Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (prowake)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-10-2017, 12:34 PM Reply   
and furthermore, regarding that classified document that dumb b*tch leaked about the russians attempt of tampering with the voter machines but couldnt--

hackers cover themselves well. very very well. if a hacker were to TRY to mess with voting machines and experiment, they sure as sh*t would do it in a way to make it look like someone else was doing it.

if you know anything about hacking, you should know the FBI, NSA, and CIA cant wave a magic wand with every piece of evidence and conclude with 100% certainty who did it.

They possess the tools allowing any hacking of theirs to be untraceable, even by themselves. and those tools have long been leaked. who do you think was able to get their hands on them before being publicly leaked? use your brain.

those who believe they are all powerful and all knowing are absolutely ignorant.

Last edited by prowake; 06-10-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2017, 1:25 AM Reply   
Ha ha, lol what? DOJ tries to mount an argument the Drumpf can enrich himself while in office. Ho ho, third world status not far away for you guys.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.37d5b8b7ae05
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-11-2017, 2:35 AM Reply   
Wetback? Keep it classy, White Pride. Sad what Wakeworld has become.

Even Trump's own lawyers know what a scummy liar he is - they always made sure to meet with him in pairs because he lied so much:
http://www.salon.com/2016/10/07/even...habitual-liar/
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-11-2017, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneng View Post
Yes the server is dead like so many others. Get with the program Turtle . Your Evil DNC's party lost the election. Face it Turtle you are a looser.
What's a looser? Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached.
come on! Tighten up!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-11-2017, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowake View Post
and furthermore, regarding that classified document that dumb b*tch leaked about the russians attempt of tampering with the voter machines but couldnt--

hackers cover themselves well. very very well. if a hacker were to TRY to mess with voting machines and experiment, they sure as sh*t would do it in a way to make it look like someone else was doing it.

if you know anything about hacking, you should know the FBI, NSA, and CIA cant wave a magic wand with every piece of evidence and conclude with 100% certainty who did it.

They possess the tools allowing any hacking of theirs to be untraceable, even by themselves. and those tools have long been leaked. who do you think was able to get their hands on them before being publicly leaked? use your brain.

those who believe they are all powerful and all knowing are absolutely ignorant.
There's a lot of irony in this last sentence considering all of your ramblings.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-11-2017, 8:33 AM Reply   
I know that some will dismiss this because it's Lou Dobbs, but to me, it sounds logical and reasonable

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/video/...010759382.html
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2017, 11:47 AM Reply   
Snowflake in chief won't go to the UK until those nasty poms say they like him. Might be a looooong time till he gets there.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...old?CMP=twt_gu
Old     (prowake)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-11-2017, 7:22 PM Reply   
lolol
Attached Images

Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-12-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
Now that's what i call HOPE
https://www.facebook.com/GoodMorning...4692260302061/
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-12-2017, 10:50 AM Reply   
Merica
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanStr...4341276092730/
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-12-2017, 10:53 AM Reply   
Hate brought to you by the double standard left
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanJou...0769460578927/
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-12-2017, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
there's a lot of irony in this last sentence considering all of your ramblings.
lol
Old     (prowake)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-12-2017, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
There's a lot of irony in this last sentence considering all of your ramblings.
clearly referring to the intelligence agencies, doofus

and rarely do i claim absolute certainty on anything, other than the complete lack of intelligence on the left
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2017, 7:07 PM Reply   
Didn't we all STOP caring what the Left had to cry about after November the 8th 2016, the crying from progressive left has not Nor should you expect it to stop untill they loose again next go round. This FBI hearing proves it. The Left has nothing to add except Doubt, speculation, & ridicule. Isn't it great to know that all the Left has to do for the next 4 years is complain about the current administration,

And don't you all find it funny how Main stream media was ridiculing Trump for his use of twitter pretty funny how lots of world leaders are now using the same method you all were so critical of
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2017, 10:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thank You President Trump. Free Speech for all religions.
What? Even those dune coon Muslims?

