Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2013, 8:26 AM Reply   
Hey guys, did some searching and I couldn't find the exact answer I needed so here's an easy one that you can help me out with.

What's the issue with putting Liquidforce Boots on other brand boards? Is it simply that the bolts are longer? So if I purchase LF boot and put it on a cwb can I just get some washers to make it fit?

Also anyone got any feedback on the '13 Ultras or Bobs? Looking to get back into the OT game.

Thanks
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-30-2013, 9:11 AM Reply   
So after talking to a shop buddy of mine, I think he may have answered my question.

"In 2012 LF changed everything to m6 hardware. It's a different size bolt with a different thread... ...You need to just use the older hardware. It's called 1/4:20 (one quarter twenty). I believe those numbers are the size of it. You can get them at Home Depot/Lowes/etc. Just make sure the 1/4:20 bolts are the right length and you're golden... ... I'm pretty sure CWB switched to m6 also for 2013. that was the only company that I never double checked though..."

Anyone try this?

Last edited by stoked_32; 08-30-2013 at 9:18 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-30-2013, 3:57 PM Reply   
I use LF Vantage boots and have put them on many different boards. The SS M6 hardware is easily obtained at Home Depot.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-02-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
Everyone switched to M6 hardware in 2013, LF did it in 2012. Also I believe in 2008(?) everyone switched from a 8" hole pattern to a 6" on their boards so if you had 2012 bindings and wanted to put them all the way out on a 2007 board you would need spacers.