Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2015, 6:17 AM Reply   
I have an O'brien Alias 5.0 that I bought cheap this year. On my first summer with my first boat so had to get a wake surfer, but we don't really surf that much. Anyway the board works great with my 89 Supra Sunsport wake, good push and all, but it is extremely hard to control when you start cutting around.

This wave is not very long so when you start to fall back and need to pump hard the board just wants to slide off it's toe edge.

I came with a single 1.1" fin, the edges don't seem to bite at all.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has some spare wake surf fins they could offer up or I can buy from you. As long as they have threaded holes I think I can make them work with the board, I'll just drill new holes if they don't like up with the original fin holes.

I was thinking about a 2" fin to replace the single center fin, and was maybe going to put fins on the outside to to make it a "thruster" type board.

If anyone has anything please let me know.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-29-2015, 10:58 AM Reply   
I have a Ronix Caption and it had a pair of 2" fins and I wanted a center fin on it to help with people that were learning. I just bought a 2.9" fin off ebay and drilled/mounted it up.

I think the fin was like $15 on ebay.

Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       06-29-2015, 10:59 AM Reply   
Call O'brien they will send you some. We have an O'brien Nalu pro that the fin broke off. I called and not only did they send me the replacement free they threw in 3 other sizes for us to try. They have done the same on the O'brien wakebaords we have.
Old     (ercAXISA22)      Join Date: Dec 2014       06-30-2015, 9:30 PM Reply   
Obrien sent me free fins for my haze board when I lost mine. I offered to pay but they insisted on sending free of charge.