It should just be free speech, i don't see how religions come in to it, everybody is free to say nonsensical stuff so religions are covered by default.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-13-2017, 6:43 AM Reply   
Next up... An executive order making blasphemy illegal. Because making people feel bad about their supernatural fantasies restricts their freedom.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-13-2017, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowake View Post

You would be surprised how easy it is to find out who actually did it. They pinpointed it to Russia right away, and Putin admitted it was Russia, but that they were "just Russian Patriots". So...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2017, 12:21 PM Reply   
Days to hit a 60% disapproval rating:

Carter: Never
Reagan: Never
H.W. Bush: Never
Clinton: Never
W. Bush: 1,756
Obama: Never
Trump: 144

I think i know the problem, people are tired of too much winning
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-13-2017, 1:22 PM Reply   
I only caught 30 min or so at lunch. but...Sessions is getting grilled.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2017, 1:25 PM Reply   
https://youtu.be/qiLyhqfdpOg . Senator Fienstein can you tell us how somebody receiving a government salery ..albiet a very good on.. has accumulated wealth that is 1000 to 10000times that of any ordinary person making the same wages. You have assumed chairmanship of the Senate Select Committee overseeing 16 agencies have you ever discussed with anyone in your family regarding projections of arms sales or has anyone directly related to you benefited financially from such? Senator Sessions please go after these evil monsters they are destroying our nation. Investigate now and stop the BS that is destroying our Country. Good men like you and Donald Trump are being prevented from Making America Great Again.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-13-2017, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
https://youtu.be/qiLyhqfdpOg . Senator Fienstein can you tell us how somebody receiving a government salery ..albiet a very good on.. has accumulated wealth that is 1000 to 10000times that of any ordinary person making the same wages. You have assumed chairmanship of the Senate Select Committee overseeing 16 agencies have you ever discussed with anyone in your family regarding projections of arms sales or has anyone directly related to you benefited financially from such? Senator Sessions please go after these evil monsters they are destroying our nation. Investigate now and stop the BS that is destroying our Country. Good men like you and Donald Trump are being prevented from Making America Great Again.
Do you know what a paragraph is?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2017, 1:59 PM Reply   
https://youtu.be/uCj99LB0hPs Well i guess the democrats finally did something positive and got Otto Warmbier released. Dennis and the North Korean leader have something in common booze and women. Lots of women.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2017, 2:03 PM Reply   
https://youtu.be/qILsKn7gqNEAG Jeff Sessions screw the committee you should have claimed the 5th like previous 5 top democrats before you. You are too good of a man. Those Evil bastards want to hang you on any word.

Last edited by deneng; 06-13-2017 at 2:03 PM. Reason: add
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2017, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I only caught 30 min or so at lunch. but...Sessions is getting grilled.
Of course they are scum. Rich hippocrates who have lined their pockets with cash. Both Liberals and Republicats
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-13-2017, 2:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Of course they are scum. Rich hippocrates who have lined their pockets with cash. Both Liberals and Republicats
Those damn crates of hippos.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2017, 2:44 PM Reply   

What hellhole has the USA turned into? When i was in school this would not be tolerated.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-13-2017, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:

What hellhole has the USA turned into? When i was in school this would not be tolerated.
Do you understand the difference between jr. high and a liberal arts college?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2017, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Do you understand the difference between jr. high and a liberal arts college?
Sure i do . You most likely are a liberal arts major. You get a much better well rounded education in Jr. high. Did you ever take a shop class?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-13-2017, 5:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sure i do . You most likely are a liberal arts major. You get a much better well rounded education in Jr. high. Did you ever take a shop class?
As an engineer I can guarantee you that you don't want to go down this path.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2017, 8:03 PM Reply   
Hydraulic engineer here. Plumbing and heating design. Two semi functional "liberals". What are the odds on that?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-13-2017, 9:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Hydraulic engineer here. Plumbing and heating design. Two semi functional "liberals". What are the odds on that?
E.E./Computer for me.

Odds are rather low, yet I guess to be a liberal with an interest in wakeboarding you probably have to be an engineer ha.

With that said, I still think the whole Evergreen thing is brutally wrong. Was more so just pointing out that Dennis can't distinguish between how different a K-12 situation is vs a liberal arts college.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-14-2017, 6:42 AM Reply   
Admitting both parties are corrupt, ignore the constitution & routinely break laws is the first step to recovery.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2017, 7:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
E.E./Computer for me.
Same here.

Both took shop class and built the brains behind military simulators.

