Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-07-2015, 8:43 AM Reply   
My cover that came with the boat ripped and I'm looking to pick up a new one. I'm excited to have a proper cover, as the one that came with the boat said tigè on it, and was not for my boat/tower. It served it's purpose but didn't fit right around the tower.

I've been looking at a sharkskin and overtons has them for ~$400 shipped. But I've been reading and people don't tow with them. I'm looking for something that can be in place during tow.
Any help is appreciated.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-10-2015, 5:37 PM Reply   
Decided to go with the sharkskin plus from Overtons for $350 after 10% discount.
Black would be my choice, but foes warranty cover fading or discoloration? If not I'll just go gray
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-10-2015, 7:38 PM Reply   
Cheap and quality don't fit in the same sentence when it comes to covers. Crap, I guess they just did but there's a big DON'T in between them.

Most warranties won't cover fading as that's normal over time. They'll also be prorated so the longer you own it before something happens the less of a credit you'll get.

Trailerable is nice but so is a full skirt if you store it outside.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-17-2015, 7:18 AM Reply   
I found a nice deal on a Sunbrella cover on iboats.
Old     (clutchind)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-17-2015, 7:21 AM Reply   
Make sure you pick up a HangTyte! http://hangtyte.com/
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-17-2015, 11:14 AM Reply   
I would use the higher end Sunbrella (the one above the sharkskin). We had a Sharkskin one on our old boat and although it was nice that it was completely waterproof it also did not breathe. It held moisture and condensation inside i.e mold. it was blue to match the boat and had some fading after about 2 seasons.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-18-2015, 11:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchind View Post
Make sure you pick up a HangTyte! http://hangtyte.com/
Well would ya look at that!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-19-2015, 6:34 AM Reply   
Check in with Ian at Onlyinboards.com. He has always had some a few options from cheap to more expensive. I have ordered a few covers from him and had great luck with them.