Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    BamaMojo            10-14-2015, 6:02 PM Reply   
Would like some feedback from those that have a 15 23 LSV
What are your likes /dislikes??
Are you happy with your boat?etc....
Old     (chriscno)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-15-2015, 10:31 PM Reply   
I don't have a 15 but I do have a 14. The boat has a good wakeboard wake and a great surf wake. I believe the boat is the best bang for the buck.

I dislike how the boat handles when the surrogate is open and the bluetooth connection for audio devices.
Old     (randv)      Join Date: May 2015       10-15-2015, 10:59 PM Reply   
I have a 15 23LSV.
Agree that the Bluetooth could be better, and it doesn't handle well with Surfgate deployed, but it is only deployed while actually surfing and you can retract them as soon as the rider falls, so it is no big deal at all. Takes all of about 2 seconds to retract!

I love the looks, handling, dashboard (in my opinion, the best out there), handling (on flat water), Power Wedge 2 (which has a 'lift' setting), and overall functionality.
Underfloor ballast is only 1,350 lbs, so that is not a lot compared to some others, but the wake is still great with the PnP and wedge.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-16-2015, 11:44 AM Reply   
I'm a Malibu guy. I've been working with them since 2008ish. I've had 2 VLX, Both MXZ (22&24) and for 2015, I got my first LSV. I can't speak for other manufacturers, but I can speak for Malibus and why I love the LSV

Why I got a 15 LSV
It is the top selling V-Drive boat in the world across all manufacturers and wakesurfers love it. I'm a wakeboarder and I loved my MXZs. The MXZ wakes are hard-hitting and I couldn't imagine giving up all of the bow room of the pickle-fork bow. I really got talked into the LSV by SMG. I've been in recovery mode all season and thought: "Why not go with the popular boat for a few months and sell it fast when I'm healthy." Also, they had a color scheme I really liked and I do like the look of a traditional bow boat, so what the heck.

Why I have a 16 LSV on order
The LSV is a comfortable boat. It is really well balanced when sitting in the water, I'm able to keep my butt in the seat without the riser and drive for hours. The surf wave is better beind the LSV (stock) than the MXZ and the wakeboard wake is different, but surprisingly just as big and maybe a little friendlier at lower speeds. In the end, I like them equally. and if I had to assign a 1-10, they'd both be 11s, but they take two different routes to get there. The MXZ is a boat of extremes. The lines of the boat are extreme, the bow is extreme, the wakeboard wake is extreme (Big, Thick, steep at the top, etc). The LSV performs at an 11 across the board. The LSV performs really well without weakness.

One thing that impressed me most between 14 and 15 (not across models) was the improvement of the electronics. The bluetooth is now a 0 step process once set up. The lifting wedge, speed and surfgates all work together like I imagined they always should. The new wedge is way under hyped. I can get my boat on plane faster slammed with the wedge than without. You feel it forcing the nose down.
Old    BamaMojo            10-16-2015, 4:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the great input!