Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2013, 9:44 PM Reply   
Here's a couple of pics and specs (pics courtesy of my buddy Nick at WWS in Denver)
3,000 lbs of under floor ballast
Transom surfboard storage
LED hull lighting
Wetsounds 808's on the inside
HD Touch Screen (Medallion)
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2013, 9:45 PM Reply   
Few more
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2013, 9:45 PM Reply   
Last one that I have
Attached Images

Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-02-2013, 9:49 PM Reply   

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2013, 9:49 PM Reply   
Looks like they are loading the website...
http://www.tige.com/apex
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2013, 9:50 PM Reply   
5,400 lbs!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-02-2013, 9:53 PM Reply   
Home page
Attached Images

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-02-2013, 10:01 PM Reply   
ok I'll be the first to say it. G knock off. no wait, wanna be G. hahahaha
Old     (robholihan)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-02-2013, 10:01 PM Reply   
Really innovative copying all the specs of the G23... Weight, width, fuel capacity, and people...
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-02-2013, 10:06 PM Reply   
The green boat looks like something the Riddler would use to attack Gotham and fight Batman. Not a fan of the lines of the interior and the helm.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-02-2013, 10:07 PM Reply   
Interior looks uncomfortable. Very angular. I like the flooring, rear storage, sub placement, 808's. Blows my mind that in this day and age you would design a ballast system using pumps and bags.

Last edited by SMDFSRK; 10-02-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old     (HygOctaneGraphics)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-02-2013, 10:20 PM Reply   
Kinda looks like a San 230 with similar gel coat design.

Jeff Rowland - Hygh Octane Graphics
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-02-2013, 10:54 PM Reply   
If a G23 and a MB where to have a night in a cheap hotel ........ Got some cool features , like the cooler placement and the wakeboard storage . Hopefully this boat does well for them. But I don't think this is a industry game changer , new boat for Tige but seems like it took a lot of cues from others .... Or maybe just one ... Seems like a lot of the 14 lines all kinda look alike ? Mondo, Mojo, Apex all look like a G23 the MBs and new 210s & 230s all kinda look like Malibus gel coats and the new LSV kinda looks like the new SC a bit in the tail .
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-02-2013, 11:51 PM Reply   
Here are some pics and video I shot tonight. Time for bed...oh wait...I'm in Reno!

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...-tige-asr.html
Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       10-02-2013, 11:53 PM Reply   
Here are some other shots

Transom surf board (3) or wakeboard (2) storage:

Old     (4Nash)      Join Date: May 2011       10-02-2013, 11:55 PM Reply   

Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-03-2013, 12:04 AM Reply   
This hull looks familiar?

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-03-2013, 3:19 AM Reply   
Wait, so it's a g23 that's better looking and has what looks to be a few more functional pieces and will probably be a bit cheaper?

Sign me up haters, I don't see any reason to piss and moan.

Last edited by simplej; 10-03-2013 at 3:21 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-03-2013, 3:37 AM Reply   
Alot of neat features! But just like the G23 i don't care for the styling on the outside.The inside of both boats are very functional.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-03-2013, 3:58 AM Reply   
It appears to have two subwoofers. One under the driver's seat facing the cockpit section and one near the driver's feet.

Either way, I have not complaints about the boat. The interior looks more impressive than I expected with some very functional storage areas. It looks like they have stepped up their quality. What is the price tag on this beast?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-03-2013, 4:22 AM Reply   
Wow nice copy of a great boat there Tige! But why didn't you copy the tower also? Blah ugly ugly tower! I am interested in the boat though! If it throws a huge clean wake like the G and is atleast $30k cheaper then they have something that will take some business away.

I didn't see any kind of NSS system though...
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-03-2013, 4:53 AM Reply   
Holy splash job! Even down to the same type of trim tab...Looks like Tige is now using Indmar?

