Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    squirrel0025            10-27-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
Has anyone boarded at Lake Pleasant, AZ. ???
I'm on my way there this coming April and wanted to know how the conditions are.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2006, 7:03 PM Reply   
go there alot. going on monday as a matter of fact. conditions are good. go on a weekday. weekends are party days with all the power penis extensions driving around.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
Pleasant is great. Easy access. Warm water. Really crowded on weekends with boat bun. Weekdays are superb for riding. Hit us up when you get down here. I store my boat there.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-29-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
If its windy-dont bother. If you have the opportunity to go on a weekday with no wind, its guaranteed good riding.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-29-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
You all just answered a question I was about to ask. I'm bringing the family to Arizona to watch my A's spring training in March. Thought about bringing the boat and getting some wet time in also. A friend suggested Lake Pleasant. Unless someone talks me out of it I'm bringin' the boat.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-29-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
there are other great lakes in the area. bring the boat.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2006, 12:37 PM Reply   
worst lake in AZ.
horrible water, horrible boaters.
some kid actually died there this year from what an autopsy said was a bacteria in the water. I friend works at a dive shop and they were informed not to dive there anymore... it never made the press and news, but I'll stay out.

lake titicaca or bust.
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-03-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
One of my friends is moving real close to there and from what he has said he really likes the lake.
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
here are some pics from last monday (10-30-06)
at lake pleasant. profile pic is the lake too.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-03-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
quote: worst lake in AZ.
horrible water, horrible boaters.
some kid actually died there this year from what an autopsy said was a bacteria in the water. I friend works at a dive shop and they were informed not to dive there anymore... it never made the press and news, but I'll stay out.

I believe it was a mixture of bacteria in the lake and a medical condition he already had. In my experience Pleasant has the cleanest (appearing) water of all the lakes in Phx area. If the water is that bad you wouldn't be allowed in it. There are people who are paid to monitor the quality of the water and they are better qualified to judge than most people.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-03-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Lake Pleasant is by far the best lake in Arizona. I'm not sure why more people don't go there, it's freakin' huge! All the other Arizona lakes except Havasu and Powell are pretty much a waste of time IMO!
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-03-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
This time of the year Pleasant is nice, you can always find smooth water. Bartlett is a great place to ride but like all the lakes here weekends in the summer time are packed.. Suargo(sp?) In early summer there's always a bunch of dead fish floating around at least the last couple of years, but a great place to ride. Firebird is always smooth and nobody out.
Old     (san210nut)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-03-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
Firebird will rot your boat out quicker than anything!!
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
everyone should go to bartlett and firebird and give red a wave as you throw rollers at him.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-03-2006, 3:12 PM Reply   
I think Ty just doesn't want to share his lake with us Californian's (I'm an Oregon transplant if it makes any difference).