Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (mrice)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-18-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
Hi:

I would like to get a tower with a good (strong) bimini top that I can leave up all season long. My boat is a 18' Larson I/O Sport. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Marshall (Toronto)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-18-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
shot you an email but basically, it's about the bimini, not the tower. Most aftermarket tower companies do not built the bimini tops in house. You can use a company like TowerBiminis and have a custom made tower mounted bimini top built for just about any tower on the market right now.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-18-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
z-5 cargo rack....best one out IMO
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-18-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
Towerbiminis.com

Very strong. How fast do you trailer? I was doing 70mph with the bimini up and into a strong 30mph headwind. The bimini started to flutter so I took it down. I think it's rated for 60mph wind. If you dock your boat, then no problem. I don't trailer with it any more unless local roads. Doesn't move at WOT.

I love the utility of the z-5 cargo rack, but I thought it was very limited on what tower it would fit. Towerbimini does fold up with removal of 2 nobs and 2 quick-release pins. Does the z-5?