Last edited by miljack; 10-03-2013 at 4:54 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-03-2013, 5:53 AM Reply   
Wow. People are real mad about this boat being a "G23 clone". I could care less about what boat it may or may not have similar styling to. Which i don't think it does, I like one a lot more than the other that's for sure and it's not the g23

I would certainly consider one in the future.
Old     (ridemarktwain)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-03-2013, 6:03 AM Reply   
With full ballast and a few people this thing will weigh in at 9000lbs! Take a full crew and it will hit #10,000lbs!! That will displace some water.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-03-2013, 6:04 AM Reply   
Tige switched to indmar for 2014 model year. Been coming in boats for a couple months now.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-03-2013, 6:57 AM Reply   
But love it or hate it I think Tige accomplished what they wanted with the release. Just look at the traffic on here and its like that on alot of sites right now. They wanted hype and buzz and they have that. So even though Mr. Bill from ben Dover lobbied so hard against them I think they accomplished what they wanted with the release.

Personally I will wait and see how the thing performs before making any judgement. Can't wait till the dealer gets one in and really can't wait to get in one on the water in the spring. My prediction is priced properly(sub 100) dealers won't have any of these boats in stock and the factory will not be able to keep up. Thats if its priced right and its as good as its been hyped to be.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2013, 6:57 AM Reply   
Looks similar to an Axis as well. Love the functionality and storage that is available.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-03-2013, 7:02 AM Reply   
I think it looks pretty cool. Would be cool to take a look in person.
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       10-03-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
Some of these manufacturers are changing their premium boats style from sleek looking sports car to mean nasty monster truck.
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-03-2013, 7:07 AM Reply   
Looks like a sweet ride. Some well thought out features for sure. I would love to see pics without the weird lighting at the unveil.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old     (rossolson)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-03-2013, 7:26 AM Reply   
I'm kinda partial to it, looks nice.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       10-03-2013, 7:29 AM Reply   
I really like the boat but I do still want to see some video of the wake from the boat. I can't remember but did they show any video of the actual boat in the water pulling a rider, or just the test hull?

A couple of my thoughts/opinions:

Rear Board Storage - I like it but can you really fit a wakeboard in the rear storage with bindings? It doesn't look like it. I'm kinda digging it more as a huge cooler!

Coolers - I like the removable cooler, I just hope that hatch is solid and doesn't rattle. Is that another small cooler in the floor?

Storage - Wow! I love how much storage there is in this boat. It's nice to have that much room , especially in the bow.

Stereo - I love the 808's but hopefully, you can order it without the subwoofer cut out. I'm sure the free air 10" will sound much better there but that wouldn't cut it for me.

Tige Touch - The styling on this and functionality is not good, at all. The trim around it looks strange and over designed and the buttons are way too far away from it. Unfortunately, I don't think this is a prototype. I expect that this will be exactly what the ASR will look like.

Styling - I think the exterior of the boat looks great. It's clean, simple and stylish. The interior seems to be a mix of clean and stylish/busy and tacky. I still like it and certainly appreciate the time and effort. I'd just like to see a little better consistency in terms of styling and design from top to bottom.
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       10-03-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
Does it look like a G23? Kinda, but not as awkward to me. I like the boat, and im sure it will do very well even if its priced near the G23. My main concern is will it drive better than a G23? Lots to love with this new boat. Two years ago i was against Tige and thought the where copy cats, but when i test drove an RZ2 i was sold! My point is dont hate it untill you have tried it!
Old    SMDFSRK            10-03-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
Boardman, The truth is not lobbying against Tige. It's simply the truth. Gathered from experience, not as an upset owner who has skin in the game, but a person who has experience working with these and other brands of boats. Objective, and willing to express my opinion in order to give those looking for both good and bad about the brand. Not just the ball washing you find over on T.O. I wouldn't get away with telling the facts over there unfortunately.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-03-2013, 7:41 AM Reply   
I just noticed the double lift assist shocks on the transom storage locker lids. Nice touch!
Old    SMDFSRK            10-03-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
The windshield is nice. I feel like the Alpha Z doesn't flow well with the lines of the boat or windshield though.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-03-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
Neat boat. My guess is that loaded, with the 550, you're going to be looking at $130k+ MSRP.
Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-03-2013, 7:51 AM Reply   
Did they incorporate a surf gate/system?
Old     (loudelectronics)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-03-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
I can see why some people would see it as G23esque. There have been some coments on the rear of the hull looking like a g23. However the side pressure reliefs used for spray are also on the Z3. The Taps plate is a genuine taps plate and is not at all similar to the Nautique plate. Remember this is an evolution from the Convex V hull. Taking what they learned from it and makeing it work better by sinking it more and using more of the hull as a planing surface (or anitplaning if you will) then just the planing surface of the Convex V (if you ever watch a tige rip across the lake, the only part of the hull that touches the water is the Delta Pad pretty much). Now using a deeper keep to further increase the water pressure and now using the sides of the boat to help size and shape wake (as they started to do on the z3 for surfing), it will work so much better for wakeboarding.

