Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-18-2016, 12:40 PM Reply   
If you have 4 kids a dependent wife and a 500K mtg on 60K a year, you may be too stupid to vote.
Old    deltahoosier            08-18-2016, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
If you have 4 kids a dependent wife and a 500K mtg on 60K a year, you may be too stupid to vote.
True. The financial breakdown hardly works. haha.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-18-2016, 6:35 PM Reply   
I guess Obama is too busy on his Vaca to visit Louisiana. Interesting only sparse media coverage. 18 dead and Potus playing golf... Didn't something like this happen before?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-18-2016, 6:42 PM Reply   
Yawn. Bush wasn't criticized for "not visiting LA" and I don't think you want to get into comparing vacations between those two, trust me.

From the LA governor:
"Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards is defending the Obama administration's response to the severe flooding in his state.

President Barack Obama has received criticism for staying on vacation rather than traveling to Louisiana to see the damage first-hand.

But Edwards said Thursday that he's spoken with the White House daily and has received quick responses for each request he's made to the administration. He noted that FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate visited the state Tuesday and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson was in-state Thursday.

Edwards said he is "not complaining in any way about our federal partnership."

He added that while the President can visit whenever he'd like, he'd prefer him to wait "a week or two" because such visits require local police and first responders to help block roads and provide security."
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-18-2016, 6:50 PM Reply   
Haha, it took Bush 3 days and he was hung for it. Obama is 6 days out and now has an "excuse" for it... lmao. Why wasn't that "excuse" produced for Bush? Bush was raked over the coals for his fly over BEFORE going back to visit and Obumer is ok as a no show.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            08-18-2016, 7:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Haha, it took Bush 3 days and he was hung for it. Obama is 6 days out and now has an "excuse" for it... lmao. Why wasn't that "excuse" produced for Bush? Bush was raked over the coals for his fly over BEFORE going back to visit and Obumer is ok as a no show.
Eighteen HUNDRED plus people died in Katrina. Hardly the same. Obama acted quickly to this and provided help right away. There is a massive difference between the two responses and an even larger difference in death toll. Nice try though.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-18-2016, 8:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
Eighteen HUNDRED plus people died in Katrina. Hardly the same. Obama acted quickly to this and provided help right away. There is a massive difference between the two responses and an even larger difference in death toll. Nice try though.
I haven't tried. Neither has Obama. You might try to explain your viewpoint to the locals. Write a letter to the editor of The Advocate. I'm sure they would understand and sympathize.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       08-19-2016, 6:23 AM Reply   
I think this is the second time this Bush's response to Katrina has come up on this thread.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            08-19-2016, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
I haven't tried. Neither has Obama. You might try to explain your viewpoint to the locals. Write a letter to the editor of The Advocate. I'm sure they would understand and sympathize.
Did you not read the quote in red? THE GOVERNOR DOESN'T WANT HIM THERE. The fact that you're comparing this to Katrina in the first place is just off. I feel terrible for the victims and it is a truly sad thing, but Katrina was on an entirely different scale.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-19-2016, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
He should ask them if they agree with this first. It might help in framing his response.

Quote:
5) States Rights - The Federal Government should provide for national defense and national infrastructure - NOTHING ELSE. Send everything else to the states.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-19-2016, 8:11 AM Reply   
lol
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-19-2016, 10:01 AM Reply   
lol don't mind Vanilla; he can't help but contradict himself. If Obama did rush down there he'd be on here slamming him for getting in the way of locals doing their jobs and complaining about the Air Force One costs incurred.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-19-2016, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
lol don't mind Vanilla; he can't help but contradict himself. If Obama did rush down there he'd be on here slamming him for getting in the way of locals doing their jobs and complaining about the Air Force One costs incurred.
Don't worry boys. He's probably not showing his face there in order to throw interest off his ransom payment.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-19-2016, 10:55 AM Reply   
WOW Manafort out of the campaign. What a mess.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/19/politi...gns/index.html
Old    deltahoosier            08-19-2016, 11:49 AM Reply   
Trump and Pence are there. The locals are grateful for it too. Democrat politicians ...... not so much.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-19-2016, 11:56 AM Reply   
Yea, the timeline here is funny. After Trump visits, Hillary calls the Dem governor...lol.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...trump-41509183
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-19-2016, 11:56 AM Reply   
As GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump heads to Louisiana on Friday to survey the aftermath of deadly flooding, it’s worth remembering that disasters — whether natural or man-made — present a unique challenge for politicians. The goal is to appear statesman-like without seeming craven, using crises for political gain.