I think the people at Evergreen need to deal with their own issues. Not really a concern of mine. Although it seems like the guy on that video is maneuvering for a big lawsuit payout. Either that or he's quite the snowflake. Who the f**k refuses to take a paid day off?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-14-2017, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Same here.

Both took shop class and built the brains behind military simulators.

I think the people at Evergreen need to deal with their own issues. Not really a concern of mine. Although it seems like the guy on that video is maneuvering for a big lawsuit payout. Either that or he's quite the snowflake. Who the f**k refuses to take a paid day off?
I actually kind of respect his POV on the situation. The idea of sending whites home for a day from school is hypocrisy in the finest, and they are also apparently making the school rather unsafe for whites by doing this as is shown by it. But who knowns, maybe the guy is just trying to get some money out of it.

And yes, safe to say we took "shop" class ha.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-14-2017, 8:53 AM Reply   
So much for states' rights I guess. Can't let states drum up their eco pines!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a93925b2390c
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2017, 9:11 AM Reply   
He's wants the taxpayer to shell out $50K a year for every pot smoker he can catch.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   

Only two types of Liberals Ignorant and Evil. Here are some of the Evil ones. Do you want to know why Hillary lost the election.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2017, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do you want to know why Hillary lost the election.
Wanting to know isn't the issue. It's a matter of not getting enough electoral votes. Or are you referring to how gullible one has to be to vote for Trump?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 9:54 AM Reply   

Fienstein broke the liberal code of no matter how evil a fellow democrat is you never admit it or go after them instead blame the republicans for not knowing anything. Wait until she gets back to San Francisco. For sure there is going to be hell to pay for Sen. Fienstein.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 10:26 AM Reply   
Senator Harris are you in collusion with SEIU? Senator Harris have you ever stopped the sale of a Catholic Hospital in order to pay off favors from the Communist SEIU union? Senator Harris do you constantly interrupt colleagues? Senator Harris do you have the biggest mouth in Washington?
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 10:30 AM Reply   
It would have been a massacre without someone having a gun to stop it.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-14-2017, 12:32 PM Reply   
Senator Paul
Attached Images

Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 1:34 PM Reply   
Libtards are either Ignorant or Evil.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Senator Paul
And that is why it will not happen. If Killary would have won the 2nd Amendment would have been on its way out by now. One more reason i am grateful that America voted in the right candidate. A revolution is underway to take back America from the Evil Communists.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-14-2017, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
And that is why it will not happen. If Killary would have won the 2nd Amendment would have been on its way out by now. One more reason i am grateful that America voted in the right candidate. A revolution is underway to take back America from the Evil Communists.
What revolution? So far all I've seen is a bunch of stoners kicking the **** out of conservatives while cops look on.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2017, 3:48 PM Reply   
He's wants the taxpayer to shell out $50K a year for every pot smoker he can catch.
Great, Sessions is probably making sure schools in Alabama are still showing Reefer Madness as required viewing. Way to move back towards the 50's, Pull Nancy Reagan out of the grave and fire up "Just say No" and start that campaign with the egg in the frying pan since that worked so well.
Sessions is a tool. He showed how believable he is during the questioning yesterday. Harris schooled him as did plenty others. Almost every answer was "I cant answer that" or a made up legal reason such as "longstanding Justice department policy" that does not exist, or that Trump may, in the future claim executive privilege, even if he has not sited executive privilege. If there is nothing to hide....why not answer the questions. Too much smoke, there is going to be fire spotted in the future.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 4:28 PM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/SaveLiberty...6003903526396/
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
What revolution? So far all I've seen is a bunch of stoners kicking the **** out of conservatives while cops look on.
No. Antifa got the **** beat out of them. Right wing volunteered giving up protection devices before the Trump Rally, but not the Commies. Bike locks, bricks, bombs, knives ,mace would not protects them. **** Antifa in their so called home of Berkeley. Even the Canadians respect the Victory at Battle of Berkeley.

