Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MichaelPerez)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-10-2014, 4:21 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a new board for only cable and have been looking into a slingshot. Are there anythings you guys prefer on slingshots over other boards or something that they lack on? I'm between the whip, shredtown, windsor, and the terrain.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-12-2014, 6:56 AM Reply   
if it were me for a park only board it would probably be the terrain. That board looks like it has so much flex in it! looks like a blast for park. Shredtown is a proven board that you know can take a beating, can't really go wrong with any of them though.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-12-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
Jobe Conflict. Does everything well. The perfect park board.
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-12-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
Terrain is the newest board that is intended for all park riding. Looks to be a TON of flex and really loose on the water.

Shredtown is going to be stiffer than the Terrain but more flex than the other two. Can still have fun behind the boat with some pop regular riding.

The Windsor has a subtle 3 stage rocker so might feel a little slower than the others while just riding across the water. Has some relief cuts in the nose/tail but it is still a relatively smooth base. The subtle 3 stage will give you more pop than the others if you do want to ride it behind the boat as well.

The Whip will have a similar flex to the Windsor but be a little stiffer in the nose/tail due to the relieve cuts and molded fins. Continuos rocker though so it will feel quicker on the water like the shredtown and Terrain.

If you are planning on use this as a park only board I would look more towards the Terrain and Shredtown and let you deciding factor be the amount of flex you want. Both boards are built with the same bombproof construction/slider base, have close rocker lines and out line shapes.

Terrain will save you some money as well.

Last edited by scuba_steve; 07-12-2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: wording
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-13-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
I don't get the correlation of super flexy being the best for a cable board. It will be best for jibbing and get you doing that nose press every lap down, but there's also kickers and air tricks to do at a cable park, which a super flexy board aren't the greatest for. I like my Whip, but they should all be considered for the park, and I wouldn't go with the flexiest
Old     (MichaelPerez)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-14-2014, 9:20 PM Reply   
The terrain looks super flexy but I'm worried about air tricks and even ollies being that flexy. Also worried about the shredtown's grip for air tricks which is why I'm between whip and windsor. A-dub how do you like the whip, how is the flex, and ollies on it.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       07-15-2014, 8:47 AM Reply   
I ride a shredtown at the park and the thing feels bomb proof, can take all the beatings from rails and kickers, but still looks and feels brand new. Not the case for the ronix phoenix I had before. But I can vouch for it on air tricks as well, I'd say you can always throw the fins on it, but if you need the fins (or channels, like with a whip) you're doing them wrong...

That being said the only other slingshot i've ridden is the hooke, for my boat board. I think it turned into the lyman? but good choice to go with slingshot, great company, awesome boards, and the made in the USA factor is a nice touch