Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       02-02-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Still here, real busy at work and on the weekends we have been out Motocrossing. Looking forward to getting out on the water. Can not wait until it gets warm out. Hopefully we have an early spring and some warm water.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-02-2006, 7:21 PM Reply   
Hey all! KG I have some ideas rolling through my head on some sliders, boxes, whatever and I'd really liek to try to get this going..I think it'd be fun to do something different..

Jim, thanks for that link...

As far as goals go for this season, of course I want to land that elusive tantrum that I almost had at the end of last year. So that's goal #1.

2. 3's definately, i just have to practice the handle pass, it's easier doing 3's on a snowboard..

3. More grabs than just indy.. poked, etc.

4. Backroll..

I have lots more, just not sure what they're called..I'll have to look on Detention!! ANd I might even get a helmet as well, I took a few hard crashes and when you've had 7 concussions in your lifetime, it's probably a good investment..I just know i'll look like a tool!

I'm going to draw some schematics of the ideas i have in my head..KG can help me with dimensions and materials, so I do not know how to use my hands to build things...
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-02-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
KG I can get you good clean blue 55 gallon plastic drums if you need floaters to make a fun box.

Next season my goal is to wake to wake more often and just ride as much as I can every week.

As for the feb.11 ski thing I'm going to the wings lacrosse game so I can't go.

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-02-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
hmmmmmm blue drums...We're gonna need 4 jim.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-02-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
Hey everybody! First of all, thanks for all the birthday well wishes! I had a great birthday weekend. Justin
and Michele came over on Saturday and Alex, Connor and I went roller skating on Sunday! We had fun fun fun!

Houseboat weekend road trip?? Oh yeah! I've wanted to do something like this for years. Count us in!

See you at the boat show!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-02-2006, 11:33 PM Reply   
KG not a problem if you want them you got them.4,5,6,8 you just say the word.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-03-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
Wow guys! I am really excited for this season to start. All these lovely goals everyone is planning, plus sliders...woo hoo! As far as I go, I have so much I want to work on...
Edging
Ollie 180s
More pop!!
Wake to Wake
One wake 180s
Depending on how rapid my progression is this season...I may create some more...you know toeside backrolls, s-bends, 3's
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
huhuhuh beavis, she said s-bends!!

jim that sounds awesome..i'm working on the schematic drawings as i type...
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
huhuhuh, More Pop for my cornholioooo!

oh this could be interesting...Justin's gears are rolling!

...I'm just playin michele
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
yeah my ears are rolling but unfortunately I am not a vreative or artistic person, thank god i can do finances though..

here's a rough sketch of what i was thinking to start with, i have a few other odeas i just dont know if my photoshop skills can help me draw them out..

Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-03-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Justin that looks great. Yo this could be awesome.
Draw a mark exactly where you think my face will hit So now I found another thing I need for the 2006 season,A HELMET!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2006, 5:08 AM Reply   
Well, because of a late start, heavy rain and the fact that I had to drive around for 1 hour to find parking, I didn't get to the boat show until after 12:30. Lisa at the MC booth said you guys were there and I even checked over at TUN tavern around 2:15 but couldn't find you guys.
Boat show was lame as far as ski boats (only MC) and nobody selling any boards/skis/accesories.

Here's the deal about renting the houseboat:
The weekends out there a filling up fast.
The best boat for 8 people without spending the most money is boat #7. It's a 54 footer with 4 double beds and a sofa bed. Here are the available dates for it:
July 7-10
Aug 11-14
Aug 18-21
Aug 25-28

Is this the list of people interested?
Me and my son
Alex, Doreen and Conner
Justin and Michele
KG and Karen

If so, it would cost $350 per pair plus tax, fuel,food, etc. The marina requires a $400 deposit to hold the boat, $1400 due at arrival and after the boat is returned we get our deposit back.
If we're going to do this, don't wait too long or we may not get the date we want.
What weekend is BAD for anyone out of those dates? I prefer to stay away from Aug 18-21 because it's my son's birthday party weekend.
Let me know what you guys think.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-05-2006, 11:04 AM Reply   
Hey Dave,

Michele and I went to the show on Friday and were totally disappointed..It was a big waste of $15/each since the only boats there were MC's (Maristar 240, X-2, and a Maristar X-80) from Liquid Sports..We love the new X-2, that boat is beautiful~!! That X-80 was a beast though wasn't it? They were def. nice to look at and get on, but we were hoping for a bunch of different dealers..We def. won't be going back next yr..Hopefully we''ll be able to catch the NYC show next yr since we missed it this year..