There is no doubt that the G23 took the thunder from the Xstar and the industry noted. The G23 opened up lots of doors for Nautique. It also put a huge bulls eye on there back that other can now shoot for. This is great for us all as consumers cause we get better boats out of it and more choices. If this boat shows to have the same versatility that the rest of the tige line offers and does it better, it will be very hard for many to discredit it. We all know how many people are scared of tige and hate on them all the time. This boat will change things for them and hopefully allow people to open there eyes a bit to look closer at there other models even if this boat is not in there budget. That is why boat companies offer these high end boats. Many over look tige and are missing out what they can offer the family and actually how good there wakeboard wakes are already on the current lineup.

Good things are coming and this is just the start.

I am excited to see the finished product first hand and ride it. From what I have seen so far there are a few things I see missing that I really like on my Z3 (backrest behind drivers seat, easily accesible trash can, Posieden matt flooring, towel warmers over engine, full bench sun pad, lack of windscreen (i hope its not going to ge the cooler lid as some like to sit there and hug a heater vent)). There are some features that I do really like and one being the huge amount of storage which means NO MORE BALLAST ON THE SEATS WHEN YOU HAVE NO GUESTS IN THE BOAT. I also hope to see a plug and play option for more ballast in the storage as we all know that for surfing we always want more then stock or have yet to see a boat that is sufficient with stock ballast. I would also like to see a foot rest for the shorter drivers so there feet do not dangle. These seats are high to overlook the bow especially on these new style boats that really like to ride nose high. I have no problem being 6'3" but my wife being 5'4" cant touch the floor. So a flip down foot bolster would be a nice option.

Overall, pretty solid and I like it.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-03-2013, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshesaid View Post
Does it look like a G23? Kinda,................ Two years ago i was against Tige and thought the where copy cats
Irony.....

I see what you are driving at, and would be compelled to give Tige the benefit of the doubt on this one......... But, holy hell, there is no "kinda" in the comparison to a G. It is almost exactly a G, only it doesn't have a great surf system. Everything, right down to the angular seats is the same. The entire hull and deck looks like it was from the exact same CAD design. Just my opinion.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       10-03-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
Haven't seen a price range yet....do we know any numbers or projected numbers?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-03-2013, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Neat boat. My guess is that loaded, with the 550, you're going to be looking at $130k+ MSRP.
That's G23 pricing, and I like this boat, but if I had to choose between it and a G23 I'm going G23 100% of the time. They need to make it 10-20k cheaper than the G23 to compete IMO
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-03-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
Ain't nothin' but a G thang bayyybayy...

But, I like the G, so I guess this looks pretty cool....for a Tige.
Old    rullery            10-03-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
So we've heard it looks like a G, MB, SAN and Mondo. Hey guys, it's a boat! They all look alike if you squint yer eyes a little. Appreciation is in the nuances and details, after all progression cant be made without history. We build, we learn, we build better, and it continues until we all die in a fiery Armageddon.

boat looks sweet to me.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-03-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
Price and wake pics/vids please. If it's only 10-ish K less than a G23 they won't sell many.
Old     (fatchance720)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-03-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
Somebody has to have rode this boat? They couldn't possibly release it without knowing what the wake / wakesurf wake would be like???
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-03-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Here are some pics and video I shot tonight. Time for bed...oh wait...I'm in Reno!