Trump can look to a recent history of Republican nominees making similar moves with mixed results.

In 2012, the day after Mitt Romney accepted the Republican nomination, he canceled a rally and headed to the Louisiana bayou to view the aftermath of a hurricane. He drove past flooded homes and discussed recovery efforts with then-Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Sen. David Vitter, both Republicans.

Romney’s in-person visit was widely viewed as trying to avoid the criticism that befell President George W. Bush in 2005 when he surveyed damage from Hurricane Katrina with an Air Force One flyover.

In 2008, John McCain, the party’s nominee, suspended his presidential campaign to return to Washington because of the deepening financial crisis and to ostensibly help negotiate the Wall Street bailout.

McCain's decision came after several stumbles; he had declared the economy "strong" a couple of weeks earlier, and said he hadn't had time to read the three-page bailout proposal. His campaign suspension was immediately slammed by Democrats, who called it a political ploy designed in part to avoid a coming debate that would have exposed his weakness on the economy to a wide audience and risked McCain's already-weakening poll numbers. His opponent, then-Sen. Barack Obama, stayed on the trail, a move that helped solidify the image his campaign was projecting of a nominee capable of confronting the challenges of the Oval Office.

Obama himself is facing criticism for not cutting short his annual summer vacation to visit the flood devastation in Louisiana, but the governor, Democrat John Bel Edwards, has publicly asked Obama to stay away, citing the drain on resources that a presidential visit demands and that he would prefer to devote to flood relief.

Edwards' request may have contributed to the Trump campaign keeping the visit by the candidate him and running mate Mike Pence relatively quiet. The campaign has publicly released no details, and Edwards' office said that as of Thursday night, Trump hadn't called to say he was headed to the state.

"We welcome him to [Louisiana] but not for a photo-op," an Edwards spokesman said in a statement. The governor's office suggested Trump donate to flood relief instead.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-19-2016, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
As GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump heads to Louisiana on Friday to survey the aftermath of deadly flooding, it’s worth remembering that disasters — whether natural or man-made — present a unique challenge for politicians. The goal is to appear statesman-like without seeming craven, using crises for political gain.

Trump can look to a recent history of Republican nominees making similar moves with mixed results.

In 2012, the day after Mitt Romney accepted the Republican nomination, he canceled a rally and headed to the Louisiana bayou to view the aftermath of a hurricane. He drove past flooded homes and discussed recovery efforts with then-Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and Sen. David Vitter, both Republicans.

Romney’s in-person visit was widely viewed as trying to avoid the criticism that befell President George W. Bush in 2005 when he surveyed damage from Hurricane Katrina with an Air Force One flyover.

In 2008, John McCain, the party’s nominee, suspended his presidential campaign to return to Washington because of the deepening financial crisis and to ostensibly help negotiate the Wall Street bailout.

McCain's decision came after several stumbles; he had declared the economy "strong" a couple of weeks earlier, and said he hadn't had time to read the three-page bailout proposal. His campaign suspension was immediately slammed by Democrats, who called it a political ploy designed in part to avoid a coming debate that would have exposed his weakness on the economy to a wide audience and risked McCain's already-weakening poll numbers. His opponent, then-Sen. Barack Obama, stayed on the trail, a move that helped solidify the image his campaign was projecting of a nominee capable of confronting the challenges of the Oval Office.

Obama himself is facing criticism for not cutting short his annual summer vacation to visit the flood devastation in Louisiana, but the governor, Democrat John Bel Edwards, has publicly asked Obama to stay away, citing the drain on resources that a presidential visit demands and that he would prefer to devote to flood relief.