I had called KG and Alex to let them know their wasn't much at the show, but didn't want to discourage them and have them call off their day..I didn't want them to drive all that way for nothing either. But they were just making it a day anyway, and I'm sure they had a great time..Our expectations were deflated..Anywho, about the trip! I'll talk to Michele to see which of those dates is better, we'll have to check our calendars and get back to ya..All in all I'm stoked about this trip..
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Justin, glad to hear your up for this trip....should be alot of fun! Let me know what dates are good for you guys.
I need to hear from Alex and KG about dates, too. After we decide on a date, we need to send the marina a $400 deposit to hold the boat for us.
Alex, I can understand you want to bring the SAN, but if you can't we can use my MC. Or, another option is I can use my suburban to tow your SAN! Doesn't matter to me, as long as we have at least one boat out there. 2 boats may not be a bad thing either, just in case of a mechanical problem, we'll have a spare!
Everyone please get back to me about dates ASAP.
This will be a great time, I'm sure!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
Yea Justin that looks SWEET! Good start with the slider...

Draw a mark exactly where you think my face will hit So now I found another thing I need for the 2006 season,A HELMET! - JIM, Hysterical...man you crack me up sometimes!

Boat Show...yea was a little weak by Boatshow standards! weather was blah, but we met up with Alex/Doreen, JB and his family. toured the boats, talked with Lisa of Liquid Sports...then walked around some. Got a Hat, me likey that! in return, I built Alex a Tower Speaker Box!
(build-out pics to follow)

Houseboat Trip
Dave,
I'll talk to Karen and ask her if any of those dates are bad. As far as I can tell we don't have any plans any of those weekends, but I will get back to you ASAP.
In regards to the boats, I agree that 2 would be nice for many reasons. We can work out the details later. Other than the details, this is looking like it will be a banner trip, and definately a TON of FUN!

Kev
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
Kevin, did Alex like the box? When we went over to Alex's that night for Doreen's b-day he had mentioned the box you that you originally made, and I just smiled and said I didn't know if you planned on finishing it or not or anything..Michele and I just laughed with each other later...

Well, tomorrow I start an orientation at my new job, took the 2nd ranked job seeing as I didn't get an offer from the job at Bernstein in Philly..So i'll be working in princeton..
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Hey Congrats on the job Justin.

Yes Alex liked the speaker box very much. It should be finished in about a week, heres a little taste,
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-06-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Kev, Nice job on the speaker box. Looks great!

Justin, Good luck at the new job. Where in Princeton? I have a few customers in that town.
Good place for lunch(take-out)is Cox's Market and deli on Nassau street.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-06-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Justin, Good luck at the new job.

KG nice looking box.

Just got home from Big Boulder. We went snow tubing today and had a blast. It was quiet and cold. Snowed a little off and on while we were there.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
Dave,
got 2 updates for ya.
- Karen and I are good for any weekend in August. If you looking to stay away from Aug 18-21 then I would say that Aug 11-14 might be our best choice.

- I have another person interested in the houseboat trip. His name is Micah. Micah is a friend of mine from College and definately a blast to have around on a trip like this. He has boarded with us all as well.
So some questions...
Micah would make 9ppl. Does this change the scenario in terms of boats to rent?
Would we be crowded with 9 on an 8 person?
Would going up to a 58footer something we should look at?
Would looking to rent 2x6/8-person boats be a better option? (FYI, The 2 boat option would up the cost per couple to $466-488, is this a major hurdle or problem with anyone?)
Does anyone know of additional ppl that might be interested in this, as this would offset costs.

Sorry to throw this all around and potentially increase everyones costs. (I'm a cotton-headed-ninny-muggins I know)
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Kev,

Should be no problem with 9 people, we'll just tell the marina we have 8 (done it before.)
Micah sounds like a fun guy to have around for this kind of trip.

We need to work on at least 4 definite groups, collect a deposit of $100 each to secure the boat.

Sounds like you're in for sure, as well as I am too. Just need to hear from Justin and Michele, and Alex and Doreen.

I will have my boat available, and in my suburban I can take 4 more people, too!
If we can get one more boat, thats cool. But if not, we can just use mine and split the gas bill for the houseboat and skiboat.

