Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       09-01-2017, 3:51 PM Reply   
I tried my suck gate on my buddies Supra 242. Could not get suction cup to hang on due to mold lines. Anyone using device that works on this exact boat?

Last edited by Spotless; 09-01-2017 at 3:54 PM. Reason: define
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       09-02-2017, 8:17 PM Reply   
Check the post on the Supra site. With pics.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       09-05-2017, 9:17 AM Reply   
I use a suck gate on my 2009 24' Supra which is a similar hull. Our was falling off as well. Here is what I did to make it stick (works perfectly now).

1) I had a small part of the decal which had to be removed. Nobody will ever notice the part I removed. The suck gate must only be touching the hull. Even a small portion of a decal will make it fall off.
2) It often takes two of us to put it on. One person must push it onto the boat while the other clamps the suction cups. It takes all my might to clamp down the suction cup when we do it right. If you can easily press down on the suction cup levers when putting it on, you don't have good suction and it will fall off. You need a second person to really press the suck gate to the boat.
3) work one suction cup at a time. While one person pushes the front of the suck gate against the boat, the second person flip the lever. We have one person on the sun pad pressing the suck gate into the boat and a second person in the water to flip the lever. The person in the water must be holding the surf rope for leverage. If you are not holding a rope, pressing the suction cob lever will push the person in the water away from the boat and the lever will still be open. It takes LOADS of force to clamp those lever when the suck gate is properly stuck to the boat.
4) Make sure you are attaching the suck gate forward and not backward. The suck gate only works in one direction.
5) I find the suck gate should be under water when attaching it. If any part of a suction cup is above the water line, I can't always get a good seal.

Following those "rules", I can get our suckgate to stay put every time.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-05-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
We haven't tried it yet on a newer supra, but the older hull design the 2008, the nauticurl was on, and its very hard to get off, it sucks on there very well. I know its not the same design but it is the same brand boat, might be worth trying.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       09-06-2017, 10:53 AM Reply   
I have a 2011 242 & with the nauticurl I've never had a problem with it coming off. Though I don't have the vinyl flame decals on the back, I could see if I was trying to get in between those as well that would be pretty tough...
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-06-2017, 11:17 AM Reply   
thats interesting, we drove our older boat with the curl on it at 20 mph just to see and it wouldn't come off. I have problems with the mission staying on and then the two suck gates I made. this is curious I am interested in hearing the solution on this one.