Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-11-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
I've been away from boating for several years. I'm thinking about picking up an old DD boat for cash and adding a tower/ballast.

I don't paying for/doing cosmetic or mechanical work, but I don't care to get into floors and stringers...been there, done that.

When did CC/MC eliminate wood floors and stringers? What are the best wake and surf hulls in the post wood era?

Thanks!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-11-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
93 was the year for CC and the best hulls after that were the 93+ sports and the 95+ super sports.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-11-2008, 10:40 PM Reply   
Good to know.

I'm aware the of the 95+ SS because that's what my buddy has.

They run a little more than I want to spend right now.

I'll keep my eyes open for a Sport.

Thanks!
Old     (hbskier)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-12-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
MC went no wood in construction '86. Now that year citing still had wood in the rear bench frame and combing pads. Rear bench went no wood in 95 for some and the rest in 96.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-12-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
I have seen sports for as little as 13k for a 93+. This sime of year with how boat sales are doing right now, you might be able to steal one.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-12-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
The mastercraft team talk site routinely states that MC went with fiberglass stringers in mid year 83, so shoot for an 84 to be safe. I know theres still some wood here and there on my 92. Specifically the bottom of the rear seat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-12-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
Tony is right on the stringers. My dad had an 84 mastercraft with fiberglass stringers. His buddy had and 83 with wood stringers and now my dad currently has an 83 with fiberglass stringers. My dad's frineds 83 and my dad's current 83 actually came out to Seattle on a truck together.

The 80's mastercrafts aren't very good wakeboard boats but were by far the best built in that era.

I though nautique went to fiberglass in 1990? If that is case then your best bet for wakeboard performance and fiberglass stringers is the sport nautique.

I wouldn't completely eliminate boats with wood stringers altogether. There are some that have been taken care of and have solid stringers and floors. You open yourself up to a lot better wakeboard boats with wood construction. Supra Sunsports, Malibu Sunsetters, Nautique 2001(model), Sanger DLX and a few other.

(Message edited by polarbill on August 12, 2008)
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
OK, what are the premier older budget DD boats (read: close to or below $10K) that are all fiberglass?

MC-205?
CC-Sport?
Supra-?
Other-?

I live in Florida, so a "winter" project for spring release might be fun...
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-13-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
I'm kind of surprised that, for boats in the $10,000 to $20,000 range, I'm seeing more deals on Nautiques than other brands.

Not what I would have expected...
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-13-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
I am not sure of production numbers, but it seems like for certain years, there are more CC's out there.