Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (randyr12)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-09-2013, 1:30 PM Reply   
Check it out. This just ruined my whole weekend!! This means no boat line!!!!!
http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2013...worth-contest/
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       05-09-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
ya that pretty much ruins the fun there! doesnt make sense why they moved it to a private lake when allatoona is as big as it is, seems like there is plenty of other spots there........
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-09-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
When they didnt choose knoxville as a stop then i lost interest. Malibu, axis, and mastercraft are made local here with a huge fanbase. Sorry they lost interest from a few of the locals that showed up 100 boats strong and a couple of thousand people on land.
Old     (randyr12)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-10-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
Yea, I cant believe they are not going back to Knoxville. I would love to know why!
Old     (BuyWake_Rhett)      Join Date: May 2013       05-10-2013, 11:19 AM Reply   
Yeah, the beach at Dallas Landing Park (the former venue) is underwater. Bummer. They're letting water out of the dam at full speed but the Allatoona River basin is so big, it's not doing much.

The new venue is a rad spot, but yeah....no boat line :/ The good side of it is that the water will be glass all day though. The quality of riding will be through the roof. I'm willing to bet we see w2w doubles from more than one person. Stoked.

*Let me know if you need tickets.

Last edited by BuyWake_Rhett; 05-10-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       05-13-2013, 8:13 AM Reply   
I was just out on the 'toona yesterday and it's higher than I've ever seen it. 8 feet above full pool i read somewhere. A lot of the shoreline is under water.
Old     (melton1wake)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-24-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
The Pro Tour will not be back in Knoxville this year for a few reasons. The largest reason is that the city of Knoxville makes it incredibly hard for vendors and promoters to get the proper permits and things to hold and event like the Pro Tour. Knoxville is notorious for high entertainment taxes and just being difficult to work with to hold events. That is why we don't get some of the major concerts and cool events that would happen otherwise. The city is also very deep in the reconstruction of Henley Street bridge and that is at the end of the wake course so there are some issues about scheduling and safety. I spoke with someone who helps organize the event and they said the vendors where very unhappy with the city and did not want to return to a Knoxville hosted stop. It's much harder to put on an event if you can't get support from the industry due to location.