Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MoombaRiderJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-28-2010, 4:40 AM Reply   
just a little of my perspective...there is nothing greater than being out on the water in your boat, with your friends/family wakeboarding, wakesurfing, skiing...whatever you prefer. We as a society at times take things for granted (I have fallen prey to that ) many times. Simple w2w jump, landing a little off, taking a soft nose dive then getting flipped under the water and board ripped off your feet suddenly, noticing a major pop and feeling excrutiating pain in my lower abdomen...then being rushed to the emergency room

I've been around boats and done some type of watersports for over 24 years since i was 8 years old, never once needed a trip to the ER. Thank God it was only some torn abdominal wall muscles and thank God I exercise daily so the recovery has been much quicker. We all are so fortunate to be able to get out on a lake or river and go boating, especially wakeboarding which is one of the greatest thrills in my opinion surrounding watersports. That moment of mind numbing pain, uncertainty of how much damage has occurred within your apparently broken body, and the wondering thoughts that prevail...just puts things in perspective.

I will definitely be more thankful each time I can walk away from my boat after a weekend of wakeboarding and feel no pain and have no one else injured. Wakeboarding is an absolute pleasure, but more importantly it is a privilege to go out and do it....
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       07-28-2010, 4:58 AM Reply   
Very true
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-28-2010, 5:54 AM Reply   
So, so, true. I watched a show called "Breakthrough" last night that spoke volumes to me. We're all very fortunate for many many reasons. Be safe.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2010, 6:02 AM Reply   
MAKE A LIST OF ALL THE THINGS THAT ARE GOOD OR YOU LIKE IN YOUR LIFE.life is not that bad,just don't focus on the few minor inconveniences in life. IT'S ALL GOOD.jeremy i hope your recovery goes well.
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-28-2010, 6:44 AM Reply   
Deep Bro... any wakeboarder who has been on the water and tried to better themselves has had a WRECK TO REMEMBER... Mine was 2 broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder; but we are so fortunate to have the opportunity to do what we do!

What doesn't kill us only makes us STRONGER!!!

BE SAFE
Old    ScottRobinson            07-28-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
Amazing post man!

I think just as a whole we are all so lucky to be able to do what ever we want whenever we want. Being 35 with kids and seeing the smiles on their faces when they get to ride is just a joy in itself. I always tend to think of my grandfather and that generation after reading a post like yours. They allowed us to be able to do whatever it is we want in this amazing place. Be safe out there and take a second and look around at how free we are, and how beautiful things are around you. Cherish time with family as little ones grow up fast and sometimes friends are fleeting.

Take care and happy riding.