Last edited by deneng; 06-14-2017 at 4:37 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2017, 4:45 PM Reply   
Trump officially in the FBIs cross hairs now.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.77dcd53643c4
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 4:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trump officially in the FBIs cross hairs now.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.77dcd53643c4
LOL . More fake news.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2017, 5:00 PM Reply   
^^^Its good that Trump and FOX claimed total and complete vindication after comey's testimony last week.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 5:48 PM Reply   
Come on libs lets help our heros.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-14-2017, 6:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOL . More fake news.
Is that what you do now? If it is something you don't want to hear, it's "fake news"? What an infantile way to live your life.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-14-2017, 6:25 PM Reply   
Any of you snowflakes wanna explain why one of your own poster boys just shot up baseball practice? Think the liberal, hate-filled media might have anything to do with it? Good thing is we don't have to waste any of our money on a trial.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-14-2017, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Any of you snowflakes wanna explain why one of your own poster boys just shot up baseball practice? Think the liberal, hate-filled media might have anything to do with it? Good thing is we don't have to waste any of our money on a trial.
As much as conservative media had to do with the Dylan Roof shootings.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-14-2017, 6:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Is that what you do now? If it is something you don't want to hear, it's "fake news"? What an infantile way to live your life.
5 sources speaking on the basis of condition of anonymity. Like i said fake news. Come on man..
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2017, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Too much smoke, there is going to be fire spotted in the future.
The left sees red flags and the right thinks they're roses.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-14-2017, 11:20 PM Reply   
the television in front of the elliptical machine that I use at the gym, is always on MSNBC.

Today, I saw the big headlines that special counsel Mueller is investigating Trump for obstruction.

The headlines were big and bold.....ALERT....BREAKING NEWS......blah blah blah

I looked at the TV thinking, why is this new news? Wasn't this the expectation all along?

Their commentary on it, already had him guilty. It was SO slanted that I actually laughed out loud.

I find that every news piece that they do slants toward republican guilt or conviction

Most days, It's difficult for me to watch

and I admit, that most times, it really turns me off to the left agenda.....instead of being more objective.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-15-2017, 4:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
the television in front of the elliptical machine that I use at the gym, is always on MSNBC.

Today, I saw the big headlines that special counsel Mueller is investigating Trump for obstruction.

I looked at the TV thinking, why is this new news? Wasn't this the expectation all along?

Their commentary on it, already had him guilty. It was SO slanted that I actually laughed out loud.

I find that every news piece that they do slants toward republican guilt or conviction

and I admit, that most times, it really turns me off to the left agenda.....instead of being more objective.
Do you ever watch Fox News?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-15-2017, 4:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
5 sources speaking on the basis of condition of anonymity. Like i said fake news. Come on man..
When the lead of the special counsel for the FBI, who I may add was endorsed by both parties, says there is an investigation, that is not "fake news". I don't care what Trump Tweets.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-15-2017, 6:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
When the lead of the special counsel for the FBI, who I may add was endorsed by both parties, says there is an investigation, that is not "fake news". I don't care what Trump Tweets.
It was Trumps dumbass tweets that dug this hole. There wouldn't be an investigation into obstruction if he kept his damn mouth shut & just fired Comey.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-15-2017, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:

Fox News has done the same thing with Hillary. It is absolutely no different.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2017, 6:46 AM Reply   
Fox does do the same thing.

but, I find that Fox offers more reasoning behind their slanted stories, while MSNBC offers opinion without the attempt at logic to back it up.

That's just what I've noticed, but having said that, I admit to being more easily swayed to the right
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-15-2017, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:

but, I find that Fox offers more reasoning behind their slanted stories, while MSNBC offers opinion without the attempt at logic to back it up.

That's just what I've noticed, but having said that, I admit to being more easily swayed to the right
The actual *news* component of fox really isn't bad. I like Fox News Sunday (Chris Wallace) a lot. Even though it's called Fox News Sunday, I'm pretty sure it only airs on fox affiliates, not on fox news. But it's good, and Wallace gives it to both sides pretty fairly.

What fox should do to restore (create?) its reputation as a reputable news source would be to just cut the pundits loose and create Fox News Blowhards, or something like that. The Hannity/Carlson/Fox 'n Friends kinda stuff is what undermines Fox's legitimacy for me.