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...-tige-asr.html
I'm assuming this is going to pull the whole comp this weekend? Excited to see it, I'll be at the Nugget tonight.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-03-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not just the ball washing you find over on T.O. I wouldn't get away with telling the facts over there unfortunately.
Quote:
This is W.W. not T.O. Where people are allowed to post the Pro's AND Con's about whichever brand of boat they wish.
How you do substantiate your claims? Members on there are currently talking bad and good about Tige and other brands, just like this forum.

Let me make it easy for you,
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...autique-230-TE
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...a-13-G23-today
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...W-NAUTIQUE-G23
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...569#post716569
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-03-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
and yet again....no wake pics......
STANDARD.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-03-2013, 9:06 AM Reply   
All manufacturers are starting to make wake boats with a deeper hull and higher gunnel to produce these wakes and be able to handle driving through them. Of course they are all going to have the same bloated look as the G. You can't do it any other way and the fact that people still believe Tige is an inferior boat is laughable. They have been producing great quality boats for quite some time. I agree with Supreme Device. They're boats, of course they all have similarities on the other hand it does seem funny that most 2014 boats have that angled piece on each side where Tige has their LED's.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance720 View Post
Somebody has to have rode this boat? They couldn't possibly release it without knowing what the wake / wakesurf wake would be like???
This is the very first one built and it was literally assembled, wrapped up and shipped to Reno for the reveal. I was the factory on Sep 12 and watched them make the mold from the plug for the top deck. Prior to that, they took an RZ2 hull that you see in the videos and just made the changes to it until they got the wake that they wanted.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-03-2013, 9:15 AM Reply   
I'm not going to bother substantiating anything. You know as well as I do those threads are opinions and not facts about the poor QC and warranty issues that Tige tries to bury. They claimed in the video last night that they never see any dime size pitting in their gel coat because of how they put their hulls on a rack. That's cool and all and obviously a great way to attempt to insure equal and total coverage, but I know for FACT they had a dime AND quarter size pitting on something they put out the door not so long ago.

You know this is exactly the reason I'm coming out with this stuff. I'm tired of reading and hearing them spout all kinds of hyperbole and sometimes just utter b.s. and it's EXTREMELY difficult for a person looking to purchase a boat to find both positive and negative commentary about just about any brand of boat out there. I knew this would be a perfect opportunity to shed light on a few concerns I felt needed to be expressed without mincing words or having my posts pulled by the T.O. gang.

Last edited by SMDFSRK; 10-03-2013 at 9:20 AM.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-03-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
Another haphazard #cartbeforethehorse product put out by Tige. I honestly hope that it turns out better for the customer than the Convex VX did initially.

Last edited by SMDFSRK; 10-03-2013 at 9:27 AM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-03-2013, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDFSRK View Post
Another haphazard #cartbeforethehorse product put out by Tige. I honestly hope that it turns out better for the customer than the Convex VX did initially.
Not sure if nick 911 or jet ranger....
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2013, 9:48 AM Reply   
I like it. Good for Tige, they got away from that sharp razor tribal boat and gel scheme thing they had going on. I hope this wake is just a bigger version of the z3 or rz2 and for under $90k... that would be great.

I agree the tower doesn't flow at all with all the square edges of the rest of the boat.
I like the square Axis interior styling and functionality.
I like the G23 outer appearance and bow.
I like the malibu gel scheme that everyone seems to be copying (MB's F22, SAN 210, SAN 230, and now this ASR)

I really like the bow step through gate that lifts up for the cooler and probably acts as a nice wind dam when the window is closed
I really like the engine compartment how it opens up and you have so much engine access, that is excellent
I really like the transom seat/ board storage, not sure a board with bindings will fit unless it is hyperlites systems, but maybe wake skates and surfboards will fit. It is a good idea, nice to not have to climb up into the boat with a wet board to put in the racks, especially in $100k+ boats.

