Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wksk8r)      Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Roseville       07-12-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
I got a used light bar and mounting hardware, but it obviously wont fit..... can anyone tell me just by looking who is the manufacturer of this hardware so I can order some to fit a 2003 Super Air?
Attached Images

Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-12-2011, 6:15 PM Reply   
Why not just shave the mount to fit. If your not crafty any machine or fab shop could do it for way cheaper than new mounts. It won't take 30 minutes to do. The area where the clamp bolts together is what needs to be shaved.

sent using tapatalk
Old     (wksk8r)      Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Roseville       07-12-2011, 8:12 PM Reply   
but it is too big not too small.....
Old     (FrankJohnson)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-13-2011, 4:16 AM Reply   
i think kevin means shave a bit off where the clamp bolts together so you will be able to tighten it up more?

Last edited by FrankJohnson; 07-13-2011 at 4:20 AM. Reason: was wrong
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-13-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
remove material between yellow lines where the green arrow is. the only thing to be careful of is the depth of the threads when done noted by red arrows. you can either deepen the treads by drill and re tap the same size or just shorten the screw. you may not have to do either, just be ready. i would try to remove the same from both sides just for looks but you could just remove material from the smaller or cap piece. it will work the same but i am just picky.

my sugestion for cutting if you don't have a mill handy would be a normal hack saw and then file to a flat smooth finish. alluminum cuts super easy and you may be able to remove enough with just a file. to do a good job you will need a vise just be sure to protect your clamp with some thin wood shims. vise jaws and alluminum don't mix. when your done some fine sand paper and a can of mothers polish and no one will ever know you did it.
Attached Images

Old     (wksk8r)      Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Roseville       07-15-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
thanks for the tip.... got it! looks like I will be able to get this to work after all!!!!
If you are ever in my neck of the woods come out for a pull 2300 lbs in the SAN will boot ya!!!!
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-15-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
Glad I could help. It want be to bad of a job at all. Thanks for the offer and same to you.

sent using tapatalk