Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-31-2017, 1:44 PM Reply   
Has anybody done this lately? I've got a Bare drysuit in my closet that has maybe been used twice, but it's been hanging there so long that the seals are all dried and torn. Now that my son is big enough to use it, I figured I should get it repaired if it's not too pricey. Any recommendations?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-31-2017, 2:32 PM Reply   
See if Bare takes them back directly? I have an OS Systems drysuit and that's who I sent mine back too for repair. I'm sure they could do anybody's as well. If the neck is gone consider replacing with neoprene instead of rubber.
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-31-2017, 5:50 PM Reply   
I'd send it to Bare if you plan on using it long term. If not, then buy a seal replacement and do them on your own. Bare will have thicker, higher quality seals and they will leak test, but its costly. The diy seals aren't as durable and seam to breakdown much quicker even with maintenance but if your only planning to use it a couple years this might be worthwhile for you.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-01-2017, 7:03 AM Reply   
I just had this problem with an oneil drysuit. I bought it just before I moved back to Houston so I never used it and the seals rotted, but the suit is still brand new. My girlfriend decided she wanted to start riding in the winter this year. We sent it to a dive shop and it set us back $275. But the seals are actually thicker and tougher than the original and to replace whole suit was about $450.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-01-2017, 8:10 AM Reply   
Lake Elmo Sports has dry suits and repairs them. Charles Gay is super customer oriented and great to deal with
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-01-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
Damn, at $275 I might have to look into doing it myself.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-01-2017, 11:19 AM Reply   
Ya, it's not cheap Dave.

Here's the OS pricing not including shipping or labor.

Neck Seal - Latex DLS-1
$35.00

Neck Seal - Neoprene - prepped - (lay flat style - surface only) DLSN-1
$60.00

Wrist Seals (pr. neoprene) - prepped (lay flat style - surface only) DLSN-2
$60.00

Sock Seals (pr.-Latex) - 15" opening at top DLS-315
$35.00

Sock Seals (pr.-Latex) - 16" opening at top DLS-316
$35.00

Ankle Seals (pr.-Latex) DLS-4
$34.00

POLAR Boots (pr.) - trimmed and prepped DLS-7
$140.00

Dry Hood (to be glued to drysuit) - Latex (M, L, XL) DLS-8
$63.00

Drysuit Hood Liner - Double layer 4-way stretch fleece (XS/S, M/L, XL/XXL) DU-DHL
$56.00

Drysuit glue - 4 oz. Tube PB-300
$25.00

Drysuit Glue - Quart Can PB-300Q
$67.00

Repair Molds (1 wrist/1 ankle - stainless steel) DRM
$88.00

Repair Neck Plate DNP
$20.00

Suspenders SUS
$70.00

Zipease - Beeswax stick lubricant for brass zippers ZP-EA
$4.25

UV TECH - Latex rubber protectant (4 oz. pump spray) DUV
$9.00

Neck Ring DNR
$12.00
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-01-2017, 11:53 AM Reply   
How are people storing these outside of drysuit riding time?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-05-2017, 2:19 PM Reply   
Store a dry suit in the house...Not too hot not too cold out of the light either hung on a dry suit hanger or folded/rolled like it's packed when you buy it. Any old hanger may ruin the neck seal. You can get sprays like mcnett uv tech and treat the seals to extend their lifetime keep them supple longer. I can get 6 to 10 seasons out of a dry suit. Once the seals are toast usually the suit has leaks too... I do not usually fix them and just pop for the nice new "dry" dry suit. Just be careful getting in and out with seals... That's usually how they are damaged is fingers going through or tearing out the seal from its glue. Take your time getting in and out. Help anyone you let use it...Or they will tear them.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       02-06-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
I remember reading that O'Neill charging only $100 to replace all seals and send it back. Have the rates changed, or does O'Neill just charge alot less?