Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-11-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
can anyone tell me what the wake on one of these things is like and whether they're a good model in general??
Old    wakbrdr            06-12-2003, 5:53 AM Reply   
I have a '94 Sport and I am please with my wake. It is kinda large for slalom skiing but for a wakeboard it is good. If you want a bigger wake on it and you don't want to buy a fat sac, you can find a company in your hometown that has scrap metal and get it pressed or melted together and place it either under the back seat or just to the side of the back seat between the wall and the padding.

works great and cheap.
Old    damnation            06-12-2003, 6:38 AM Reply   
Yes, it has an awesome wake! For a boat that was originally designed as a ski boat, it is capable of producing one of the best wakeboard wakes. I would say it is a mild vert wake that can get really big. A great boat! Plus, they look good too.
Old     (jrichard)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-12-2003, 6:45 AM Reply   
IMHO, one of the best wakes around. Without weight, it holds together well at low speed (e.g. 18-19 mph). With weight, it produces a solid wake that I would describe as very steep (typically rode at 22.5-23, but the wake will still hold together at 21-21.5).

I had one for 5 years...sold it a couple of months ago to get an X-Star. In terms of the wake, I'd much rather have the Sport Nautique.

If you get one, drop me an email and I can tell you how we weighted ours.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-12-2003, 6:51 AM Reply   
That's what a lot of the pros were riding behind up until the late 90's.
Old    crash_and_burn            06-12-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
When I was at the Wakecamp in I spoke with Kyle and Ben about boats.. Their liking was dollar for dollar the 90's boat had the best wake for boarding, ever.. This was after u loaded it down with fatties and the likes.. The only bitch was having the fat sacks in the boat and having to pump the water all the time, and moving people around the boat. Lets face it the new ones are roomie and the auto sacks are great and out of the way. If comfort and being "cool" is not a issue, and the wake is the word then go for it.
Old    corey_marotta            06-12-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
One one of the best wakes still. That bottom is the same thing that is on the current SAN. See when Correct Craft expanded the line in 95 and introduced the Super Sport they used the current sport and then added more freeboard in the transom to compensate for the added weight from the motor being in the back. Basically The delta keel pad that derived from the Ski and stretched to the sport and super is what gives the wake it's shape. I kept my 96 sport until 2001.

I weighted it by taking the back seat out and putting two bags in the back. Then one in the locker and one in the bow all the way in the front. About 2000lbs total. The boat never missed a beat in six years of consistent riding mostly in salt water.

Oh I miss that girl, she taught me everything I know.
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2003, 4:35 AM Reply   
Sweet thanks guys Thats exactly what I wanted to hear awesome
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-14-2003, 11:39 AM Reply   
It's better than a Moomba!