This could be a very fun and economical trip, everyone so don't pass it up! Check out the website, the pics don't lie. That lake is beautiful!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
Dave,
Great sounds good. Yes I agree, the lake is fantastic looking, I have been to the website a few times in the last week. :-)

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-07-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
Houseboat: I can't do the July weekend, and we're avoiding the 18th to 21st. The 11th to the 14th should
be fine, but last year that was the weekend of The 2nd Manahawkin Meltdown. So much for making it an annual
event. The 25th to the 28th is good for me for two reasons: I'll be vacationing at 60 Sylvia that
following week and I'd be in no big hurry to get back. Second, my birthday is the 29th. It would almost be
like a birthday party weekend road trip. But either way Doreen and I still have to take a hard look
at our schedules. We'll do that this weekend. Nine people? Two boats for sure. Also, if you read back
a bit, JB said he'd definitely be interested in a houseboat weekend. But as he confessed on Saturday,
he may be doing the tour again this summer after all, thus his weekends in the summer may be pretty much
all gummed-up with that annoying little inconvenience called "work." What do you think JB?

Kevin's Speaker Box Project: Henceforth I think this speakerbox is going to be referred to as Blast Master 5000.
Of course, this may change without notice, but for now it's the Blast Master 5000.
Is the Blast Master 5000 sick or what!!?? It's black, it's aerodynamic and it comes equipped with a
pail of scoop away! Kevin said "Alex liked the speaker box very much." That's such an understatement.
I'm loving it! Who wouldn't!?? That baby's going to be mounted to the Super Air's tower and I'm going to
be blasting the most offensive gangsta rap that I have right at all of those annoying tubers and occasional crabbers.
Another name we tossed around is The Cove Clearer! I've wanted tower speakers since day one.
Now it's finally goig to happen. I am sooo psyched!

The AC Boat Show: Justin's early reports were accurate: only one dealer (LSA) showing wakeboard boats,
no one displaying wakeboard gear and just aisle after aisle of fishing boats and pleasure cruisers.
Still, Doreen and I, the Gearys and the Bartons had a good time shuffling around and hanging out. I
didn't get any decent group pictures, but here are a couple of gems:
Me, Twiggy and JB
AlexTwiggyJB

KG, me, JB
KGalexJB

It's important to note that we're all sportin' 609TCC hats! Lisa from LSA said she saw Justin & Michele the
night before. I theorize she connected us by the hats. Were you wearing your TCC hats at the show Justin?
After the show Doreen, Karen, Kevin and I went over to The Irish Pub on St. James for some lunch.
After that we hit Trump Plaza and Karen hit a slot machine for $180! But not before I was presented
with The Blast Master 5000 in the parking garage! We play more slots, we hit a sic bo table, then
we watched a band and tried to win Bon Jovi tickets. We had a big time in AC!

Does any one care about NASCAR? The Bud Shootout is this Saturday night at Daytona. We talked about having
a Bud Shootout party at 60 Sylvia, but we dont know anyone who cares about NASCAR!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
Well August is better for Michele and I as well..So is Aug. 11-14th the date?

WOW Micah is interested? That would be totally cool to see him get in on this..Is he available for the dates suggested? And is it a definate that he'll be able to come?

first day of work was good..i'm looking forward to the new job..

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
and no i alex i dont watch nascar, not even close to a sport if ya ask me!!

we're def. in for the boat trip dave..i'm now making new loot!! and i even get paid next weeek!!!!

we didnt wear our hats...totally didnt even think about it..DOH!!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2006, 2:16 AM Reply   
JUSTIN :ANY NASCAR DRIVER WOULD KICK THE CRAP OUT OF ANY GOLFER!!!!!!!!! Alex: #20 BABY NEED I SAY MORE? But I'll be at the WINGS game this Saturday And the Phantoms game Sunday.

While we were tubing yesterday my older daughter said she would like to try to ski. So we are going back on the 26th for some family skiing. It should be great because it will be the first time for my kids.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2006, 3:01 PM Reply   
It sounds like the 11-14th is good for everyone, is that correct? Sorry if it conflicts with the Manahawkin meltdown, but I'm sure we'll have an excellent time, Alex! (just think how much more riding you'll do at the lake instead of in NJ!)

Jim, why not board your dogs at a kennel and help us fill-up 2 houseboats!!! Think about it!

If everyone is good with the date, some money needs to be collected and sent in. I'll be happy to take charge of that, if it's ok with everyone.

I was thinking of getting everyone together soon to discuss this and the June Delaware river get-together. I would like to suggest Kat-man-du in Trenton. Anyone like this idea? Maybe on a saturday or sunday for lunch? What do you think?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
Nascar = The most watched sport season to season in all the history of sports! (My random factiod of the day!)
I have only watch 3 actual races from start to finish, and one was a season ender where the top 4 drivers were all jockeying for position for the last 20 minutes...kinda of exciting...but I have no real opinion on Nascar!