Edwards' request may have contributed to the Trump campaign keeping the visit by the candidate him and running mate Mike Pence relatively quiet. The campaign has publicly released no details, and Edwards' office said that as of Thursday night, Trump hadn't called to say he was headed to the state.

"We welcome him to [Louisiana] but not for a photo-op," an Edwards spokesman said in a statement. The governor's office suggested Trump donate to flood relief instead.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/
OK, so wake me up when you have something surprising a dem would say...
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-19-2016, 12:11 PM Reply   
Here.... I'll change the subject. Caught fish on the last hook so I'll throw out another.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 08-19-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-19-2016, 12:22 PM Reply   
...or we can go back to the ransom payment...lol

The Atlantic... "Why is the Obama administration changing its story? The obvious culprit is politics. Obama and aides seemed frustrated by the argument, common among opponents of the nuclear deal with Iran, that the agreement entailed the United States “giving” $150 billion to Iran. That, too, was money that Iran already possessed, but which had been frozen thanks to sanctions restrictions. Faced with the danger that the further $400 million would be demagogued, the State Department instead chose to offer an explanation that didn’t pass a straight-face test. The cash delivery may not have been ransom in the strict sense—it isn’t that the U.S. was giving Iran money, but that it was returning money that was rightfully owed to it—but the claim that it was coincidental with the hostage release never seemed especially plausible. The surprise is that the administration thought it could get away with it."
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-19-2016, 1:12 PM Reply   
Agreed it was VERY poor spin.

Shoulda been something like "we were already obligated to make the payment but withheld it until confirmation that detained Americans were also released."
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       08-19-2016, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Here.... I'll change the subject. Caught fish on the last hook so I'll throw out another.

Okay, I'll bite. What is the benefit in using the 24hour clock on your phone? Most of the people I see using it are either in the military or are almost always late, wear discount shoes, and carry too much stuff at all times.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-19-2016, 1:40 PM Reply   
Lol, good catch. Old habits.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-19-2016, 6:01 PM Reply   
poor Drumpf
Attached Images

Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       08-19-2016, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
poor Drumpf
Lmao
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-20-2016, 1:52 AM Reply   
Wow. Trump had a week staying on message without unforced errors. No insults. Less name callkng. A little empathy. Wonder if he can do two weeks back to back.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-20-2016, 6:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Wow. Trump had a week staying on message without unforced errors. No insults. Less name callkng. A little empathy. Wonder if he can do two weeks back to back.
The bar is SOOOOO low. Honestly I think the race would be so much closer right now if he'd have adopted this demeanor after he clinched the nomination.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            08-20-2016, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
"You live in your poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 percent of your youth is unemployed. What the hell do you have to lose?"

Wouldn't say that.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-20-2016, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Honestly I think the race would be so much closer right now if he'd have adopted this demeanor after he clinched the nomination.
Agree. Hillary is not strong. Even weak. I thought Trump was un-trainable. We shall see.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-23-2016, 11:02 AM Reply   
wakeisreal.....are those stats accurate? Is what Trump said accurate?
Old    TheWakeIsReal            08-23-2016, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
wakeisreal.....are those stats accurate? Is what Trump said accurate?
No, considering the only stat is the 58%. The other parts of it is just generalizing a race. I'm not sure what you could check on that. Considering he is lobbying for the job that a black man currently holds, you can take out half of that racist statement. The 58% is a stretch as well and doesn't take into account people looking for jobs and only mentions 18-24 year olds. It's just simply ridiculous all around.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-23-2016, 12:39 PM Reply   
The "outreach" to black voters (in an all white town lol) was not for black voters. It was for white voters who don't want to feel like they're voting for a racist Cheetoh. Mission accomplished!
Old    deltahoosier            08-23-2016, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
"You live in your poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 percent of your youth is unemployed. What the hell do you have to lose?"

Wouldn't say that.
I think that message resonates with black Americans. it is absolutely what black people from the inner cites have been and are saying. A nation of Islam rep said those very same things recently to some politician. It is no secret. Education and unemployment in the black community is a huge issue. Always have been.