Even though I personally identify as being on the more liberal end, I can't watch MSNBC at all. Way too much self congratulations and sniffing of their own farts. If I'm gonna watch a circle jerk, I'd rather make fun of the other side than watch my own team engage in that embarrassment.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-15-2017, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

If I'm gonna watch a circle jerk, I'd rather make fun of the other side than watch my own team engage in that embarrassment.
And that right there is exactly what is wrong with our current issues. Simpletons breaking it down to team D or team R & acting like a bunch of idiot sport fans over politics.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2017, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:

You have to put in more effort when you are trying to convince the public that up is down.

The bottom line is that 24/7 news is not really news very much. There isn't enough "interesting" news to keep people watching. So you have to indoctrinate them into believing that non-issues are issues and they need to stay tuned for every breaking detail.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            06-15-2017, 8:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
And that right there is exactly what is wrong with our current issues. Simpletons breaking it down to team D or team R & acting like a bunch of idiot sport fans over politics.
This couldn't be more true. I'm so ****ing over people supporting sides no matter what the ideal is.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2017, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
This is true. But it's also because people are so polarized over the issues. At that point the issues aren't important. Which side wins is the issue.

The right wants to defund PP because they solely care about abortion and don't care about poor women getting HC. The left see that as an attack on poor women.

The right wants to boost the economy by allowing laxer standards on polluting. The left sees that as an attack on the quality of our environment.

The right wants to divert money from public schools to religious schools. The left sees that as an attack on an already strapped for funds public school system.

The right wants to go after states that have loosened marijuana laws and approved medical pot. The left sees that as an authoritarian attack on individual rights.

The right wants a govt regulated HC system that's only serves those who can afford it without much regard to how many people have no access. The left sees that as an attack on our right to have access to HC.

The right wants a President that acts like a goofball. The left sees that as an attack on the integrity of our nation and disrespectful to the executive office.

The right wants to pretend that it can solve the debt problem by lowering taxes on the wealthy and cutting services to the poor. The left doesn't know how to solve the debt problem but knows it doesn't start by finding new ways to concentrate wealth at the top.

So yeah... The political divide is mostly about which vastly divergent ideology you subscribe to. You don't need to focus on the issues when the division is so clear. I think the HC issue is the one that may ultimately help being us back together. At first everyone thought that the right simply needed to repeal the ACA. So easy considering that they were all in agreement over that when Obama was President. But now they know they can't do that anymore because the narrative that everyone believed wasn't true. HC is the real threat our nation faces right now, because it's the issue that affects more of the public that any other single issue.

WRT the last claim that right wants a goofball.... It's not so much they wanted a goofball as it is they'll accept one as long as the goofball is on the right side of the ideological divide.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-15-2017, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
This couldn't be more true. I'm so ****ing over people supporting sides no matter what the ideal is.
Exactly. I'm way better off seeking out the views of those I don't agree with. I'm not frequently persuaded (but sometimes I am), but I always get a better understanding of the issues.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2017, 9:43 AM Reply   
that's amusing John. It looks like you think that the representatives in Washington are reflective of what the right actually wants. I know that my friends and I
don't agree with any of those points. well, we might agree that anyone is better than a democrat that wants to redistribute wealth

and don't bother, I am already familiar with your examples of wealth redistribution

oh, and healthcare......healthcare would have been better off if left alone. It's a trainwreck now. We can all agree that the problem is cost.....actual cost of doctors visits, medicine, effects of lawsuits....etc. Address the real problem instead of jacking my premiums up in order to pay for lazy Betty's healthcare

that brings up what I know the rights' biggest complaint to be......social program waste and enabling

I'm sure that we disagree there too, but to be clear, I hate all kinds of waste of money, not just from the left.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2017, 10:02 AM Reply   
the planned parenthood issue.

I do believe in the separation of church and state. I know that there are several issues where this crosses the line. I'm in favor of removing all of them if need be.
I do find it convenient that the left wants to remove anything christian from buildings and currency, but are okay with the government funding of abortion

The right, at least those that I know, don't necessarily want to outlaw abortion, just remove the federal government from it. This is, in my opinion, how it should be.

If the left would help offer up capitalistic solutions instead of vilify, perhaps everyone could win on this. Again, there will always be the extremist....always

every time that I see a news piece about planned parenthood, or a rally against, I just shake my head. The media, public, and even politicians just get this one wrong.