Now i just need to see the price and wake....
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-03-2013, 10:07 AM Reply   
Under $90? thats a funny joke
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-03-2013, 10:13 AM Reply   
It looks like a nice build for Tige, I hope they can increase there dealer network throughout the country. Its very light in California, two dealerships? Towing your boat for hours for service/warranty work can be a dealbreaker for some buyers, especially with Malibu, CC and MC dealers throughout the state. I hope this works for Tige, entering the "extreme" wakeboard boat category with Mastercraft and Nautique leading the pack could be risky. I think there price point will be a huge factor in the success or failure of this boat. If they price it comparable to a G23 or X-star they might be in trouble, it is lacking a surf system (SG or NSS), which is becoming more in demand these days. Also did not see any rear facing seating options? maybe I missed it in the pictures...

I think the boat does looks great... although not a huge fan of the color scheme they chose for a flagship reveal, seems like they could have come up with something with a little bit more pop. Looking forward to seeing the wakesurfing pictures and highlights... best of luck to Tige!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2013, 10:14 AM Reply   
I think SMDFSRK has made it clear that he won't be buying one...and that's fine, that's why there are lots of choices out there. The rest of us are interested in finding out all of the details we can and are keeping a positive attitude.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-03-2013, 10:21 AM Reply   
Looks to be that the rear storage is kinda useless for wake boards. I don't know about anyone else but I like to store my boards with bindings attached. I don't see you getting 2 boards in there with bindings on.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-03-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
I was expecting to see a lot of comments as with all new boats comparing them to other boats. At first glance i too instantly thought it looked exactly like a G23. However, once I pulled pictures of the rz2, g23, and the asr the lines on the side look more like a RZ2. The front fo the boat does look like a G23 but I like it. To be honest the size of the forks on these x-star, mb 24ft tomcat, etc. they add so much extra unusable length to the boat. I like the blunted noses to allow for more seating room inside (look at the inside of the new x-star....) There are a lot of new features that remind me of the G but I also see new features such as the transom board storage which I really like. as for the g23 hull knock off, let's be honest everyone copies the tog dog and tries to improve upon it, that goes with every industry so let's not act surprised or naive.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-03-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
I like it a lot. I already own a Tige so that shouldn't come as much of a surprise. I LOVE that they went to all hidden ballast and provide a TON more storage. Just curious to what the real world pricing will be. I still don't think a new boat is in our future until 2015. Should give them time to work out any potential kinks.
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       10-03-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
its a good looking boat for sure, but with all the hype i was expecting more? they told me it was going to blow my mind and it didnt... with systems like ramfill (pure vert), cats, surfgate and nss i feel that the asr is lacking. and i understand them trying to target a different customer with this boat, but i have yet to see a surf wave picture and thats their bread and butter. i dont want to come across as a hater, i actually really like tige boats, i plan on getting an rzr as my next boat, i just wanted a game changer out of this boat and that didnt happen
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-03-2013, 11:09 AM Reply   
Tige's new ASR...for the 40-50 year old crowd who want the biggest surf/wakeboard wake money can buy. I don't get why boat mfg keep building these expensive gas guzzling monstrousities. Why not focus on making a boat and wake someone can be proud of for under 40k that reaches lots of people who want a new boat and nice wake? I dunno 100k+ ski boats seem really dumb to me guess bc I don't have money falling out of my pockets??
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-03-2013, 11:11 AM Reply   
the tige fanboys are going to need to adjust their tune a bit

wake doesn't look good at 95' with no ballast
this boat is a plow and will consume gas accordingly. The days of 3gph as a result of the remarkably efficient convex hull are long gone.
Boat is being marketed with a wake on both sides and a guy riding with a long rope. what sport is THAT?
indmar.