Politics are funny. A white guy who has hung out with black politicians for years is now a racist because he is running as a Republican. He is saying what has been said for years by democrats no less.

Like I said, I predict the black vote for Trump with be historically high.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            08-23-2016, 2:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
I think that message resonates with black Americans. it is absolutely what black people from the inner cites have been and are saying. A nation of Islam rep said those very same things recently to some politician. It is no secret. Education and unemployment in the black community is a huge issue. Always have been.

Politics are funny. A white guy who has hung out with black politicians for years is now a racist because he is running as a Republican. He is saying what has been said for years by democrats no less.

You Trump voters have no class, your kids have no compassion and 58% of you are racist!

That 58% is a little low though on this topic.

Politics are funny, all of a sudden a racist presidential candidate comes along and it's OK to go back to the 50s.

Of course education and unemployment has always been an issue in the black community. Considering less than 100 years ago they weren't allowed to have the same jobs or same education as whites. There is a massive difference in actually wanting to change those things for a group of versus just saying them to get votes.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-23-2016, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOL "high" indeed.
Old    deltahoosier            08-23-2016, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
You Trump voters have no class, your kids have no compassion and 58% of you are racist!

That 58% is a little low though on this topic.

Politics are funny, all of a sudden a racist presidential candidate comes along and it's OK to go back to the 50s.

Of course education and unemployment has always been an issue in the black community. Considering less than 100 years ago they weren't allowed to have the same jobs or same education as whites. There is a massive difference in actually wanting to change those things for a group of versus just saying them to get votes.
I have no class huh? Interesting hot take from a key board warrior.

Do I need to remind you of the Republican voting record when it comes to equal rights (not special rights) for black Americans?

Do I need to point you to how well inner cities black families have done in democrat controlled cities across this country over the last decades?

Ever want to explain LBJ's on keeping Ni**ers voting democrat for the next hundred years by giving them just enough to get the votes but not enough to matter?

Democrats have not done a thing for black families except perpetuating genocide per Hillary's idol Margaret Sanger via planned parenthood in as many black areas as possible. Decided that in order to receive welfare, a husband can not be in the home. Birth rate for out of wedlock non whites was 28% in 1964. 2012 it is 72% for black babies born with no fathers. Giving people special rights based on genetic traits is racism.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-23-2016, 4:25 PM Reply   
delta, I think TWR was just paraphrasing Trump's "You live in your poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 percent of your youth is unemployed. What the hell do you have to lose?" back at you.

I think you've proven the point that calling people out on their weaknesses probably isn't going to be a great way to get "historically high" support from them.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            08-23-2016, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have no class huh? Interesting hot take from a key board warrior.

Do I need to remind you of the Republican voting record when it comes to equal rights (not special rights) for black Americans?

Do I need to point you to how well inner cities black families have done in democrat controlled cities across this country over the last decades?

Ever want to explain LBJ's on keeping Ni**ers voting democrat for the next hundred years by giving them just enough to get the votes but not enough to matter?

Democrats have not done a thing for black families except perpetuating genocide per Hillary's idol Margaret Sanger via planned parenthood in as many black areas as possible. Decided that in order to receive welfare, a husband can not be in the home. Birth rate for out of wedlock non whites was 28% in 1964. 2012 it is 72% for black babies born with no fathers. Giving people special rights based on genetic traits is racism.
Wow. You take things quite literally. The point I was making it that Trump was just spewing bullsh*t. Just like I did there. Are all blacks jobless? No. Are all blacks doing bad as Trump is saying? No. Just as all Trump supporters aren't racist. And all children of supporters aren't classless. Can't believe that went over your head. Usually you catch that stuff. So try to ease up on the offense taken as I was sarcastically trying to prove a point.

But in reacting that way you proved the point I was making perfectly. Imagine hearing that bullsh*t as an African American. Probably the same response you just had. Instead of calling Trump a keyboard warrior I'm sure they would think of something.

