Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-21-2014, 9:31 AM Reply   
OK, This is on my 99 Centurion V drive, my other boat had a hydraulic wake plate, this one isnt and it dosent even have a hing attaching it to the boat, but yet it has two adjustments, I am not sure how this would work without some sort of hing??? anyone seen this set up before?

Thanks
Kenny
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
Ken, I had a calabria with a plate like that. I believe the plate just flexed enough to do a little. It obviously isn't as drastic as a trim tab.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-21-2014, 11:09 AM Reply   
Thats what I thought, just didnt understand how this would even work without hinges and too much adjustment or not enough seems it would pull the screws out
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-21-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
you should cut it off and throw a trim tab on it. Fisheries supply up in Seattle carries Bennet and lenco I believe. Might be able to buy a single one with actuator and switch for $250-500.

Ken, when did you get the Elite V? Post a pic.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-21-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
The outside edge only has to move 1/4" to make a difference in how the boat lifts out of the water. You can replace it with a hydraulic tab, or remove it completely and fill the holes in the hull if you want the stern lower
The biggest reason why it has adjustable braces is that it makes the installation much easier at the factory. If the holes or hull don't line up correctly they can fix it with the turnbuckles quickly.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-21-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
I have the same thing on my calabria. It doesnt do much but youll know if you have it adjusted too far up( it will propoise like crazy at speeds above 28 or so).
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-21-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
Brett
yeah i might later on, when im done with it I will post one, It didnt come with a tower, it was a virgin type of boat, which was nice, ordered the factory tower couple weeks ago, finishing up on the stereo system/dual battery set up, It feels naked on the water without a tower..lol email me I will send what i have now

Last edited by kenteck; 04-21-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: name
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-21-2014, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyart View Post
The biggest reason why it has adjustable braces is that it makes the installation much easier at the factory. If the holes or hull don't line up correctly they can fix it with the turnbuckles quickly.
Thanks for that info