Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-19-2015, 6:38 AM Reply   
So I am looking on puling the trigger on a Malibu up in Canada and bringing down to Minnesota. Does anyone know the process/cost associated with doing a purchase like this. I tried finding a tread on this, but appears they were all USA to Canada instead of Canada back to USA.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-19-2015, 7:39 AM Reply   
It was made in the USA and probably did not have to be exported, specifically, so you should be good. Your best bet is to contact Customs and get the info from them directly. The trailer might be more problem than the boat. It's dealt with in a different manner than the boat, I think.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-19-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
Art is correct. The boat is the easy part. It's truthfully the trailer that is more the issue as it usually needs an inspection so it can be deemed road worthy.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-22-2015, 9:45 PM Reply   
I just imported a 2009 MB Sports back into the US. It's not that hard. Go on the customs website and it lists the docs you'll need. You need to get temp tags to put on the trailer. You need the EPA form for the motor. You need a bill of sale. You need a Highway Safety Admin. Form for the trailer but it should have a sticker already stating it meets all the US safety guidelines on it. I might be missing a couple of things but as long as you follow the website guidelines it's pretty much idiot proof. You also do NOT pay tarrif.