We've been over the republican and equal rights voting. Each time I dismiss the argument and you never reply to it.
Old    deltahoosier            08-23-2016, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow. You take things quite literally. The point I was making it that Trump was just spewing bullsh*t. Just like I did there. Are all blacks jobless? No. Are all blacks doing bad as Trump is saying? No. Just as all Trump supporters aren't racist. And all children of supporters aren't classless. Can't believe that went over your head. Usually you catch that stuff. So try to ease up on the offense taken as I was sarcastically trying to prove a point.

But in reacting that way you proved the point I was making perfectly. Imagine hearing that bullsh*t as an African American. Probably the same response you just had. Instead of calling Trump a keyboard warrior I'm sure they would think of something.

We've been over the republican and equal rights voting. Each time I dismiss the argument and you never reply to it.
Yep. Missed the sarcasm. Besides, nothing like a little faux offense to spice up a conversation.

I suggest you listen to black people if you think they are doing well. Either they are doing poorly as they state or they are like little baby birds chirping in the air for handouts from mama government. I believe it is both to be honest. The crime statistics are extremely real. Black on black crime (especially murder) is horrendous. Blacks in high tech jobs is really low even though one of the major technology centers and many colleges are only a few miles from large black populations. The democrat party for every has stated that blacks have it bad so they need to help them, so what changes now? A Republican said it?

A Republican pointed out that the democrat way has not helped them and can point to many negative numbers rising as proof. Blacks are regressing while other minority groups are rising. Why is that? Could it be a party (which said group votes for by a 98% clip) have policies in place that keeps them slaves to the government instead of making them realize their own potential? Could it be a party who states over and over again that who you are is not your fault so let us help? We all know that if you do not let your children have some hard lessons and work, they will never leave the house. How does the democrat party really believe that a population under that mindset will not regress?
Old    bigdtx            08-23-2016, 6:08 PM Reply   
I feel sorry for people who feel the need to support Trump. I'm no Hillary supporter but Trump is an epic disaster. I'm not going to call him an idiot or a fool like a lot of others because he's neither but he's not a serious presidential candidate. He's PT Barnum / George Wallace 2016. He doesn't care about the Presidency or the national Republican party. He only cares about his own personal fame and celebrity.

Mark my words, when Hillary is sworn in as the next President of the US, Trump will blame the Republican establishment, the "media" (whatever that means - since he's a media creation), and "cheating" at the polls (another nebulous and un-provable fabrication). Then he'll go right back on NBC or FOX or wherever and be bigger than ever because "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".
Old    deltahoosier            08-23-2016, 6:19 PM Reply   
Neither are a serious presidential candidate. Which one is going to sell us out? That one is Hillary. She has a love for internationalism and a love of Marxism.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-23-2016, 6:49 PM Reply   
don't we already have a president who ..."only cares about his own personal fame and celebrity"?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-23-2016, 9:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Neither are a serious presidential candidate. Which one is going to sell us out? That one is Hillary. She has a love for internationalism and a love of Marxism.
She's definitely playing the long game on the Marxist manchurian reveal, what with the whitewater cattle futures trading, the wall street donations, the clinton foundation haul and the making $12M last year.... you've gotta give her credit for being so patient before she stokes the international proleterian revolution. mastermind moves, delta, you've gotta admit.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Decided that in order to receive welfare, a husband can not be in the home.
So, you'd like to expand welfare?
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       08-24-2016, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
WTF are you talking about? You sound like my drunk, 89 year old uncle.

Me: "HI UNCLE PETE. HOW ARE YOU?" (you have to talk loud to Uncle Pete)
UP: "THIS GD COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL BECAUSE OF THAT MULSIM PRESIDENT!! GIVING ALL OUR JOBS TO THE CHINAMAN. HES INVITING COMMIES TO COME OVER AND WASTE MONEY, RAEGEN HE WAS GOOD, REMINDS ME GOING TO BE LIKE WHEN LEE HAVERY SHOT JFK. THEN I WILL SAY I TOLD YOU SO" (Uncle Pete always yells, its also always a ramble)
Me: Take care uncle Pete
UP: TAKE CARE!?! TRUMP WILL TAKE CARE OF US ALL, STRAIGHT THIS MESS OUT THAT'S WHAT HE'LL DO. THAT B*** HILLARY CANINT EVEN SEND A FAX, USING EMAIL.........

