Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-20-2014, 10:23 PM Reply   
just wondering if anyone switches out props depending on the day or weekend? Theres some weekends where more riding takes place and others where the lake is too busy and more top end would be nice. wondering if anyone changes theirs out frequently- seems like everyone tries to find a good compromise but with it being fairly easy to swap props does anyone keep two around for different occasions?
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-21-2014, 5:27 AM Reply   
I do.. I have a acme 13.5 pitch if we have a lot of people or heavy ballast.. and I'll switch to OJ 16 pitch if we're cruising or have a lighter ballast load.. The splined prop shafts make it easy to change out than the tapered shafts... I can swap out the prop in 15 minutes..
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2014, 5:28 AM Reply   
My dad is an old school barefooter so when he comes 4 the weekend and doesn't bring his boat I'll swap my 1235 for the stock prop.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-21-2014, 7:22 AM Reply   
I just got the acme 2315. I had a prop puller but cannot find it anywhere. I need to swap it out this week. I had read online one way to get it off is to loosen the nut but not all the way off, then back the boat in the water with the trailer straps still on. Run it in reverse for a few seconds, take it out and take the nut all the way off and the prop and key should come right off. This makes me VERY nervous. Any advise to this?
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-21-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
I wouldn't Chase... The way we get the stubborn ones off is load it with the puller as hard as you can without stripping the puller bolt.. then get a propane torch and heat the nebri prop at the root of each blade... rotating as you heat.. when it goes "pop" it'll get your attention like right now...
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-21-2014, 7:56 AM Reply   
I have a low pitch wheel I put on for boys days when all we are doing is riding. Normally though I run the taller OJ so I can outrun all the damn jetskies clogging up the river. I use a knocker for these little boats. A puller isnt really needed if the prop is lapped and fit correctly. In lieu of an actual knocker I sometimes use a big brass drift. Leave the nut on to protect the threads, set the drift up to the shaft end and give it one good smack with a BMFH. Pops right off every time.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-21-2014, 9:27 AM Reply   
I use the harmonic puller and it works great for me. I usually don't swap much as if we are on the water we are usually boarding no matter what.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-21-2014, 10:00 AM Reply   
Get this and be happy. Used it few times works great! I just switched from stock 645 (13.25 x 16.0) to 1433 (14 x 14.25). Did the change while standing in the water with no problems.

http://www.wakemakers.com/oj-prop-kn...er-puller.html

Last edited by scottb7; 04-21-2014 at 10:02 AM.