Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-19-2020, 1:37 AM Reply   
I've been saying for months that I would do a review on the Supreme and at one point had one "on the way," but with Covid and the crazy demand for this board I never ended up with a 2020 to test drive. I've got a 2021 now. First, I've only held a Supreme a few times and the one I held struck me as a little on the heavy side, but it may have been a goofy one-off sample board. The 2021 weighs exactly the same as my 2020 ONE Timebomb. Both aren't quite as light as the RXT Black-out. I believe the shape 2020 to 2021 stayed exactly the same, but they may have changed the formula to make it lighter. I included the cliff notes from my ONE/RXT for comparison.

I had a blast on the Supreme and it will be my ride for the 2021 season. I am moving and my new ride spot is full of rails placed along the boat path. I am super stoked, but it really made me want to move toward something that will let me get jibby when the mood strikes me. The Supreme has a sintered base and that is a huge plus, but the proper 3 stage rocker line did make me a little nervous. The older I get, the faster I like my boards.

My background.
I'm an expert level wakeboarder and I have been doing it for 27 years. Below are my specs and set up.
39 Years old
5-9 175LBS
141 Supreme with .7" Hyperlite A-tac fins (I'm a fin nerd and I am not the biggest fan of the fat Ronix fins)
Stance 23" All the way in, 12 Degree ducked both ways
72.5ft line
Boat Speed 22.5

Supreme
-Weighs exactly the same as the 2020 Time Bomb. Really light for a wood-hybrid board
-Slower across the water than the ONE and the RXT, but not by much (It is a three stage, but the belly has some features to reduce the drag so it doesn't feel a slow as it looks.
-It has more drive up the wake than the RXT and the ONE even with smaller fins
-It splits the difference between the RXT and ONE in handling edge to edge. It is a really good balance of width and taper.
-It has the classic buck of a three stage. It has been a few years since I have really felt like could really dig in at the base of the wake and go straight up.
-It has more rocker than the RXT and ONE so it comes of the wake super clean, but like a said earlier the additional rocker doesn't turn it into an anchor.
-Its stiffness is more comparable to the RXT than the Timebomb.
-It has a sintered base. I don't think it is soft enough to be a go-to cable board, but for boat jibs it will be super fun.

RXT
-A little lighter (Black Out Construction)
-A little faster (Continuous Rocker)
-More Drive up the wake (Channels in the belly)
-Slower edge to edge, but maybe a little more stable (wider tip and tail)
-More drive Heelside (straighter rails)
-Harder to get on edge toe-side, wants to ride flatter (Straighter rails)

ONE
-A little Stiffer, More poppy (Timebomb Construction)
-A little slower, But generates more leverage (Mellow-ish 3 stage)
-Less Drive up the wake, but more forgiving (Feature free belly)
-Faster edge to edge (More taper through the tip and tail)
-Develops a steeper angle toeside with out adjusting body position as much. (More tapper)
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       10-20-2020, 10:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for the review! I want to try the Supreme out as well. Been riding an HL Murray the last few seasons, but used to love the One and Code22 prior. What bindings were you using on it? Im interested in the new Supreme Intuition.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-21-2020, 2:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
Thanks for the review! I want to try the Supreme out as well. Been riding an HL Murray the last few seasons, but used to love the One and Code22 prior. What bindings were you using on it? Im interested in the new Supreme Intuition.
I'm on the 2020 Carbon ONES. I haven't ridden the supreme boots.

I took two more sets on the Supreme yesterday and the more I ride it, the more I like it. It is a workhorse. It rides very straight forward with nothing weird. It just does what you tell it to--and that is what I want in a board. I rode very consistently on my first set and I am appreciating how you can really hit the wake hard with low crossing speed.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       10-26-2020, 8:40 AM Reply   
I just rode the Murray 150 and wanted to like it but just did not give me the same consistency or confidence that I have on my 10 year old Tribute. Still searching and may have to try a few of these boards. I feel like I need a faster board as I am a heavier than the average rider at 215 or so.
Old     (Javi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       05-12-2021, 9:53 AM Reply   
Great review. I'm curious though when you talk about weight. Did you actually weigh the boards? Its so hard to find weights on board these days. Seems like only Slingshot posts their weights. There is always a little variation between manufactured boards but that's no excuse to not provide an estimated weight at least considering its so important for a lot of us.

Recently I weighed a couple boards with a simple digital kitchen scale that I use for measuring shipping weights (its actually pretty accurate) and it was very interesting.

- My old 138cm CWB transcend from like 2009 I think came in at 8.4 lbs.

- Another old 138cm DB9 CWB which was supposed to be one of the lightest boards at the time came in at 8.2 lbs.

- A 2016 Byerly BP 142 came in at a ridiculous 11lbs. And it also feels WAYY to heavy

- The SS Native 138 is 7.9 lbs.

I'm really curious about the weight of two boards, this Supreme 141 and the LF Rhyme 139 or 144.
I want to up in size to 140-142 range but really would like the next board I get to be light.

I really don't understand why they can't make cost effective boards under 7lbs. I have two kiteboards that are 138cm and both weight 6.6 lbs with hybrid wood/foam core one and full wood core the other.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-12-2021, 1:10 PM Reply   
I've only ridden the Rhyme in a 144 and it felt like a lot of board. Considerably more heavy than my 141 supreme. I'm not just talking about swing weight from the length, but weight in general. I actually really liked how the Rhyme felt on the water.
Old     (Javi)      Join Date: Aug 2016       05-12-2021, 8:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently looking into the SS Pill, rhyme or Supreme but don't have a way to demo. So trying to do my research. I'm 5'10 170lbs, so I also would think the 144 might just feel too big, especially with me being so used to ridding 138 boards. However I turned 40 this year and would like to try moving up in size a bit to help with landings. I'm used to subtle 3stage boards. Have tried continuous twice already but just prefer 3stage. Rhyme 139 is not really a size increase, so from size, pill 142 or Supreme 141 may serve me better. Have you tried the Pill?
Old     (davey_boy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-13-2021, 10:08 AM Reply   
Nice review! I think I missed this when it was first posted. I ride the RXT and all the comments about that board ring true for me. I'm happy with the board but my one complaint is it's a little harder to get on edge toeside. I'm an older rider and I totally agree with your comment about faster boards as you get older...slow boards are too much work! I'd like to try the supreme sometime but unsure if it would be a better board for me than the RXT or not. Sticking with the RXT for now.