Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (mjpwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-05-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
hi everybody.... new here but definatly not new to wakeboarding... just wanted to show a few pictures from my first ski boat... its an 87 supra sunsport with 615 hrs.... paid $3800 bucks for her!! so im pretty happy.. i think i got away with a great deal! let me know what you think and how you guys set these things up 4 a big wake...seems to respond really well to weight in the front... oh and the surf isnt too bad either!! so far ive rhino lined the platform... removed the square wood railings... and installed a stereo, speakers, and a memphis 15 inch subUpload
Upload
Old     (jvkc)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-05-2008, 11:41 PM Reply   
$3800? did they call the police after you left?
Old     (reachjims)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 3:32 AM Reply   
wow good deal. seems like eveyone on here is picking up an 87 sunsport these days. nice boat
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-06-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Wow, that is a steal. And anyone can have an 87 Supra if they check out this link:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/608624.html?1217615557
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-06-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
Check the wood!!
Old     (mjpwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-06-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
yeah the floor had one soft spot on it right in front of the driver's seat... i just got a piece of 1/2 inch lumber and water treated it and covered it with carpet and put it over the soft spot and mounted the seat to it to temp fix the problem till i can get to it this winter... stingers were good... just a small soft spot but its an old boat and i kind of expected it.... even if i have to do the whole floor this winter for 3800 bucks im not gonna complain! and nah the cops didnt get me... i think we must have outrun them!!
Old     (mjpwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-06-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
oh and i was wonderin if anyone knew where the best and cheapest place to get a good 4 blade for the supra? we've been "sackin" her down and i wanna get a little more holeshot if possible! thanks
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-07-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
Looks real good Matt welcome to the club! Yes you did get a bargain! Where are you from? Why did you remove the square wooden railing around the stern and have you been happy without it? Interesting idea.

Have you seen the other '87-91 Supra' couple of threads here recently?

I'm running a Fly High Locker Sac under the sundeck and rear seat, use a 680 for surf and just got two more 400's. Put one on top the surf sac last night and WOW!

If you put the wakeplate down like 15% it puts a real nice lip on the wake (both wakeboard and surf) and it helps to plane out a little bit too.

I'm interested in where you mounted your stereo stuff.
Old     (mjpwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-07-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
yeah mikey.... i painted the wood railing black to begin with (its black in this picture) but after a while the paint was starting to come off a bit so i decided that i wanted to take it off.... it actually looks a lot better without it i think... i just put nice stainless steel screws in the holes and it looks good.... so my stereo... i ordered 4 polk db slim fit speakers to go in the four original speaker holes (has to be slim fit or they wont fit).. then i took out the small round lights that are in the wood trim... i took out the light and pieces, then cut the back out of them and mounted a kicker 3 inch component speakers in each so i could have some good hi's to go with the big bass... mounted the 4 channel amp under the passenger seat with my two batteries and have a memphis 15 inch sub that fits snug but perfectly in the crawl space underneath the steering wheel. What was hardest was taking the old tape player out... cutting the housing and making it house a new cd player. so the cd player is mounted right underneath the steering wheel. all in all it worked out really good. and yeah ive read the supra threads and that is a lot of why i started looking for one of these boats! im from the clemson area in south carolina. oh and i got some new updated decals going on the boat this weekend...ill post some pics when it gets done.
Old     (tride)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
Matt,
can you show pix where you mounted your cd player,
Old     (mjpwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-10-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
here you go tony... here is a picture of where ive got the cd player mounted... and then the next picture is of the boat with the new graphics... and i know the graphics arent perfect, but my buddy's father has a vinyl business and he let me use his computer and i hand made the graphics from scratch! i think they turned out pretty darn good. lemme know what you think!Upload
Upload
Old     (victory07rdr)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-10-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
Let's see a photo of that swim platform.
Old     (mjpwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-10-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
dave... im takin her out again tomorrow afternoon... so ill snag a pic then and get it up here soon!
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
Already shaping up. I would recommend running your stereo wires through the bow. It might be a hassle and a pain trying to stretch your arm around, but it's way worth it.
Old     (tride)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-11-2008, 5:29 AM Reply   
Matt,
That's where I have my cd player, but mounted in a marine cd box.

What is the size on the supra decal?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-11-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Shoulda asked us what the official Supra font is yo! :-)
Old     (mjpwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-13-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
what is the offical supra font?! haha... i tried to get as close as i could... i think it looks pretty nice... and the dimensions are like 13 inches tall by like 5 1/2 foot i think... but thats just off the top of my head!
Old     (mjpwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-13-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
here's a few pics of the rhino lined platform dave... and the new supra decal on the back....Upload
Upload
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-15-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
No worries bro your font looks fine! hehe I just had to bring it up. I just ordered custom domed registration numbers off of ebay for $40 and they had the font listed. They actually said through the years they slightly altered the style of the font, but it is:

Handel Gotdbold in italic

Here is the webpage where I found this! But not the same as where I bought 'em.
http://www.domednumbers.com/gallery2.htm

(Message edited by wakemikey on August 15, 2008)