Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-10-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
Noticed this last week while on vacation. Drained the sacs to cruise down the lake to grab some lunch. Probably a 25-30 minute ride each way. Speeds averaged between 26-30 mph. When I got back, sacs were completely full and these are the upgraded sacs. Extra 2500lbs on board burning fuel. Called the dealer service guy and he said to make sure the distribution valves were in the on position-which they were and to pull the tops off of them to check for trash to make sure they were closing all the way. Disassembled all valves and they looked fine. Anyone had this happen to them? Also when putting the switches in the fill position, after the rear sacks are full and the switches are turned off but the starboard side drain port shoots out water when the front center sac is still filling. Weird. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-10-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure that the valves should by default be in the off position (meaning that they are off unless electrically told to open via the ballast switches). I believe the on position means the valves are ALWAYS open and therefore any driving around will scoop up the water and fill the bags without the need for pumps. I had this problem once and the switch was just in the wrong position (must have been bumped when I was messing around down there).
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-10-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
they are small swithces on the ballast head. mine did the same thing. They are little 90 degree on off valve swithces.
Old    pdxWAKE            08-10-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
yeah you will see the three little black levers right on the manifold under your rear seat. just like dave and chris said... easy fix and you should be good to go..
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-10-2008, 3:43 PM Reply   
3 for the off position. Thanks dudes. Guess I heard the service manager wrong. We messed around back there one day when the I got it back from Skiers Choice and the sacs wouldn't fill. I'll switch them to the off position. Thanks for the help.