Justin Congrat again man, glad to hear your back doing what you like!

So were considering 2 boats? That's cool with me, if it's ok with everyone else.
I'm up for a lunch, but If I can't make it I can have a check in mail for you Dave in a heartbeat.

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-08-2006, 3:59 PM Reply   
Doreen and I have taken a hard look at the houseboat trip and, unfortunately, it's unlikely that we'll
be able to do it. Like with Brian & Annette, it all boiled-down to vacation scheduling. We just cannot
make any commitment until at least March, and even then, extended weekends in August may be difficult
to secure. Believe me. I'm bummin'
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-08-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Dave, Katmandu sounds like a great idea for a Sunday afternoon! I’m up for that.

Not to change the subject, but,,,,

Alex the picture of your old boat in the “No $” thread a Sport Craft?? My last boat was at 16’ Sport craft….. A fine vessel they are.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
Oh Jim, I'm not too sure of that..Have you ever seen John Daly, he's a house! But anywho, nascar is not a sport, most boring thing to watch (IMHO), cars going around in a circle, woohooo fun!

Kevin, that factoid may be wrong if you included the world, thinking about soccer..I may be wrong though, I thought it was just the most watched in the US in terms of sports..That says something about the US, see how many hillbilly's we have in this country!! There's a reason budweiser is the major sponsor! HAHAAAHAHAHA

I hope this trip is not falling apart!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-08-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
Rut Row, Alex/Doreen, might not be able to make it? Well I have confidence that come march we'll find out that is was all a false alarm!

oh you might be right justin...I'll look back to where I found that stat, though it might be related to Jeff Foxworthy and not exactly quality information.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-09-2006, 1:08 AM Reply   
John Daley is always to drunk to fight anyone. Bud is not their major sponsor its NEXTEL and I'm pretty sure KG is right about the most watched event
Dave boarding the dogs is to much money. I looked into it before and they require you to first go to the vet for a physical and bring all the shots up to date which is a joke then put the dog on kennel cough meds before they will take them in. The vet bill would cost more than the house boat. Plus as soon as the football schedules come out my friends and I are booking a trip to Dallas this year to see the BIRDS. Its become an annual event for us guys where we pick 1 away game each year and do a big trip. This year its Dallas.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-09-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
It's not a false alarm. We have been excited about the houseboat trip, but it's really unlikely that
we're going to be able to make it happen. Here's the deal: First, the way Doreen's company is structured,
no one can submit vacation requests until March. And then they're still only requests that have to wait for
approval. Thus, it's impossible to make any sort of commitment until March. Second, it seems like everyone in
Doreen's department wants to go on vacation in August. My birthday is the last week of August, and everyone
sort of "understands" that Doreen always takes her vacation the last week of August. This leaves the other weeks
in August open to the other people in her department, and they get taken fast. The departmental
supervisor frowns upon having more than one person out at a time. Thus, Doreen will most like never get
approval to take a Friday off during one person's vacation and then the following Monday off during another
person's vacation. Is this getting confusing? Good! Because this is the crap Doreen and I wrestled with at
length to try to make this trip happen. Finally, even if the trip is moved to the last weekend in August,
taking the Friday off before one's vacation is also frowned upon. Doreen has a good job, she is compensated
well and she's given a fair amount of vacation time. It's just that August is a really bad month for an extended
weekend. And probably nothing will change in March. Her company vacation day policies are well established.
I think, maybe, at the very best, we could drive out there Friday night after work, stay at a local hotel,
hang with the crew on Saturday, go back to the hotel Saturday night and then drive home Sunday morning.
But that would be A LOT of driving for just one day of boarding.

So that's the story. It sucks, but count us out. What about September or early October?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-09-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Hey this is pretty neat...and a shameless self promotion!

Blast Master 5000
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-09-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
Thank God for my union job. If you tell me I can't have off then I call out sick. If you have a problem with that, talk to my union shop steward oh thats right i forgot I am the union shop steward. So leave me alone I was sick that day. GCIU/IBT local 14M. Gotta Love IT.

If it comes down to it and you guys need an extra person to split the cost of the house boat trip with maybe I could sneak away from home for the weekend and help you out.

