Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-02-2015, 5:54 AM Reply   
We like to take weekend trips on our boat to different river towns. I would really like to haul a couple mountain bikes with us to use when we are tied up to a dock. Has anyone out there ever attempted to somehow hang bikes from your tower or board racks so there is still room in the boat. I have an 07 MC X45. In the past ive taken a fold up bike and put it in one of the rear storage lockers. However, it would be nice to haul a few real ones so everyone would have a way to get around. 2 to 4 bikes max. What do u think?
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-02-2015, 6:32 AM Reply   
I would rather fabricate something to fit in the tongue of the trailer so the bikes ride between the vehicle and boat. Could be removable too.
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       10-02-2015, 6:34 AM Reply   
Check this thread out, I remembered seeing it years ago...http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...2Bbike+%2Brack
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-02-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
Now you are talking about transporting them while on the water from town to town.
The one on TMC looks to be the best idea I can think of.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-02-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
I guess I should clarify that, i will not have a tow vehicle or trailer with me, we would leave home, a town on the river and travel up to 8hrs by boat to another river town. I do like the swim platform idea, however, i thought if i could rig something up on the racks, it would leave the swim step available for swim or potty breaks during the boat ride. i will probably just try to rig something up, if i cant come up with a solid side mount i could copy the TMC post.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2015, 10:39 AM Reply   
Given he's a cyclist also, I'm surprised Grant didn't invent that set up shown on TMC.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-02-2015, 11:06 AM Reply   
WOW! And 8 hour haul on a wake boat?! Count me out! More power to ya! but if you're going the bikes on the racks route....I wouldn't see any prob with it! I would def get some foam insulation (like a swim noodle or something) to cover the tower racks to keep from scratching them or your bikes.
Old     (jws2)      Join Date: Apr 2015       10-02-2015, 11:52 AM Reply   
What about using pool noodles to pad the tower and board racks? Placing the bikes on the racks and using tarp ties or bungy cord to secure?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-02-2015, 10:05 PM Reply   
What about a Thule rack mounted to the tower. I am sure you can make one of those work.

Or mount a receiver to the underside of the swim platform and get a receiver mounted one.

http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/produc.../bike-carriers
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-04-2015, 6:23 AM Reply   
Just drag them behind the boat
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2015, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
What about a Thule rack mounted to the tower. I am sure you can make one of those work.

Or mount a receiver to the underside of the swim platform and get a receiver mounted one.

http://www.thule.com/en-us/us/produc.../bike-carriers
This, or rig up a rack - think car trunk rack/hatch back rack that sticks off the back of the car. Rig that setup on the side of the tower and hang the bikes like that.