Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       04-14-2015, 6:10 AM Reply   
everytime I jump it seems to look like this... Sometimes I land it, sometimes I slide out and crash... just not sure why my tip always seems go up. I dont really notice it when I am doing it, but when I see the photos its clear...

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       04-14-2015, 6:12 AM Reply   
And also I am not back home with my boat anymore, Im overseas so the boat time I get is rented, they have a designated driver, there is nothing I can do to weight the boat or really do anything in regards to driving, just looking for some technique pointers.

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       04-14-2015, 6:14 AM Reply   
when I come up on the wake i approach knees bent and straighten out right before hitting the wake trying to keep the rope low to my hip.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-14-2015, 7:10 AM Reply   
Don't straighten your legs before you hit the wake. You get vertical pop from extending your legs as you go up the wake. Can you hold on with both hands? Don't let go with your trailing hand unless you are going for the grab.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-14-2015, 7:49 AM Reply   
You're not keeping your legs straight. In the first picture you're barely even off the wake and already knees completely bent. Focus on even weight on both feet and standing tall and holding it. Resist the pull of the rope and keep both hands on the rope and as close to your hips as possible.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-14-2015, 8:46 AM Reply   
^Yep, he might be straightening before the wake, but they are collapsing coming off the wake.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-14-2015, 9:32 AM Reply   
Looks like your weight is on your rear foot,must be even distribution for good pop. And I know they drive for you but if your paying tell that guy to drive a straight line!! 1 long swooping turn is a waste of $.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-14-2015, 11:01 AM Reply   
both hands on the handle, low on the hip[, progressively build speed as you approach and stand tall at the lip of the wake
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-14-2015, 1:59 PM Reply   
Start small. Really short approaches, really progressive edges... roll into edge slow, and cut harder as you near the lip. You want your hardest part of the approach edging at the last moment. Start your cut at 10%, then 20%, 30%, etc etc so you're at 100% right at the end.

WAIT WAIT WAIT to pop, it takes a long time to be at the top, don't rush it.

Try to keep two hands on the handle and keep it really tight to your lead hip.... handle control may seem irrelevant to jumping, it is not.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       04-14-2015, 4:39 PM Reply   
Tip coming up is because of edging in with more weight on back foot, like Red said. Before you start edging back in, put more weight on your front foot, and keep it like that.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-14-2015, 11:55 PM Reply   
I used to suffer from the same problem, as Red said above you have too much weight on your back foot. You will land as you took off, so if you land tail heavy it means you took off tail heavy.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-15-2015, 8:50 AM Reply   
Are there supposed to be pictures here? All I see is text and references to pics. Did they get deleted or something?
Old     (spikeTX42)      Join Date: Dec 2014       04-15-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
Your rope may be too far out.

In the first pic it looks like you are hitting the wake just behind the curl. If you are popping and hitting the wake there it may throw your nose up like that.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-15-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
That actually throws me the other way nose inverted when I catch wash