Tomorrow morning I plan on reserving a condo at Big Boulder for Sunday Feb 26th.We and the wife and kids are getting 2 bedroom condo,ski rentals,lift ticket,lessons for the kids and 4 snowtubing passes for $360.00 Thats a deal I had to jump on. So we will ski all day Sunday and tube on Monday. Later in the day after I get the kids squared away I may trade my skis in for a board and try it.Hopefully I wont end up like JB.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
Not sure of any of you are into the 80’s thing, English Beat is playing on March 18th.

http://www.st94.com/music/2006_03.html - beat

KG, nice job on the blast master!

(Message edited by eustace on February 09, 2006)
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
Ok one more try…

http://www.st94.com/music/2006_03.html - beat
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Alex, What if we moved it to the weekend of 25-28th, you guys could come out late friday night or early sat. morning and stay until monday.
Would that work better? Is everyone else free that weekend? What weekend it is doesn't matter much to me, I'm just trying to get us all together.

Jim, great if you could come out, you make the party, man! I hope you can pull that off.

Anyone else in our immediate group interested?
Didn't hear from the following:

George and family
Woody
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
Dave, I'm not planning on coming because of all the things I have going on. But what I was saying was I would hate to see this trip fall apart because there weren't enough people. If that happens and you need people to balance out the cost then I would try to make it myself but it would be to much hassle for the family because of the dogs and the money I would have to put out to board them for 4 or 5 days. It would be hard but I think I could get away with a solo trip if the group needed another.

I'm SO READY FOR HOT WEATHER.

I just booked my overnight ski trip to Big Boulder. 7 people 2 bedroom townhouse,everyone gets lift ticket,ski or board rentals ,lesson, tubing pass and the townhouse for the night for only $565. Not to bad. I'm a good skier but I'm nervous about boarding.So I will ski have a day then trade my skis in for a board and let the pain begin.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2006, 9:43 AM Reply   
What up,
It's been a long winter. Good to see so many people are ready to ride this year. I wanted to post this photo last year but forgot, I'd like to think it's the only guaranteed way to go to Atlantic City and end up on top.
Charles

Atlantic City
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Charles: where exactly was that picture taken? Kind of looks like the inter coastal water way in A C.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
KG:Just picture this setup with a flat deck instead of the slider.And blue drums instead of black ones. How sweet would that be?

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Oh yeah...we got Charles in the house! It's good to have you checking-in Charles. Great picture too!

Yep, another New Jersey boarder itching to get back into the water and feel the pull of the handle.

Dave: Yes, the last week of August could work for us. We just couldn't get there until early Saturday
morning. But I think KG might have some preexisting plans for that weekend? Any hoo, I'll check
with Doreen and we'll let you know.

Brian: Yes! My old boat is a 19' Sport-Craft Sea Eagle, circa 1971! It's not a pretty boat, but we had a lot
of fun on that thing. I first learned how to wakeboard behind that boat! I still have that boat, and I
may have a buyer lined-up. He's not a wakeboarder and if he buys it I'm going to remove the tower and try
to sell it separately on ebay. But that's only if Justin doesn't buy it for the Invader first! And I've been
into a lot a different music over the years, but The English Beat has never been a band I've listened to.
Thanks for the heads-up though!

Jim, before you strap-on that snowboard, take a good look at the pictures of JB at the boat show. Easy does it big guy...

And finally, the more I look at the pictures of The Blast Master 5000 the more I'm blown away. Is that KG
a craftsman or what?! It's truly a honor to be on the receiving end of such an endeavor. I've been working ebay
for the past few days and I'm about to load that baby up with four JL Audio XR650-cxi speakers, and a
JL Audio 300/4 power amp. I am so psyched about this I can hardly stand it. I am going to SO blast the
shiz out of Turtle Cove this Summer (well, for as long as Doreen lets me, anyway).
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
the pic is from behind ventnor heights, it's a shot of the back of the casinos, (Tropicana) is in the center. I'm riding behind a 23' I/O.

It would be sick if somebody built a nice slider. I saw some plans on the list that looked nice. if anybody goes for it, you've got to build it bigger than you think you need. a 15' flat rail looks really small at 20 mph.

what up alex.

Later,
Charles

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Hey Charles, what up man. That pic is great, your going huge!. I know exactly where that is too. Some of those back areas just inside the island can be great!

I don't think the trip is falling apart yet...just has to be firmed up with those that can make it. I think it is a shame Alex & Doreen can't commit right now, but things might change. We still got Me, karen, Justin, Michele, Dave & Son, Micah...that's 7...leaving the costs around $200 per person. That's still not bad at all.
And theres nothing saying we can't plan another trip for Sept or Oct that includes Alex & Doreen too! ...and Yea, the Blast Master 5000 is going to ROCK!!!

