Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-14-2015, 8:35 AM Reply   
Kody - just a thought but that's a dealer promo site...post it up like that here and everyone and their mother will be early leaking product and they'll shut it down.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-14-2015, 8:38 AM Reply   
Surf Expo was last weekend. You could see this brochure at any of you local shops. It is no real issue unless there was pricing in the link (I didn't follow it).
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       09-14-2015, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwade17 View Post
Wow their gear for 2016 looks great, I'm really impressed and can't wait to try some in person. Thanks for posting that up!
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       09-14-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwade17 View Post
thanks man!
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-14-2015, 8:51 PM Reply   
The shot of the parks boots with the dry ice was sick
Old    MrDearybury            09-17-2015, 5:51 AM Reply   
his new board is the vagabond, but here is the 2016 lineups for byerly and hyperlite. I can hook you up with anything in the Ho ski, byerly hyperlite lineup.
Attached Images

Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       09-17-2015, 6:24 AM Reply   
for sure!!
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-17-2015, 8:29 PM Reply   
Byerly missed the neon fad by a couple years, huh?
Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-20-2015, 7:08 AM Reply   
Now that the Slingshot website is live, I checked out the msrp. And the baseline boards (recoil, reflex, response, nomad, terrain, pearl) are all about $30 more expensive. Not too big of a deal, again probably trying to cover r&d costs. But what's interesting is that the Shredtown board is the same price as those boards too, which is a drop of $100 straight up, which is pretty nice. Looks like they did more changes in pricing. All the boards with no bottom features/channels are the same price at $449, and then all the boards with bottom features/channels (Windsor, oli, whip, pill) are at $549. That means that the pill, Windsor, and oli all went up $50. Makes the pricing actually more consistent which is nice. Also, no more Choice which is strange. Maybe it didn't sell that well? Also, glad they put the Evershred base back on the Recoil. Reflex might be my favorite graphic this year.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-20-2015, 10:38 AM Reply   
Kevin,
Yeah I thought that was strange too no Choice this year. Wonder what board House will be riding. It is cool they seem to be taking customer input. I emailed last year when the 2015 line came out and asked if they would make the Choice in a 145. I'm a Response rider and typically way more boat than cable so I wanted to try the supposed, lighter, flexier board. While they didn't follow through on that request, people must have been asking for bigger boards across the line cause a lot of the shapes now have a bigger size. Sooo stoked to try the Response 147.

Wonder what dealer pricing will be now that MSRP has gone up? The big stores (Buywake, evo, ect...) used to sell $419 MSRP boards at $369.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-20-2015, 11:28 AM Reply   
anyone else think the Nomad took the Choice's place?
Old     (kevSML)      Join Date: Jun 2014       09-20-2015, 2:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyost View Post
Kevin,
Yeah I thought that was strange too no Choice this year. Wonder what board House will be riding. It is cool they seem to be taking customer input. I emailed last year when the 2015 line came out and asked if they would make the Choice in a 145. I'm a Response rider and typically way more boat than cable so I wanted to try the supposed, lighter, flexier board. While they didn't follow through on that request, people must have been asking for bigger boards across the line cause a lot of the shapes now have a bigger size. Sooo stoked to try the Response 147.

Wonder what dealer pricing will be now that MSRP has gone up? The big stores (Buywake, evo, ect...) used to sell $419 MSRP boards at $369.

Yea I'm really glad they made some bigger sizes, especially for the Oli and Windsor. Those look like cool boards but it was a shame they used to be maxed out at 140 and 141. At over 200 lbs, those two boards in those sizes would be a little too small for me. Looks like they probably heard that from customers, as you were saying.

Also, looks like House might be riding the Recoil for the most part for next season. At least, I saw a poster board from the Expo of him with a Recoil in hand. But I'm sure he will switch off from the Recoil and Response, I believe that's what he used to do before he got the Choice.
Old     (Spratt25)      Join Date: Sep 2015       10-01-2015, 2:23 PM Reply   
just picked up my new ride for the rest of the year and 2016
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-08-2015, 1:01 PM Reply   
Changed things up a bit this year with the new stick. Went with the 2015 RONIX One Timebomb and 2015 RONIX One boots.
Name:  Timebomb.jpg
Views: 3458
Size:  69.1 KB
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-08-2015, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevSML View Post
Yea I'm really glad they made some bigger sizes, especially for the Oli and Windsor. Those look like cool boards but it was a shame they used to be maxed out at 140 and 141. At over 200 lbs, those two boards in those sizes would be a little too small for me. Looks like they probably heard that from customers, as you were saying.

