got smashed in a company boat (MC) was driving around fast at night (prob. with docking lights on, ha) and hit a dock.... there is more to the story (I won't post so this isn't taken down but you can PM me for the rest)

The whole thing was ugly and maybe lead to MC running away from LS, because I think I saw somewhere that shortly after the accident the ownership of LS is in his wife's name, could be because of everything lawsuite related or he maybe in jail, I don't really know for sure, don't quote me on that.... but either way LS is getting nuts these days.

Who is the closest MC dealer to O-town ? Cypress Watersports in Winter Haven???

EDIT: Asked about nearest MC dealer in O-town, forgot about Maloons selling MC's. Duh.

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on August 16, 2009)
Old     (young_gun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-16-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
Maloons are selling MCs? Holy cow!! Whats next, Brett Farve playing with the Vikes?
Florida has been screwed up ever since the voter re-count. You guys have too many old people over there running things.

(Message edited by young_gun on August 16, 2009)
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-17-2009, 5:50 AM Reply   
Come on Nick they are not crap boats I own an MC. I would say they all have certain issues there are things that piss me off about my boat and my boarding buddies boat a 210.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
I didnt say they were, Thats what Mark Watts said about Malibu's....then turns around 2 years later and is selling them, please read what I wrote.

I'll make it easy on ya:
...his words (MARK WATTS) were along the lines of, "Mastercraft is by far the best boat on the market ... Malibu's are complete pieces of sh*t (ABOUT MALIBUS)"
I know he said they were pieces of sh*t (MALIBUS), then to be selling them a few years later, crazy.... but business is business, sometimes you've got to sell "crap" (MALIBUS - ALL MARK WATT's WORD, NOT ONE BAD THING ABOUT MC AT THAT TIME) boats to make money huh.

If this doesn't help I can make a flowchart or a picture .... let me know
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-17-2009, 12:59 PM Reply   
Yeah that would be great Nick. You edited your original post and took out what you said then pasted it different in the one back to me. It was YOUR statement not Marks that bus is bus sometimes you got to sell crap. But then again I am just some dumb ass that might need a flow chart to understand a post. So do the picture and the flow chart that would help. I cant believe I can afford a boat and keep a roof over my kids heads since I am soooooooo dumb. Anyway you have a CC which blows them all away which I would like to own as well.
Old     (young_gun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-17-2009, 1:29 PM Reply   
I think that dude Nick was being sarcastic about the statement made by the owner when he said
"sometimes you've got to sell "crap" boats to make money huh."
Meaning in the owners words, "crap"

I just signed up on this site the other day, I think I'm going to like it, you guys are intense on here.

(Message edited by young_gun on August 17, 2009)
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-17-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner! Tell him what he won Johnny,
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2009, 8:38 PM Reply   
Williamtaft - passed at least 3rd grade,
Tampawake - uhhhh.....

How can you not understand that Mark told me Malibus are piece of then I wrote after using his deffinition of the boat (assuming you realize crap and the same thing) to make fun of him and his business style. WOW, thick.

This may help, I personally don't have a problem with BU, but a dealer who would openly bash a brand only to sell it a few years later, that I don't like.... I also don't like explaining the same thing 6 times.

Here.
Upload
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2009, 8:40 PM Reply   
and my original post, is still original, look, the same words are still there, they've never been changed.... clearly marked what my edit was, I didn't post, quick edit to specifically make you look stupid, you've done that on your own.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-17-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
Ouch..
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-17-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
I'm lost.. .can you make up one in powerpoint?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2009, 9:10 PM Reply   
Fine. I'll have it done sometime tomorrow.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-17-2009, 9:20 PM Reply   
Nick, I'm confused, is that Jessica Simpson buying the Bu?
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-17-2009, 10:05 PM Reply   
my wedge fell off, does liquid sports sell duct tape?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-18-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
Yeah J-Sim has a new boy toy, and since Tony Romo loved his so much she thought the new guy would too.... unlucky for her the new man loves wakesurfing so really wanted a Sunessta Extreme I/O.... the best wakesurf boat around
Old     (young_gun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-18-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
HAHA nice drawings. Good luck to you Florida boys and your boat purchases sounds like a real cluster f*^% of dealers over there. I have dealt with TSR and have had nothing but great dealings with them.