I was hoping that Trump would be the guy that was matter of fact and came out and said......look, I'm not advocating one extreme side or the other. I'm not trying to eliminate PP or abortion. I'm just saying that the federal government shouldn't be involved

That, in my opinion, is why Trump won. People were hoping that real talk would ensue and someone would make the unpopular buy necessary choices.

He's sometimes that guy, but it's not enough

hopefully the next guy will be that guy
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2017, 10:05 AM Reply   
I'm not saying that the representatives reflect what they want. I'm saying the representatives reflect who voted for them. You voted for the right and you get what the right offers. Saying that HC was better left alone reflects the idea that you got what you want and "lazy betty" can suffer because she's too lazy to stop working long hours supporting 3 kids at a crappy job when it was just a simple matter of her pulling her up by her bootstraps and making a better life for herself. The problem is that if you assessment of "lazy betty" is actually wrong and more people are denied access to HC, then ultimately they will overthrow your elected ideologists and replace them with theirs. Then the ball is in the other court where they can make jokes about "deplorable clff".

The question is how can you separate what the "right" wants from what the right voted for? The right voted to repeal the ACA. Check 1 on my list. The right voted for defunding PP. Check 2 on my list. The right voted for loosening environmental regulations. etc... So after getting what you voted for and defending the guy you voted for, how can you claim that you didn't want any of the things on my list?
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
I can claim that because , like you in the past, I voted against the other guy. I, like many, vote against things and not always for things.
I don't believe that I have much power to put someone like me into office. You get the lesser of 2 evils

I also disagree with your HC care comments. You are assuming that we only had one option and that because I don't want my situation to worsen, I must not care about lazy Betty. This is a typical belief from the left, and it's perpetuated in the media. Instead of improving every ones situation lets have lazy Betty only work 2 jobs and republican guy can either pick up a 2nd job, or take less profits......NO

and that's the difference
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-15-2017, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
The right wants to go after states that have loosened marijuana laws and approved medical pot. The left sees that as an authoritarian attack on individual rights.
States rights is actually a pretty interesting issue, and how folks come down seems to be more driven by the particular issue at hand rather than the principle of states rights generally. For example:

stewardship of public lands
legalization of marijuana
access to abortion
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2017, 10:27 AM Reply   
It makes sense that people are more focused on the issues than state's rights. Nobody gives a crap about states rights until it becomes entangled with an issue that the person feels passionate about.

Cliff, the problem with the HC issue is that people are prevented access to HC because of cost. Costs are inflated by a number of things the govt does. Therefore the govt becomes obligated to do something about it. You want the govt to not take responsibility for issues that it created because it's not something that you really understand or maybe just don't agree with. You are probably going to respond that you never wanted the govt to do those things. But you as an individual doesn't translate to the public at large. The public at large repeatedly voted in representatives that created the problem, and therefore the public at large is responsible. And unfortunately for you, you are part of the public. The only way out is to move to some place where the public either doesn't exist or has no say over it's governing.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
I understand your points John. I also appreciate that we can discuss things without getting into the violent name calling like others here tend to do...

that finger was pointed at those from both points of view

I understand the frustration. It's just not my thing anymore....I'm to old and busy

Last edited by ord27; 06-15-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2017, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Post of the thread
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2017, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
well, we might agree that anyone is better than a democrat that wants to redistribute wealth
Cliff, here is something to think about. Think 50 years in to the future and imagine what the world looks like when automation/robots eliminate the need for millions of current jobs. What happens to society when we don't need manual labor.

Seem far fetched? We are less than 10 years away from automated vehicles, currently driving a car/truck is one of the largest employment sector in the US economy, what happens to these people when cars and trucks drive themselves more safely and cheaper than humans? What are these people going to do under the current administration, dig coal? LOL.

We need to start talking about a universal wage/reduction in the hours for the working week imo.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-15-2017, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Post of the thread
Every now & then I come up with something good

Last edited by racer808; 06-15-2017 at 1:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-15-2017, 7:46 PM Reply   
Cliff you realize that no govt funds are used for abortions right? I assume you know this, so I'm not sure what you mean wrt the fed govt being "involved."

Regarding automation etc, I'd be very interested in your thoughts regarding what's coming. I started a thread on it the other day: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807747
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-15-2017, 7:53 PM Reply   
Oh, I missed the thread. I'll put my views now...