Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-20-2008, 6:47 PM Reply   
Hi, i am looking to put a flag on the side of the tower of my malibu boat, you know a flag like Randall have on his boat its like a pirate one. I am looking for another flag style but i want to mount it there.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-20-2008, 7:33 PM Reply   
One option:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=13748&pdesc=Airhead_Watersports_Flag _Holder_For_Wakeboard_Towers&str=flag%20holder&mer chID=1008&r=view
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-20-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
I don't have any pictures of ours, but there is a bolt on the top of our tower that connects it together. I found the diameter and the thread pattern of the bolt. Welded a few things together and have a removable flag holder on the top of our tower that goes right into the bolt area. Also sporting the skull and cross bones flag. It rocks and looks really legit. I'm sure it just angers the haters even more on our lake! If I can get a picture I'll show you. Just use some ingenuity.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-20-2008, 11:04 PM Reply   
and whats your flag size ??
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-20-2008, 11:45 PM Reply   
its called your ABLE BODIED PERSON!!!
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-21-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
Jonny - some lakes the flag can't be held by someone, has to be mounted.

Wes i'd love to see some pics of your setup, the top of the tower mount sounds idea really, b/c it gives a 360 view of the flag.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       07-21-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
I bought a bimini clamp for 20 bucks, drilled to fit the diameter of the flag stick... It's functional and looks okay. You can put it anyplace on the tower.

JT
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
I wish I lived where my boat was at (four freakin hours away). I'll try to get my buds to take some pics soon.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-22-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
I just got a Newt Juice holder for when we're anchored and swimming. Got mine from the local dealer but Wakespace has them.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-22-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
check out onlyinboards.com
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-22-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
all thse sites offer flasg holders for aluminium tubes tower and i got a malibu with the illusion tower .... that my main problem ..
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-22-2008, 10:00 PM Reply   
There is a black stick on holder from Newt.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-23-2008, 6:51 AM Reply   
wake addict, i have the same issue. I was thinking Wes had a solution, but now that i look at his profile pic, he doesn't have the Illusion tower.

I need a way to attach a flag to the top of the Illusion tower. And it is not allowed to be via suction cup.

Was thinking about trying some zip-ties wrapped around the navigation light to hold a flag up, but not sure thats going to work, might need more support.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2008, 7:40 AM Reply   
Like Rich said..... what about this one?

http://www.wake-space.com/graphics/00000001/newt_sticky_flag_mount.jpg

Not a lot of bling, but seems like it would work.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-23-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
I made one. It took a couple years though.

Upload
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
bill it look good, but how to fix it ? i think i can find something that will fit at hode depot to pass in the second board rack holes that is unused what do you guys think, maybe 1 ring because my flag is not on a piece of wood. Randall can you come here and told us how you fit your flag on your boat please ? LOL
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-23-2008, 8:13 PM Reply   
check out D Bot 5. They have one and their clamp is universal.
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2008, 11:15 PM Reply   
All right. I'm not very familiar with the illusion x tower, just from what I've seen in pictures, but I do have a few ideas. If you take this concept from this watch / picture you could use the "face" of the watch as a surface to weld a holder onto. Of course this would have to be a custom sort of band that would wrap around the awkward shape of the illusion tower.

Upload

Next idea would be to use a plunger. I know you don't want a suction cup type of setup, but a plunger (painted black for looks) would suction on fairly tight to your tower. You could also reinforce it's connection by securing it with zip ties after the plunger has been suctioned down to the tower.

Just a few ideas I had at one in the morning.
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-04-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
Here are a couple pictures of our boat flying its' colors.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (weswheels)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-04-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
I found the correct thread size for this then fabbed up a holder for the flag at work. Very secure and everyone across the lake can see it.

Upload

We get lots of looks and "Aarrghs!"
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-05-2008, 8:07 AM Reply   
hahahaha i got the same flag i just cant get it mounted on my illusion tower DAMN
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
Here's another place for holders. I got a holder/flag combo for a Titan tower a few years back. Nice product and worked well.
http://www.hotperformanceproducts.com/cart/show_items.asp?MainCatID=15
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-11-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
I fly the American flag off the bimini frame

I attached two clamps(2x) together
one set mounts to the bimini frame and the other set holds the flag pole (a piece of bimini frame alum)

works great, but the flag flies at an angle

even holds going down the highway

Upload
Upload