Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-24-2015, 12:55 PM Reply   
So I bought my I/O this last winter to get back into boating and I was on a tight budget. I also wanted to see how much I would use the boat now that I am single and not married anymore. Well since the middle of April I have added 25 hours to this boat and have been using it for wakeboarding a lot. I now want to try wake surfing so I am thinking about selling this boat and moving into a V-drive or a DD. I had a Sanger DLX 20 before but sold it because of divorce. I prefer the V-drive boats and their seating. So I would say I am looking for something with a around a 50/50 split on wake surfing and wakeboarding although since I have never had a boat and done the surfing its hard to say. For the most part just beginners in both areas. It will need to be a good family boat as there is plenty of times I have family out for just the typical swimming. So what would be some good boats to look at in the $25k (20-28 ish)? I have also considered another DD for price but can you surf behind a DD even sacked out? The boats that seem to draw my attention are the Sanger V210 / V215 (I live in Nor Cal so used Sangers are abundant), the Mastercraft 205V and possibly a SAN 210. I have even seen some Xstars going for around hight 20's to low 30's. I am not real familiar with the quality of some of the other brands I am seeing such as Supra, Moomba, Centurion, Tige, etc.... So, I am all ears. Right now I am just looking to see what I can get once I sell my current boat, a 2000 Crownline 20 foot I/O with a 5.7L and determine if I will have enough money to really get something descent and if selling this boat I just bought is really worth doing. I prefer high quality boats.
Old     (slidin_out)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-24-2015, 1:17 PM Reply   
205v/X-Star, OG 210
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-24-2015, 1:46 PM Reply   
If I was working with that budget I would no doubt buy a Sanger V215. I've spent probably 200 hours on one and it was a great boat. Most bang for your buck if you consider the open space and seating, and the quality of the wake (great shape and it gets big). One of my favorite boats to learn on. One of my best friends learned everything behind that boat. 313s, whirlys, T2blind.....you name it.

I've also spent a lot of time on the 205V (early Xstar, X2), and the SAN 210. You might get a little more wake, but the sacrifice is huge loss of space. Also, the V215 is not finicky with weight distribution, whereas the other two are.

I would also consider an early 2000s wakesetter VLX.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-25-2015, 10:52 AM Reply   
You could be looking at a V230 also!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-25-2015, 10:59 AM Reply   
There is a 99 Xstar on onlyinboards in Colorado for 20k right now

http://www.onlyinboards.com/1999-Mas...ado-50078.aspx

Just saw it come across my facebook. Solid deal.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-25-2015, 11:22 AM Reply   
That generation of xstar doesnt come with interal plumbed ballast. IMO I would say are a must having gone from without to now having on my current boat. i previously had a MC X5 that was a 01 and not much space when stacking sacs everywhere!
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       06-26-2015, 6:32 AM Reply   
Hey,
I'm selling my 2000 wakesetter for 20k. If anyone is interested email me at ducatijill@gmail.com we'll sent the details. There's 800 hours on it and it runs great. Not to mention it throws a killer wake
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       06-26-2015, 6:34 AM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/2000-Mal...tts-49459.aspx
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-26-2015, 8:17 AM Reply   
I would love a V230 but I currently keep my boat in the garage and its 25 ft deep. I am not sure the V230 would fit in the garage but the V230 ranks as my ideal along with the Malibu 23 VLX.. My current boat is 20'2" but its an I/O and the outdrive sticks out another 2 ft or so. I also currently have a detachable tongue trailer. I figured the V215 would probably fit but I still need to take some meaurements. It seems that the front ends of these V-drive boats varies quite a bit. That X-star looks like a nice boat but that seating seems rather useless since it doesn't wrap around like a typical V-drive. I should note that right now I am just looking at what I can get for the budget, I am not buying one today. I need to sell my current boat. If anyone knows of someone looking for an I/O.....lol......here is what I currently have. 2000 crownline 202. Unfortunately I just put a bunch of money having the tower and sound system done. It has the 5.7 in it and only 185 hours. I am probably going to ask about 14k for it.

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-30-2015, 7:52 AM Reply   
So I took a deposit on my I/o and starting to look at boats trying to decode what to look for. Can someone explain the differences between the Sanger V210 and the V215 besides that the V215 is just a much nicer looking boat? I started to see some V230's as well that look nice.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-30-2015, 8:14 AM Reply   
It's a lil bigger. Nicer looking? In what way besides being a lil bigger. I know the 215 produces a bigger wave do to higher freeboard but wants to surf anyhow? I mean besides Gertrude.
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2015, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM_DLX View Post
So I took a deposit on my I/o and starting to look at boats trying to decode what to look for. Can someone explain the differences between the Sanger V210 and the V215 besides that the V215 is just a much nicer looking boat? I started to see some V230's as well that look nice.
The V215 is about a foot longer and 6" wider with more freeboard. If you plan to primarily surf, the V215 is probably the better choice. I just bought a V210 and love it but I don't surf my boat. I store my boat in my garage and noticed you do as well. The V210 fits in a 7' high garage door opening with a couple inches to spare with the tower collapsed. The V215 will be very close. If you have anything less than 7' it may not work.

Both boats will handle the Folsom afternoon chop well.