Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       08-21-2013, 7:29 AM Reply   
My wife and I are interested in buying a "new to us" SAN 210. Most likely from 2000-2006. We live in a small lake community in edwardsville Illinois, near St. Louis Mo. Was wondering if anyone here lived close, that we could come check it out in or out of the water? May be an odd question, but there is not a Nautique dealer close. Any information or advice would be great. thanks

Jimmy
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-21-2013, 9:47 AM Reply   
We just bought an 02 SAN after looking for over a year. I searched onlyinboards, board trader, planet nautique, correct craft fan, craigslist nationwide searchs, & ebay most of the time & a few others everynow & then (boatsville, iboats, etc...) We tried to search close to home, but ended up having to drive 10hours to look at one.

best of luck....
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-21-2013, 9:49 AM Reply   
BTW, you might want to include 94-99 Super sports too.... same hull & most people have added towers & ballast.... oh yeah, ww.com & wb.com classifieds too...
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       08-21-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
thanks for the info. I think that is what we will most likely do. Are you happy with the purchase?
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-21-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
If a 2000-2006 were my options and all were comparable, I would go with an 2003.
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       08-21-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
what makes the 2003 the standout?
Old     (05sante)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-21-2013, 10:33 AM Reply   
It was the last year of the colored deck and first year of the Excalibur I believe.

I would go for the newest one/best condition you can find. And maybe avoid 2004, that was the year of the swoop tower that a lot of people don't like.
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       08-21-2013, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sante View Post
It was the last year of the colored deck and first year of the Excalibur I believe.

I would go for the newest one/best condition you can find. And maybe avoid 2004, that was the year of the swoop tower that a lot of people don't like.
thanks for the advice
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-21-2013, 11:10 AM Reply   
2003 was the first year with the upgraded gauges that were a huge improvement as the older gauges commonly failed. 2006 was the first year that they used an engine that runs in the more typical left hand rotation which I hear is better for non goofy surfing and easier to find replacement props and starters in stock. You'll also see a sizable price jump between 2005 and 2006. The 2001 model YEAR seems to be the most commonly over priced year. There are a ton of 2001 SAN's that have been for sale at 25K since last winter. All of these boats are pretty hard to find unless you live in Dallas where Buxton Marine sells a ton of them. I had to drive quite a ways to get mine in Oklahoma City. If you haul it back a long distance from somewhere, make sure it has a dual axle trailer and a spare tire.

The only non aesthetic complaint I've seen about a typical SAN 210 is the pre 2003 gauges and the wake's sensitivity to side to side weight in the boat. Other than my wife's limited ability to manage where my kids and their friends are sitting to get the best wake while I'm getting a set, I don't have any complaints about my boat. I no longer get that jealous drool when I see someone's new 100K boat the way I did with my old Tige. I see myself being satisfied with my 2005 SANTE for many years.
Old     (Wil)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-21-2013, 11:17 AM Reply   
2002 first year of PCM Excalibur.last year of triple stitched upholstery.
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       08-21-2013, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
2003 was the first year with the upgraded gauges that were a huge improvement as the older gauges commonly failed. 2006 was the first year that they used an engine that runs in the more typical left hand rotation which I hear is better for non goofy surfing and easier to find replacement props and starters in stock. You'll also see a sizable price jump between 2005 and 2006. The 2001 model YEAR seems to be the most commonly over priced year. There are a ton of 2001 SAN's that have been for sale at 25K since last winter. All of these boats are pretty hard to find unless you live in Dallas where Buxton Marine sells a ton of them. I had to drive quite a ways to get mine in Oklahoma City. If you haul it back a long distance from somewhere, make sure it has a dual axle trailer and a spare tire.

The only non aesthetic complaint I've seen about a typical SAN 210 is the pre 2003 gauges and the wake's sensitivity to side to side weight in the boat. Other than my wife's limited ability to manage where my kids and their friends are sitting to get the best wake while I'm getting a set, I don't have any complaints about my boat. I no longer get that jealous drool when I see someone's new 100K boat the way I did with my old Tige. I see myself being satisfied with my 2005 SANTE for many years.
I have been researching / looking very hard at these. Just trying to be patient and pick the right one to go after. I do appreciate your input! I check the buxton marine website often and I have contacted them to keep me in mind when one comes in.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-21-2013, 11:49 AM Reply   
http://lawrence.craigslist.org/bod/3961054457.html

Also, I know that Bull Shoals Boat Dock sells Nautiques ... but is not a listed dealer. Is his name Steve Eastwold? He's a good guy to deal with.
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       08-21-2013, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
http://lawrence.craigslist.org/bod/3961054457.html

Also, I know that Bull Shoals Boat Dock sells Nautiques ... but is not a listed dealer. Is his name Steve Eastwold? He's a good guy to deal with.
Thanks for the link
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-21-2013, 4:22 PM Reply   
Excellent write up by Dragon88 from the other site....