Jim,
That's a great pic of a slider for us to work off of...and were still gonna need the barrels!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
Many times I've looked at those back bays and waterways along the AC Expressway, The Whitehorse Pike and
The Blackhorse Pike and wondered if anyone wakeboards in there. But I think, much like Turtle Cove,
the water isn't very deep. I remember a small jet crashing into those waters not long ago and the thing
barely went under! I think winesses said the half submerged turbines were kicking-up huge rooster tails.

And yes, if the houseboat trip is the last weekend of August, we're there!
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
What up everyone, long time no post from me, school has had me busy. The June 3rd deal sounds like a lot of fun, so I'll be in for sure. The August trip sounds like fun, but I'll be in Lake Powell, and if you only have 8 people on a 54 footer houseboat, you'll have plenty of room, we have fit 20 on our 54 footer in Powell with no problem, you can have people sleep on the top deck under the stars. Oh ya I got a philly number so here it is for future reference.
25-219-4738, and I also bought a house, so as you can see it has been pretty busy for me. Peace out
Russ
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
What's up Russ. Nice to hear from you.Wow you have been busy.

ALEX: You want some shallow water wakeboarding? Look at this.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/Winching_1139286255_wakeboarding-photo-image-video.html?medid=18223

Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2006, 5:22 PM Reply   
OK, did someone mention NASCAR!! <perk> Not to get on a different subject BUT....
Justin, sweetheart...NASCAR "IS" a sport and as far as most watched, Kevin's stats are correct. The NASCAR season lasts 8 months out of the year. Almost every weekend from February until October there's a race. Each speedway holds over 100,000 spectators. Can't match that to any football season or any other sport for that matter, not to mention the TV viewers it attracts. Alex and I are big NASCAR fans and used to go to the Pocono and Dover races each year. Then along came wakeboading but that's another story. It's one thing to watch a race on TV and if you're not a fan, could be boring, but to see it in person is a whole different experience. Get in a race car with Dale Jr or Jeff Gordon going 200 miles an hr trying to pass the car in front of you and then tell me it's not a sport!

Yes JimB, I am a Gordon fan! Have been since he was a rookie and if I do say so myself, he's had a very good run!.
OK, sorry about all the NASCAR talk, what can I say, call me an in the closet redneck!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Doreen, it's not a sport! and I have been to a race(s), i used to work at dover downs when i was in college in dover, DE...different experience yes, but still boring as hell..i will stick by my guns..i would never call you a redneck, but however the majority of fans are!!! 99.3%

dave, when are you going to need the money..let's firm this up...

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
who's going snowboarding this weekend? I AM!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2006, 7:12 PM Reply   
DOREEN: STEWARD BABY #20 I had Pocono tickets for 4 straight years and then last year my fathers health was an issue and we gave our seats up.I have also been to Martinsville twice.

I wont need to drive 2 hours this weekend to board. Maybe I'll put my wakeboard on and tie the rope to my truck.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-10-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
I used to have a Pitbull. Max. He was a great dog. When I first got him I went out and bought some books
on Pitbulls so I could learn more about the breed and to hopefully enrich my experience of dog ownership.
One of the top authorities on Pitbulls at that time (around 1985) was a guy named Richard Stratton.
In one of his books he wrote something so profound that it has stayed with me to this day. He wrote,
and I'm paraphrasing, "It's amazing how much you have to know about a subject before you can realize just
how much you really don't know about that very same subject." Since reading this I've found this simple
maxim to have almost univeral applicability. For a quick example, near Columbia University in New York City
is a gothic cathedral called The Cathedral of St. John the Divine. I remember strolling in there one day and
saying to myself "Wow. This place is really cool." But once I studied gothic architecture in college and
gained an understanding of it, I went back to St. John the Divine and went "Holy Shizz. This is amaaazing."

I fully believe the key to the real appreciation of anything is knowledge and understanding.

Nextel Cup racing is SO much more than cars going around in cirles. And it's having an understanding
of all its intricacies and nuances that make it so exciting. Is NASCAR racing a sport? Well, I guess that
depends upon how one defines a sport. There are clearly defined rules, there's competion, there are teams
(with members including not only the driver, but highly skilled engineers and very physically fit, rigidly
practiced pit crew members), and the drivers have to be not only physically fit enough to drive a race
car at 180+ mph for four hours in a nomex suit in 100º summer heat, but they must also possess the psychological
conditioning to stay focused and alert. A loss of concentration and focus at 180 mph could result in death.
Driving a race car at the NASCAR Nextel cup level is not for the timid, the infirm or the uncertain.

