Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (arsenuts411)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-31-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
I have an 04 wakesetter and I can't seem to get my wake where I would like it. Seems I have to go fast to get clean wake to wake jump. I am riding at 65 feet and I have the stock bow ballast filled and the wedge down. The wake doesn't seem to be that big. I usually only have a driver and a spotter on the boat so there is not much additional weight. I am thinking my issue is weight and that I need more. Any recommendations would be appreciated on what I can do. I am trying to get wake to wake 360's and I can't seem to clear the wake while doing it. I can clear the wake just jumping. everytime I look at these videos of people doing it they seem like they clear the wake with such ease with all there tricks. I feel like I gotta put so much effort into clearing the wake. I am not sure what the speed I am going since I am not sure if my speedometer is correct rpms I am going about 2400-2500.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-31-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
That sounds slow. RPMS are usually closer to 3K or more at wakeboard speed, more if boat is weighted heavy. Going faster will firm up the wake and make it narrower. Of course, make sure you got the fundamentals of edging down.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-31-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
if you are only riding at 65 ft, chances are you don't need any ballast right now. everyone always thinks more weight is better, I disagree. have your fundamentals down before you start adding weight. IMO.
Old     (arsenuts411)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-09-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
I got the speedometer correct by using a gps and calibrated it. I am riding at 21 mph. I am not sure if this is a good riding speed. I really thing I am having an issue with the wake shape I know how to use my progressive edge so I know its not an issue with that. I How do other weigh their boats I am thinking about getting a few sacs for wakesurfing anyway so i am thinking that it will work as a trial for wakeboarding. thinking of getting a

685 for the back and take out the back seat
use the stock mls 500 in the center ski locker
440 for up front to keep the bow down
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-09-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Is yours a direct drive? I'm assuming so since you are talkin about adding weight in place of the back seat instead of the vdrive compartments...

if so, I have a response lx and weight it like this with a driver and spotter...I put a 580# fatboy on each side of the engine, the seat bottom sac in place of the rear seat (i think its like 680 or something), and another 580 in the bow. since my wedge is always down when riding I'm pretty close to 65/35 back to front ratio...if I were you I'd get some sacs for beside the engine, the seat bottom sac and something about 580 or a little more in the front. I say that because your objective is to get somewhere between 60/40 - 70/30 back to front ratio, and you have to account for the wedge in that. also I ride at 24.5 with a 77 ft rope. you might wanna try speeding up a bit. and your rpms are going to be determined more by the prop than the weight you have in your boat
Old     (arsenuts411)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-09-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
thanks alot sippi now I have an idea on what I should add
Old     (arsenuts411)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-09-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
are you riding with the illuision tower
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-09-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
me? no. as far as I know you can't get an illusion on an rlx.

No worries! just don't forget to post a pic and show us what how it turned out. actually before and after pics would be good too!
Old     (arsenuts411)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
Yea I will make sure to get that posted as soon as I get everything all set
Old     (arsenuts411)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-10-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Yea I will make sure to get that posted as soon as I get everything all set