I think the concept is a good one but you gotta be crazy to buy one yet. Let 'em shake it out for a couple of years and if pricing is competitive this looks like a winner.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-03-2013, 11:48 AM Reply   
Surf is their bread and butter, and they claim to have THE BEST WAVE IN THE INDUSTRY. But why do nearly ALL the best riders in the world ride for other manufacturers if Tige undoubtedly has the best surf boat in the industry. To hear them tell it nobody else manufactures a boat with the ability to throw a surf wave, and they invented the sport of wake surfing.

Why did they create their own tour? To help sell the brand and fortify the facade they've created by claiming numerous victories by their riders on their own factory sponsored tour stops that very few other professional (and I use that term loosely) want anything to do with. The surf waves behind the Z3 are only the best in the industry in Tiges own minds. Meanwhile everyone else were out competing for the title that matters at the WWSC stops. How'd Tige do when they were there to compete with the best? One 2nd place finish.
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       10-03-2013, 12:12 PM Reply   
Rumors on the Tige forum is $105k price range
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       10-03-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDFSRK View Post
Surf is their bread and butter, and they claim to have THE BEST WAVE IN THE INDUSTRY. But why do nearly ALL the best riders in the world ride for other manufacturers if Tige undoubtedly has the best surf boat in the industry. To hear them tell it nobody else manufactures a boat with the ability to throw a surf wave, and they invented the sport of wake surfing.

Why did they create their own tour? To help sell the brand and fortify the facade they've created by claiming numerous victories by their riders on their own factory sponsored tour stops that very few other professional (and I use that term loosely) want anything to do with. The surf waves behind the Z3 are only the best in the industry in Tiges own minds. Meanwhile everyone else were out competing for the title that matters at the WWSC stops. How'd Tige do when they were there to compete with the best? One 2nd place finish.
Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-03-2013, 12:53 PM Reply   
If it is 105K$ for the base model or a 450 hp, that is not a good sign. Full disclosure, I own a G23, and I would not be very happy if I hadn't gone with the 550hp. With the 550 hp in this boat with the same (apparent) hull displacement and weight, new owners will also likely be happier, but it will bump the price up to the G range I would imagine. While I don't particularly like the styling, it is not for me to say that others should not. I have ridden behind all different brands of boats, I just tend to like Nautiques. I hope everyone who wants one, and buys one, is as happy with their purchase as I am with mine. But at the end of the day, all that matters to me is that I am happy with my G23.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-03-2013, 1:00 PM Reply   
Kind of funny SMDFSRK signed up on 10/2/13 to Wakeworld and posted continously in the only two active threads about Tige. If you look at this recent comments it's only in those two threads.... "DEAD GIVE AWAY!"

Last edited by goride; 10-03-2013 at 1:07 PM. Reason: .
Old    SMDFSRK            10-03-2013, 1:07 PM Reply   
Spoiler Alert!!

I am capitalizing on the "hype" and letting the truth and the facts out about the brand and some of the QC issues plaguing the company in the time I have personally worked on their products out to the public in order for future consumers to make fully educated decisions in their next purchase. I'm not telling anyone to NOT buy the boats. People are allowed to like or dislike any particular thing they want. Just be prepared to understand that this is standard operating procedure when it comes to Tige.

They and their fanboys are allowed to continually pump up the product with hyperbole and outlandish claims, and I am free to counter with the opposite side of the coin. As they say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-03-2013, 1:32 PM Reply   
$105k? LOL Talk about pricing yourself right out of the market

Nice boat, but for over $100k, you'd be crazy to be shopping outside of the big-3
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-03-2013, 1:36 PM Reply   
Mr Bill we can all see you are just a jaded customer / ex employee or the like. No one is buying your unsubstantiated crap. I have owned almost every brand under the sun and they all have issues and always will as these are hand made one at a time products. I also have friends who own dealerships for collectively 4 different brands of tow boats. All have bad boats all have good. I was lucky this year and had only minor issues, mostly cosmetic. But I know there were boats with bigger issues. I have owned new boats that I couldn't keep out of the shop. If you want to look you will find those stories from every brand. But, for whatever reason you are acting like Tige is alone in putting out a few bad boats. Like I said you obviously have an axe to grind or are a rookie working at a dealership and think Tige's are an anomaly. Go work for another brand and you will see problems in their lines too. Then you can scream their QC sucks too. Maybe you are an aspiring 6 Sigma Black belt and can save the boat manufacturing world from itself.

