Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-12-2017, 12:24 PM Reply   
The government should review past voters and make a spending bill to limit funds to a reasonable level and make every voter who voted for obama live with obama care. those who did not vote for him should have an option in the new plan. Create 2 plans and limit the spending bill to each system equally. let the people who voted own it
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2017, 12:48 PM Reply   
Most people don't vote.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-12-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
Perfect. You guys pay for the Iraq war as well. You will be taxed extra every year.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-14-2017, 4:01 PM Reply   
Or better yet, just shift the burden of redistribution onto doctors and anyone else in the medical field. They all work for free or get put in jail, living expenses provided by the various welfare programs. If your "right" is to someone else's labor, then you are making them work for free or stealing from someone else to pay them. The sooner Obamacare/Trumpcare collapses catastrophically the sooner there can have a chance at returning to a free market with reasonable prices and adequate supply.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-14-2017, 6:42 PM Reply   
So many problems. We should have spending limits or some type of an account that a certain percentage left in the account should be transferred to a direct family member of the deceased. Illegal aliens should be transported to the County Sanctuary City Hospitals for care. Why not raise the price on ciggerretes and soda again. Insurance should be available over state lines. Well those are three great fair ideas.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-16-2017, 3:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, for that matter, why should I have to pay for a police force I never use, or schools I don't go to, or a fire department when my house has never caught fire.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-16-2017, 7:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
Or better yet, just shift the burden of redistribution onto doctors and anyone else in the medical field. They all work for free or get put in jail, living expenses provided by the various welfare programs. If your "right" is to someone else's labor, then you are making them work for free or stealing from someone else to pay them. The sooner Obamacare/Trumpcare collapses catastrophically the sooner there can have a chance at returning to a free market with reasonable prices and adequate supply.
I hate to burst your bubble, but healthcare hasn't been "free market" since long before Obamacare was ever signed into law. But keep telling yourself it was if it helps you sleep better at night.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-16-2017, 9:59 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I never claimed healthcare was free market immediately prior to Obamacare.... Clearly I've never told myself that, nor have I told anyone else. Quite the opposite in fact. We all know you are a liberal, keep on making up statements and defeating your made up statement but please leave me out of your monologue.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-17-2017, 2:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Jeremy, I never claimed healthcare was free market immediately prior to Obamacare.... Clearly I've never told myself that, nor have I told anyone else. Quite the opposite in fact. We all know you are a liberal, keep on making up statements and defeating your made up statement but please leave me out of your monologue.
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it was you that typed, "The sooner Obamacare/Trumpcare collapses catastrophically the sooner there can have a chance at returning to a free market with reasonable prices and adequate supply". I guess someone else said it.

Just because I'm not a right-wing minion, that doesn't make me a "liberal".
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-17-2017, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
The sooner Obamacare/Trumpcare collapses catastrophically the sooner there can have a chance at returning to a free market with reasonable prices and adequate supply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
...healthcare hasn't been "free market" since long before Obamacare was ever signed into law.
I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but these statements are not mutually exclusive. It seems like you're having trouble with that concept or just difficulty communicating.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-17-2017, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but these statements are not mutually exclusive. It seems like you're having trouble with that concept or just difficulty communicating.
I'm going to assume you are younger than 40. You have never seen a "free market" healthcare system in the US since you have been alive.

I know what you are trying to argue, but the US will have a universal healthcare before it goes to a "free market" system.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-17-2017, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
While would we return to a free market if the ACA is repealed when it's not been a free market before the ACA and all the politicians continue to craft laws that keep it from being a free market?

There is no path to a free market in HC. That dog don't hunt anymore. No politician is advocating laws that create a free market. So don't be a dumba$$ and pretend like it's going to happen. Why does everything have to be some kind of "liberal bs" when you are the idiot making stupid claims?
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       05-19-2017, 11:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
While would we return to a free market if the ACA is repealed when it's not been a free market before the ACA and all the politicians continue to craft laws that keep it from being a free market?
It was a free market a very long time ago, and a long time ago there were still remnants of the free market. The absence of laws restricting or regulating something is freedom, the more laws regulating something the less free it is. A return to a free market is desirable so affordable and effective medical care is available in a timely manner to anyone who wants it. A key part of this is removing the perverse incentives to tie health insurance to an employer. I suspect repealing a few laws and regulations along with Obamacare/Trumpcare could have a very tangible effect on reducing cost and increasing access to healthcare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
There is no path to a free market in HC. That dog don't hunt anymore. No politician is advocating laws that create a free market. So don't be a dumba$$ and pretend like it's going to happen. Why does everything have to be some kind of "liberal bs" when you are the idiot making stupid claims?
Not an argument. Try making an argument rather than attacking an individual, or at least attack the argument and make an attempt at reason or logic.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            05-19-2017, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
It was a free market a very long time ago, and a long time ago there were still remnants of the free market. The absence of laws restricting or regulating something is freedom, the more laws regulating something the less free it is. A return to a free market is desirable so affordable and effective medical care is available in a timely manner to anyone who wants it. A key part of this is removing the perverse incentives to tie health insurance to an employer. I suspect repealing a few laws and regulations along with Obamacare/Trumpcare could have a very tangible effect on reducing cost and increasing access to healthcare.

Not an argument. Try making an argument rather than attacking an individual, or at least attack the argument and make an attempt at reason or logic.
I don't think you know what a free market is.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-19-2017, 2:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, you could remove all the professional regulations about who can and cannot treat people and prescribe drugs. And yes you could remove the tax regulations that make buying HI a "use it or lose it deal" for those whose employers provide HI. And yes, you could allow people to freely purchase drugs from any where in the world. And yes, you could remove the requirement that hospitals that take medicare also be required to treat indigent patients in the ER. But none of that is being pushed by any politician. Going to a free market is a dead issue and it is extremely unlikely to ever be revived. It literally doesn't serve the interest of hardly anyone because it doesn't provide a path to modern HC. It's more like a path to the 3rd world.

Quote:
Wasn't intended to be an argument. It was an attack on you for making "being a liberal" some kind of issue in this discussion.