Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       03-06-2014, 6:56 AM Reply   
Have never had the chance to ride behind a CC 220. From some of the threads I have found and others comments, people seem to say that the 220 is very sensitive to weight, side to side. It has to be perfect ballance to have to wake wash. How to the handle extra weight? I know its a discontinued model, but We may be considering it. Would you go With a 210 over the 220? Same era of course..2007-2008.

Thanks for the tips

Jimmy
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-06-2014, 7:35 AM Reply   
A lot of boats are sensative and yes some more than others, but that is why there should be more emphasis on properly weighting a boat evenly. My 210 is sensative, but after playing with it for awhile I have the boat exactly how I want it and clean on both sides. If you plan on having a full crew and not one of them understands the concept of sitting in the right areas while somebody is riding and they want to be all over the boat, then it doesn't matter what boat you buy, one side will be clean and one will be washy. Proper weighting is crucial when it comes to any inboard boat. Test drive it, weight it, and see for yourself would be the best advice anyone can give considering you are already interested in the boat.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-06-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
^^^ditto
We had a 220 and loved it. I don't think a 210 will be much different in side to side sensitivity. The 220 puts out a killer wake with just stock. Add some weight and it gets huge.
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       03-06-2014, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
A lot of boats are sensative and yes some more than others, but that is why there should be more emphasis on properly weighting a boat evenly. My 210 is sensative, but after playing with it for awhile I have the boat exactly how I want it and clean on both sides. If you plan on having a full crew and not one of them understands the concept of sitting in the right areas while somebody is riding and they want to be all over the boat, then it doesn't matter what boat you buy, one side will be clean and one will be washy. Proper weighting is crucial when it comes to any inboard boat. Test drive it, weight it, and see for yourself would be the best advice anyone can give considering you are already interested in the boat.
have had some pulss behind a 210, and loved it. Was just curious about the 220. We used to own a 2009 xstar, but sold it last year. Have always been a fan of CC. Thanks for your reply!
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       03-06-2014, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerwakestl View Post
have had some pulss behind a 210, and loved it. Was just curious about the 220. We used to own a 2009 xstar, but sold it last year. Have always been a fan of CC. Thanks for your reply!
Thanks for the reply!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-06-2014, 10:28 AM Reply   
In my experience it's ok with stock ballast but very sensitive when running more than stock and you have to run quite fast to keep it stable. 210 is a much better boat imo.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-06-2014, 11:00 AM Reply   
Absolutely welcome and happy to help. Honestly Jimmy go take it for a drive and have some fun. You'll know by looking at the wake if it's clean enough or has the potential for your liking and like beleza said they're not much different than a 210 in regards to side to side sensativity. Engine will also factor in to how the boat runs fully weighted or with additional weight so if you have the ZR6 in it that's a plus, but still a great boat even with the stock 343. If you read opinions online you'll find some people hated the interior lay out and others loved it. At the end of the day it's what fits your needs and what works best for you and there's just no way of knowing that until you get in it and drive it. If you will be using the boat for specific purposes, try and do these things on the demo so that you get the most accurate feel for the boat.
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-06-2014, 11:50 AM Reply   
Have ridden this boat a lot with both std ballast and bags and have found that they produce a very clean wake for not much weight. The hull is a wee bit narrow in the beam so the wake is narrower and it is a bit more sensitive than some boats due to the freeboard (check out how far down that engine sits in the back!) Personally I liked its wake. All we did was carry a 20ltr petrol container in the cockpit that we could move around to balance the wake when there were 2 of us in the boat but once you put more people in it doesn't really make any difference. Speed wise its not what I would call a fast boat as I used to ride behind it 2mph slower than the MasterCraft 205v hull but all things considered if you can find a new gen 210 hull and want wake boarding wakes go with that but value for money the 220 is a good deal. BTW this hull is good for surfing and is often overlooked as a surf boat
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-08-2014, 7:12 AM Reply   
i bought one at the end of last season and we have been having trouble getting it dialed in. that being said were also very picky and like to run a good amount of weight at slower speeds(3-4k lbs @21-22mph), if you dont mind riding at 23.5 or faster then its not a big deal but at the slower speeds with ballast its very sensitive and does wash a bit, ill update you if and when i figure out a good set up if your interested. like someone else said weve just been moving small weight around inside to fix the wash and even the wake out, its just more work than were used to! surf wake is one of the best ive ever seen
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       03-08-2014, 8:03 AM Reply   
^^ Ok this is where the problem is and please don't take this personally. This is where I feel some people don't understand proper weighting. Anytime you add more weight to a boat, especially thousands of pounds, you HAVE TO PICK UP THE SPEED. You cannot like to ride at 21mph and then throw 3k of ballast in the boat and still expect to ride at 21mph. You're wake will be terrible and washed out exactly like you are describing. This post is not to be disrespectful in anyway, but you either need to take weight out and stay at 21mph or with the added weight you need to be easily at 23+mph. If you're skill level is not to the point to where you're comfortable riding 23mph then you don't need 3k of ballast in your boat PERIOD. Again, no disrespect intended AT ALL. Not saying your skill level is poor either in any way. But from the facts provided you do not have the proper speed for that amount of ballast and that is effecting your wake and fun behind the boat.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-08-2014, 8:44 AM Reply   
23mph seems to be the number when moderately weighted boats really clean up the wakes. Even other make/model boats known for super clean wakes at slow speeds suffer from wash when you start adding 2000+lbs and don't increase speed. You add weight, you have increase some mph.
Old     (fizzz)      Join Date: Nov 2010       03-08-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
No disrespect taken Dave, I may not have worded my post very well

I understand some boats can't handle that kind of weight at the slower speeds, and some can. What I was trying to explain is that the 220 is one that can't so don't buy one if you want a massive clean wake at slower speeds.

I used to ride at 24.5 and found I prefer about 22 even, I just prefer crashes at slower speeds
Old     (jammerwakestl)      Join Date: May 2007       03-09-2014, 7:04 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply. Actually put a deposit on an 08 210 team yesterday. Could not pass it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-09-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
Great choice imo