In 1995 Correct Craft released the Super Sport Nautique. It was a 21' V-drive family cruiser.

In 1999 Correct Craft released the "Super Air Nautique" using the same hull. It has rear flat ballast tanks (LCS) as well as a the first generation flight control tower. (FCT)

In 2000 Correct Craft released their new dash layout "Smart pod" with digital Teleflex gauges, that are extremely prone to burning out along with the second generation FCT. This was also the first year for colored decks. 2000 was also the 75th anniversary of the CC brand. Boats received a diamond sticker on the windshield that noted this. New reverse "N" gelcoat scheme, but the "classic" graphic/3 stripe was still an option.

2001- Correct Craft at some point does away with true wrap around seating for the "stadium seating." It is also the first year of the 3 piece rear hatch.

In 2002 The deck was redesigned to make more room, the sloped transom of the 01 and previous SS now had a more squared off look it. The boat received a new interior vinyl pattern, which disappeared in 2003. This is also the last year that the PCM GT-40 was offered. 2002 also marked the first of the "Team" edition boats, this package included Kicker audio speakers, wedge tanks, and an optional center ballast. 2002 Also brought a new gelcoat pattern. The buyer could now choose: deck, hull, primary, secondary, and third stripe colors.

In 2003, the SAN saw another dash and interior, these two elements would stay with the boat for the rest of it's run. The Super Air Nautique was also renamed the "210" a name which was reverted mid season back to "Super Air 210" due to consumer outcry. 2003 is widely regarded as a favorite year due to the fact that it contains the best of the new model (04-05) boats + a colored deck (2003 was the final year of production for this.) the actuated trunk covers. 2003 was also the final year of the Python 502 motor in the Super Air and the first year that the PCM Excalibur 330 became standard. This year the CD player was also re-located to the glovebox.

2004- brought us the 3rd generation of the FCT, this was the first year since 2000 that one could no longer order a colored deck. The 2004 boats also saw a new latching system on the back hatches to replace the actuated doors. These are referred to as the "knee busters." 2004 also did away with the 3rd stripe. The SAN from this point on only had Hull, Primary, and Secondary color options.

2005- Correct Craft reverts to the second generation FCT tower. The team edition boats are now outfitted with Polk Momo, and for the first time boats come from the factory with exposed speaker grills. In either 2004 or 2005 (or somewhere in-between those years.) CC added more reinforcement to the bow to make the boat less likely to porpoise.

2006- Correct Craft once again names the 210 the "210 Air" The '06 brought many changes, the most drastic being the new PCM- V-drive transfer case. This new V-drive replaced the Walters unit. The PCM V-drive was smaller, but also changed the prop rotation to a clockwise(right hand rotation.) Along with those changes the problematic "Helm control" system was replaced all together, they used Jabsco ballast puppies (auto reversible pumps.) so there is one pump per tank. The new ballast system drains the water under the hull and as a result the ballast overflow/and drain ports on the hull were eliminated. 2006 also brought a new fourth generation flight control tower. Which seemed to be a modified version of the new SAN220 tower. due to the differences in beam width, the new FCT4 for the SAN has additional bracing. They also elongated the windshield...

In 2007 CC killed off the SAN that we all loved and had loved for over a decade.

To answer your question, the hull has not changed from 1995 when the first Super Sport Nautique rolled off the floor. There were only changes to the deck, and various other trim and mechanical changes. Still one of my favorite hulls. My list of changes is not exactly comprehensive but to my knowledge it is fairly close.
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       08-22-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Excellent write up by Dragon88 from the other site....

In 1995 Correct Craft released the Super Sport Nautique. It was a 21' V-drive family cruiser.