Also, looks like House might be riding the Recoil for the most part for next season. At least, I saw a poster board from the Expo of him with a Recoil in hand. But I'm sure he will switch off from the Recoil and Response, I believe that's what he used to do before he got the Choice.
I was really hoping they'd offer the Blue Pill in a larger size. Oh well... maybe next year. Think I'll give the new Murray board a go for '16.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-10-2015, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Changed things up a bit this year with the new stick. Went with the 2015 RONIX One Timebomb and 2015 RONIX One boots.
Attachment 39943
nice setup man! i just ordered a Kinetik with Kinetik boots, pretty stoked
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-12-2015, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Attachment 39943
What'd you think of the '15 One timebomb? And what board were you coming from? I used to ride a One years ago, bought a '14 One Timebomb and a '14 Parks ATR and just simply liked the Parks better, although I think that had to do with the size of the board (The ONE was a size smaller than the Parks so I think I'm sold on larger boards). Thinking of maybe going back to the One just in a larger board to give it a go. Can get pretty good deals on the '15 line right now too
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-13-2015, 5:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beg4wake View Post
What'd you think of the '15 One timebomb? And what board were you coming from? I used to ride a One years ago, bought a '14 One Timebomb and a '14 Parks ATR and just simply liked the Parks better, although I think that had to do with the size of the board (The ONE was a size smaller than the Parks so I think I'm sold on larger boards). Thinking of maybe going back to the One just in a larger board to give it a go. Can get pretty good deals on the '15 line right now too
Curious about this as well. My Kinetik wont be in for a couple of weeks, so I ordered a ONE ATR S to ride for my trip to BSR. Have never been on a ONE board, but I figured it was a good choice since I will be taking a few boat sets while I am there as well.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-13-2015, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have yet to take a flat water set on the Timebomb. I'm coming off the Byerly AR1 so I'm expecting a whole different ride. Hope to post up soon about it once I get to really break it in.
I hear ya on deals for 2015 boards, www.ronixwakestore.com has most of theirs discounted and accepted my discount code DFTR2015 for even more off. Just about anywhere you look 2015 deals are posted though. I always wait till it's cold and riding is slim to none to get a new setup, DAMIT
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-19-2015, 6:57 AM Reply   
Friday I finally got a chance to really test out the Timebomb on flat water. 1st I noticed was the edge control of this board, it did feel like you could break the fins pretty easy and slide around. Once on edge it's an animal and tracks like it's on rails. For being a One board it's VERY fast on the water but seemed to ride slower then my AR1. The release off the wake took me a few hits and still didn't master it by the end of my set. I was riding a new wake also, sure that had a lot to play with it. TB is very light and air control wasn't a problem at all. I really enjoy a great twisted shifty and it was crazy easy to bring it back with time to spare. Don't second guess about getting or trying a set on this board, Ronix nailed this amazing ride.
Name:  IMG_6308.jpg
Views: 2473
Size:  168.9 KB
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-19-2015, 9:36 AM Reply   
I rode a 2012 Time bomb for a few years and loved it, and this year picked up the Ronix William to try out something new. After about 5 sets I really didn't like it and returned it (My local shop rocks BTW, Wizard Lake Marine) and picked up the new 2015 Time bomb instead(exact same as DFTR). Best board I've owned. I won't stray from the Ronix One again. LOVE the new Timebomb. There isn't a thing I'd change on it.

DFTR, what wake is that?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-19-2015, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
DFTR, what wake is that?
Deer Creek Res, Utah
http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/deer-creek/
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-19-2015, 10:49 AM Reply   
fail
Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-19-2015, 11:36 AM Reply   
Debating on getting the 2016 one or the 2016 byerly ar2. Coming off a 2013 byerly ar1 the Ronix one seems to be the way to go however the new shape of the ar2 seems pretty sweet. Any opinions?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-19-2015, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
fail
Holy crap! Talk about a big time FAIL! LMFAO
LW - That's a 2012 B52 23'
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-19-2015, 7:17 PM Reply   
Hahaha
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-24-2015, 12:44 PM Reply   
Not to thread drift, but has anyone been able to get in contact with accurate for handle/line warranty? If so, how? I haven't been able to get a response over the past 5 months.
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-25-2015, 7:55 AM Reply   
new setup for cable. Kinetik with Kinetik boots
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-25-2015, 10:44 AM Reply   
^^ like ^^
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-26-2015, 3:51 AM Reply   
@David (99Bison), was reading through this and thought I'd help. Where did you get your rope / handle. If you want to get the warranty resolved start with the shop where you got it. Warranty starts with the dealer where you purchased and they should be your advocate in getting it resolved. If your can't get this done, email us at sales@perfski.com with a photo of the problem / explanation of whats wrong and copy of your receipt and we can try to help. (sales@perfski.com) If you don't have a receipt....probably going to be a bit hard to do..but warranties...even in the busiest time of the year shouldn't take more than a couple weeks. Typically we can get a response in a day or two with photos / proof of sale etc. If your shop won't help you...you need to find another source for your gear...part of our job. Hope this helps. Bill @ Performance
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-27-2015, 10:16 AM Reply   
Thanks @perfski and accurate/hyperlite for getting this sorted out! Quick response and easy process. Even a follow up!