Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-03-2006, 12:39 PM Reply   
For those that are in the Denver area; I stopped by Standley Lake a couple days ago on my run and spoke with the guys there. In short, here is the scoop for passes next year.

They will sell 550 passes at $850 or $900 each, they haven't decided yet. It will be a lottery system. Application packets will be available on January 2, 2007. Due back by 4pm on February 5, 2007.

Prior to the lottery, you will be required to ensure your application is correct by logging onto their website at www.ci.westminster.co.us/res/recfac/SL

If you win, you'll make payment. More specifics are on their website.

Also, I'm working on an agreement for up to 3 private lakes. These are still in the works, so nothing specific to announce.

The lakes are in North/West Denver. Cost will be approximately $2500/year with a $2500-$5000 initiation fee. Protected and possibly indoor boat storage will be available at the site. The lake(s) will be available daily except 2-3 days each season. We will host a couple of wake tournaments this year(evenings)and possibly a stop from one of the pro's that tour each year. For those that don't own a boat, we will have at least 1, 2007 Nautique and a Malibu VLX for getting pulls in. The facility may have lights for evening/night sets among other things.

If you are interested, send me a PM and I'll put you on a list on a first come, first serve basis. Note: I will not be releasing any information about location at this time.
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-03-2006, 3:51 PM Reply   
Steve,

This is kinda off topic but since your from CO i had to ask. Im finishing school at DU right now and will be graduated in June. I will have my boat here for most of arpil may and june until i head back to seattle. I was wondering if you know any other good storage place or to ride.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-04-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
Not sure where DU is? (Denver University?) I know of a couple decent places to store boats in the Westminster area, but nothing that's good and heated. I store mine in Englewood because it's heated but I've been looking around because I can't pick up or drop off on the weekends and it's a long way to my house. Very annoying. Hit me up PM if you want more info.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-06-2006, 8:39 AM Reply   
down near DU's campus, Chatfield, cherry creek res. and a few others. Nothing great. Steve, Start a club, and I am in to pay.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-06-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Steve thanks for the post. Expect a minumum of 2500 people going after those 550 permits.. Good luck to everyone putting in for the lottery.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-06-2006, 11:20 PM Reply   
Wait...boats are allowed on Cherry Creek Res now???? I lived in Cherry Creek in the early 80s and I don't ever remember seeing a boat out there. But I do remember 4 feet of snow at the end of April.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-07-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
yeah, someone dies almost yearly...
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-07-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
JS - if you feel like making the trip, you can hit up the bigger lakes for a drive, like horsetooth, carter, pueblo, maybe jackson lake out east. some of those places are pretty good, especially if you can get out there during the week. call up tommy's or s&w marine maybe for some storage recommendations.