Based on these facts, these truths, this emperical evidence and these exapmles, I conclude that
NASCAR Nextel Cup racing is indeed a sport.

Ok. I'm off my soapbox.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
Jim,
That is probably one of the best 'roots' videos I have ever seen! IMO EVERYONE should take a look at the video Jim posted the link for, it's really what this sport is all about!

Justin, they have a kicker in the video that would be a great model to work off of, we can surely make a floating one of it too!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-10-2006, 10:34 PM Reply   
Ya what Alex said!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-11-2006, 4:40 AM Reply   
HOUSEBOAT TRIP---

Okay, everyone involved please chime-in on this.

If we switch the date to the last weekend of August (25-28th), is everyone okay with that?
I want to get this finalized pretty soon.

Alex, Doreen, Justin, Michele, KG, Karen, Micah, myself and Kyle(son) That's 9 @ $156- per person plus tax, fuel, etc. One boat should do it, but we can leave the option open for a 2nd boat if more people want to come too.

NASCAR-- Alex, Doreen & Jim--Kyle and I are fans, also. As a matter of fact, I drove one at Dover 2 years ago for 15 laps! Man, that was a blast, something everyone should try (Justin)!
I can't imagine driving in traffic during a race for over 3 hours! My nerves would be shot!
Next time I'm going to try Pocono, they let you go alot faster there. My buddy drove one there, hit 158 on the back stretch. Yea, baby!!!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
Houseboat mania: Dave, if the last weekend of August becomes the agreed upon date, Connor will be there too!
I can give you deposit money or whatever other funds that may be needed at any time. And again, if there are
going to be ten people there, then two boats are a must. Even Shaun Murray at The Boarding School limits his
classes to five people max. Plus, how could I possibly leave the Super Air and the BM5k home?!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-12-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
Alex, that would be great if Connor could come too. Him and Kyle can keep each other company. (Kyle will be 13 in august)

I agree with the 2 boat idea. It would be nice if we could get 2-4 more people. I have a friend who rides.....I could ask him if he wants to come too.

Bring the SANTE and I'll bring the Maristar!
We can rock-out to the tunes of your new system!

Is everyone else in agreement with the new dates?
Open invite still goes to George and family and Russ.
Haven't heard from Woody yet, either!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-12-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
Sorry everyone but I refuse to wait until your June 3rd get together to board.

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-12-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
All I have to say is.....BRRRRRRRRRR!

(Next time wear a helmet!)

BTW, who's driving......the invisible man?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2006, 6:02 PM Reply   
wow, alex, i wasn't aware that i struck such a nerve...i apologize if i did..

anywho, to move on, jim you are a brave man! cold feet is what comes to mind!!

we went boarding @ Big boulder saturday and Blue Mtn. sunday for an awesome weekend! there was so much snow that when you fell, it actually wasn't on ice and didnt hurt like normally. we're thinking of heading up to Mt. Snow next weekend since it's a 3-day weekend..We'll see, plans haven't been solidified yet..

those guys know how to have some fun in that video!! however that water looks gross!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
Jim, I'll bet the wife must be thrilled and the kids were jealous! oh yea, nice backside heelside you got goin there!

Karen and I did some toboganing with the tahoe this morning on the way to Dunkin Donuts! weeeeeeeeeee!

Pics coming shortly!

(Message edited by wakescene on February 12, 2006)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-13-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Hey I made the local news.

http://www.nbc10.com/slideshow/news/6976626/detail.html?qs=;s=12;p=news;dm=ss;w=400
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Blizzard photos...
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/4387/284492.html?1139861012
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-13-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
On that link I'm picture # 12
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2006, 4:50 PM Reply   
Jim those pictures are great!! Hopefully this is the end of the snow!!

Dave the houseboat think sounds neat but I can not plan anything that far in advance. Looking forward to spring and the June gathering.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-13-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
WooooHooooo, Karen and I are in for Aug 25-28th! I will inform Micah as well!
So are we doing 1 boat or two? Did I read Conner might make it too? If so then I agree with the two boat deal, otherwise 1 should be fine.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-14-2006, 6:19 AM Reply   
If it's August 25 to 28, then the Connorman will definitely be there. And it's really good that he'll have
a peer there (Kyle). I think a peer is what Connor needs to push him to try new things. Perhaps we
can get the next generation riding together even before the houseboat trip. Yes, two boats all the way. It just
takes too long to cycle through riders when you have lots of people on the boat.