In 1999 Correct Craft released the "Super Air Nautique" using the same hull. It has rear flat ballast tanks (LCS) as well as a the first generation flight control tower. (FCT)

In 2000 Correct Craft released their new dash layout "Smart pod" with digital Teleflex gauges, that are extremely prone to burning out along with the second generation FCT. This was also the first year for colored decks. 2000 was also the 75th anniversary of the CC brand. Boats received a diamond sticker on the windshield that noted this. New reverse "N" gelcoat scheme, but the "classic" graphic/3 stripe was still an option.

2001- Correct Craft at some point does away with true wrap around seating for the "stadium seating." It is also the first year of the 3 piece rear hatch.

In 2002 The deck was redesigned to make more room, the sloped transom of the 01 and previous SS now had a more squared off look it. The boat received a new interior vinyl pattern, which disappeared in 2003. This is also the last year that the PCM GT-40 was offered. 2002 also marked the first of the "Team" edition boats, this package included Kicker audio speakers, wedge tanks, and an optional center ballast. 2002 Also brought a new gelcoat pattern. The buyer could now choose: deck, hull, primary, secondary, and third stripe colors.

In 2003, the SAN saw another dash and interior, these two elements would stay with the boat for the rest of it's run. The Super Air Nautique was also renamed the "210" a name which was reverted mid season back to "Super Air 210" due to consumer outcry. 2003 is widely regarded as a favorite year due to the fact that it contains the best of the new model (04-05) boats + a colored deck (2003 was the final year of production for this.) the actuated trunk covers. 2003 was also the final year of the Python 502 motor in the Super Air and the first year that the PCM Excalibur 330 became standard. This year the CD player was also re-located to the glovebox.

2004- brought us the 3rd generation of the FCT, this was the first year since 2000 that one could no longer order a colored deck. The 2004 boats also saw a new latching system on the back hatches to replace the actuated doors. These are referred to as the "knee busters." 2004 also did away with the 3rd stripe. The SAN from this point on only had Hull, Primary, and Secondary color options.

2005- Correct Craft reverts to the second generation FCT tower. The team edition boats are now outfitted with Polk Momo, and for the first time boats come from the factory with exposed speaker grills. In either 2004 or 2005 (or somewhere in-between those years.) CC added more reinforcement to the bow to make the boat less likely to porpoise.

2006- Correct Craft once again names the 210 the "210 Air" The '06 brought many changes, the most drastic being the new PCM- V-drive transfer case. This new V-drive replaced the Walters unit. The PCM V-drive was smaller, but also changed the prop rotation to a clockwise(right hand rotation.) Along with those changes the problematic "Helm control" system was replaced all together, they used Jabsco ballast puppies (auto reversible pumps.) so there is one pump per tank. The new ballast system drains the water under the hull and as a result the ballast overflow/and drain ports on the hull were eliminated. 2006 also brought a new fourth generation flight control tower. Which seemed to be a modified version of the new SAN220 tower. due to the differences in beam width, the new FCT4 for the SAN has additional bracing. They also elongated the windshield...

In 2007 CC killed off the SAN that we all loved and had loved for over a decade.

To answer your question, the hull has not changed from 1995 when the first Super Sport Nautique rolled off the floor. There were only changes to the deck, and various other trim and mechanical changes. Still one of my favorite hulls. My list of changes is not exactly comprehensive but to my knowledge it is fairly close.
Hey thanks for the information! Very useful
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-22-2013, 7:40 AM Reply   
Was the colored deck a rare option? I've looked at a lot of these boats in a lot of craigs ads and even went though the for sale section of planet nautique again and I haven't seen any 2003 or older SANs with a deck color other than white. I guess I'm curious as to what it looks like more than anything.
Old     (jbach)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-22-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
like someone mentioned, don't rule out the 95-99 SS. Same hull as the SAN, and you'll want to re-plumb/start from scratch on ballast upgrades anyways.

'99 was a good year for the SAN due to not having the teleflex guages which have mostly been replaced and will not show correct hours on the boat. it did have a crappy tower, some have been replaced. it does not have the N swoop gelcoat which i think is kind of atrocious.

'03 got a thinner gunwales and dropped the floor making it feel a little roomier inside.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-22-2013, 11:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbach View Post

'03 got a thinner gunwales and dropped the floor making it feel a little roomier inside.
That happened in '02
Old     (QuickVR4)      Join Date: May 2012       08-22-2013, 12:09 PM Reply   
A friend of mines old 03 210 with colored deck.