More than this brand or that brand has problems, is that there are issues within the brand. You keep bringing up the VX. Whats wrong with the VX or has been? Are you maybe referencing to the improper BRACKET angle. That was an issue Tige completely owned up to and has corrected for all affected. What else you got? Enlighten us because obviously none of us know as they are hiding it. Just out of curiosity what Tige dealership fired you? Like someone else mentioned you might be more believable if not for your blank profile created yesterday simply to bash Tige!!!

Last edited by boardman74; 10-03-2013 at 1:38 PM.
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       10-03-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
IMO it is hard to truly judge the boat until you have experienced on the water. Truth is that 90% of us will probably never ride behind one for the first year or so.
Old    SMDFSRK            10-03-2013, 2:05 PM Reply   
Boardman,

You can see what you want. That's ok. You own a Tige and you like it. Congratulations. I'm glad yours has worked out for you. It's wonderful to hear a positive experience from a new boat owner. That will help those looking for that information feel that much better about their next boat purchase. You must have a great group of close personal friends too! Congratulations on that as well. You must be one heck of a guy!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-03-2013, 2:27 PM Reply   
I owned a 2007 RZ2 and when I fist saw the AZR it just reminded me of a beefed up RZ2. Although a different boat you can see it evolved of the RZ series. When you have that much room for ballast and storage you have no other choice then to have a deep boat with tall gunnels.

Quote:
$105k? LOL Talk about pricing yourself right out of the market
Also, 105K was just speculation from someone on Tigeowners.com. I have not heard of any official pricing from Tigé yet.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-03-2013, 2:28 PM Reply   
I'm actually kind of D-bag! I as well as other are asking what is so bad for you to make a profile to save us all from ourselves? I'm about as far from brand loyal as they come if there are glaring issues with the brand boat I currently am considering(I don't own a boat right now) I'd love to hear them. I searched and searched for Tige issues and I can't find a pattern. A consistent deficiency. You can find "I bought this boat and it sucked" for any brand under the sun. Lemon law cases etc. I don't find any xyz continually goes wrong with said boat. I can tell you things that have happened to boats that would surprise you, but those are isolated incidents not consistent issues. Heck I might be able to point you to a lake with a VX somewhere in it. I personally had a swim platform fall off another brand. Crap happens and boats are built on Fridays and Mondays. So I again ask you for facts and details. What is this the Xfiles. We just take you at your work that it happened?

I am assuming since you have taken the time to make a profile not just to out Tige, but that you are trying to help people..so help us. Lets hear it. All your saying is they suck..I saw one with sucky gel coat...You know about the VX....I haven't heard any facts. I'm sure many are interested in hearing. So lets have it already. Otherwise you just sound like a cry baby or a jaded lover.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-03-2013, 2:55 PM Reply   
The floor says "Apex Series" implying they are coming out with more models....

ohhh the speculation begins!!!!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-03-2013, 3:23 PM Reply   
HaHa, you guys are funny.

The Nautique guy who owns a G23: "I don't particularly like the styling...". Drinking so much "nautique mystique" that he can't see that it looks identical to his own boat (save the tower). Classic nautique owner... next time a thread comes up about the typical nautique owner or mastercraft owner, quote this thread right here.

Then the Tige guy shows an RZ2 and a AZR side by side as evidence that the latter came directly from the former.... they are both boats but they look almost nothing alike... try this instead...
Attached Images

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-03-2013, 3:31 PM Reply   
The Tige whistle-blower is among us. Bringing down the company that is Tige, one wakeworld post at a time.

I just want to see some more real life color schemes of this boat, or is there really only one existing in real life.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-03-2013, 3:33 PM Reply   
You can clearly see that the G23 was an evolution of the RZ2!