Jim & KG, great pictures! KG, I'll have all four speakers and the power amp at my door any day now. The power
amp, I figure, can hang at 60 Sylvia until the shrink wrap is off and we're ready to go in and do surgery.
The speakers I'll get to you as soon as I get them. I love it when a (secret) plan comes together!

Justin, relax brother. I just get verbose from time to time. I can't help it! It's this damned over-active
brain of mine. Bad brain! Bad brain!

Has anyone noticed? The previous New Jersey thread has been purged from the active list and sent to
the archive.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
Archived...but not forgotten!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
I saved the whole thing to my computer before it went bye bye.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Houseboat trip looking good!

I called the marina today.....only one boat is rented out for that weekend so far!

Sounds like Alex and family are in.
KG and Karen are in.
How about Justin and Michele....are you okay with the last weekend of august?

This plan is coming together!
Hope Micah can make it too.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-14-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Micah is in, jsut got off the phone with him...He's got the date earmarked....er saved! What ever money is needed for him I will cover for the time-being!

Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-14-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
Hello all, Michele and I are in for the last weekend in Aug. (25th-28th). Are you all talking about 2 houseboats, or 2 boarding boats, I am confused?

Attendees:
1.Me
2.Michele
3.Kevin
4.Karen
5.Alex
6.Doreen
7.Connor
8.Dave
9.Kyle
10.Micah

Is this the firmed up list?

Gotcha Alex, I just wasn't sure whether you were offended or not.

Guess what everyone, I haven't even been at my job a week (6days tday) and I was already promoted to the Priority Client Svcs Team from the Advisory Management Team! Cool or what?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
Justin: I don't know what that title means but it sounds important. Nice job.Thats alot of words. Will that title fit under your name on your office door?
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-15-2006, 5:45 AM Reply   
Charles, great Atlantic City pic! I've gone past that waterway tons of times and always wanted to ride there. If you need a third next summer, let me know..

And I'm stoked to see the houseboat trip coming together so well at such an early date. I wish I was around to go but I'll be in Wisco for the Nationals. I've done houseboat trips before and there is no better wakeboarding getaway.

And just to throw gas on the fire, who is everyone's favorites for the Daytona 500? Nothing to do with wakeboarding, I'm just trying to stir up trouble. I myself am pulling for Mark Martin, simply because we share the same birthday.

ANd I go to the doctor tomorrow to find out if I need surgery on this busted clavicle. Wish me luck!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-15-2006, 6:11 AM Reply   
Daytona 500 favorite? Dale Jr. all the way. He's got the old man's notes and no one was better on restrictor
plate tracks than Dale Sr. Mark Martin? He's a good guy. I'd be ok with a Mark Martin win. Maybe we should
have a Daytona 500/houseboat planning gathering. We can pony-up our deposits for the houseboat trip and
we can have Justin watch the Daytona 500, sort of A Clockwork Orange style.
Jim's guy Tony Stewart is ok. He's still real down-to-earth and is still active on the dirt short tracks
we he can squeeze it in. Dave, who are Kyle and your favorites? And are there any drivers who just sort
of irritate anyone? You can put the 24 and the 48 in that catagory for me.

Good luck at the doctor JB. Hopefully the news will be good and there'll be no need to go under the scalpel.

And seriously, should there be a houseboat trip prepatory gathering to officially begin the process of
getting our poop in a group? Dave, you may be the guy to spearhead this. Maybe this Saturday somewhere?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-15-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
Sorry Doreen but,I HATE GORDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tony Stewart all the way baby.

Good luck JB.

(Message edited by jim_b on February 15, 2006)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-15-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Jim,
Next time build some kickers you sic bastid! Nice pics, wha' chall get for snow amounts?
22" for central MA, Boston 18".
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-15-2006, 3:32 PM Reply   
Alex: Kyle likes Stewart....always has!
I'm impressed by Newman, He doesn't quite fit the same mold as the "southern boys" and he has a degree in mechanical engineering. Plus he's a good driver.
As far as irritating, gotta go with Kurt Bush.
Maybe someday someone will knock him out!

A get-together this weekend would be nice, either saturday or sunday. Maybe at Kat-man-du in Trenton? What day is best for everyone?

Justin, Looks like you have the accurate list of people there. I say 2 wakeboard boats, one houseboat. We will have enough room for 10 people, plus I like the sound of $1400 better than $2800 any day!