Uncle Pete also uses the N word.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2016, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdtx View Post
I'm not going to call him an idiot or a fool like a lot of others because he's neither but he's not a serious presidential candidate.
I tend to think when you call a rich and/or famous media personality or politician an idiot, that it's really a veiled polite way of calling their followers idiots.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2016, 8:59 AM Reply   
John, I think that you are smart enough to know, that the welfare comment was about how it forces people to make a choice. If the father stays at home, they don't get the handout......or he leaves, and the mom does get the handout.

The system doesn't promote families staying together or people finding work. I see this every day. I even have conversations with people about why they don't work, or don't work two or more jobs.......handouts

trump might not be the one who could fix this. But I am certain, that any politician who talks about it.....commits political suicide. Sad state of affairs for sure
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-24-2016, 9:30 AM Reply   
It is more than twice as expensive to maintain two households than it is to have just one with a united family. There is no advantage to splitting up. Child support is counted as income for a single parent. That means that if the father is making money and paying child support, assuming he has a half decent job, the single mother living alone will receive no welfare. If the father has a minimum wage job and the mother is also making little to no money, the family will receive assistance whether the family is united or separated. My parents divorced when I was 3 and the only advantage my mom had from the separation was that my moron of a dad could no longer hold her (and me) back from long term success. Over the shorter term however, it was very difficult because my parents low incomes were stretched between two different households.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       08-24-2016, 9:47 AM Reply   
I just saw that Rush Limbaugh said Obama is encouraging lesbians to become farmers to "attack rural states" and thought that was the dumbest **** i've read. Then I saw this:

Quote:

The system doesn't promote families staying together or people finding work. I see this every day. I even have conversations with people about why they don't work, or don't work two or more jobs.......handouts

trump might not be the one who could fix this. But I am certain, that any politician who talks about it.....commits political suicide. Sad state of affairs for sure
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-24-2016, 10:06 AM Reply   
"Child support is counted as income for a single parent."

Child support is not counted as income for the receiving party nor is it taxable. It gets taxed on the payees side.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2016, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
"Child support is counted as income for a single parent."

Child support is not counted as income for the receiving party nor is it taxable. It gets taxed on the payees side.
you talkin' about welfare or income tax?
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-24-2016, 10:28 AM Reply   
That only applies to income tax.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2016, 10:48 AM Reply   
then you must have your head in the sand doublemwa. That's just what I have encountered. It's not from news outlets or guessing so believe whatever you want to believe...
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-24-2016, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
John, I think that you are smart enough to know, that the welfare comment was about how it forces people to make a choice. If the father stays at home, they don't get the handout......or he leaves, and the mom does get the handout.
I get what you are saying, but it's a catch 22. You want to pay welfare for both parents not working? Shouldn't one of them get a job? And do you really think that if two people are a in a committed relationship that one will move out and support them self independently because it's cheaper considering the welfare? I think a lot of welfare is at the state level, so it's really a state issue.

And do you really want to pay welfare to keep a dad in the house when he really wants to leave them anyway? Sounds to me like this is a using welfare for social engineering argument vs just making sure children have food in their mouth and a roof over their head. Just goes to show how conservative and liberal arguments can get flipped without hardly anyone noticing.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-24-2016, 11:26 AM Reply   
Who has been calling Trump an idiot? No one I know. ******* sure, but definitely not an idiot. He's laughing all the way to the bank (and laughest loudest and hardest at the GOP who he's gamed masterfully). Ivana tweeting out the web link to let folks buy her convention outfit minutes after finishing her convention speech tells you everything you need to know about what this family is in it for. Trump himself has now replaced his manager with a Brietbart shill. When he loses in November he'll take her and Roger Ailes and start up a new ultra-right "news" outlet to keep the racist nutjobs in a fervor and rake in the dough.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2016, 11:41 AM Reply   
Trump loves America. He'd never do that!
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
So, you'd like to expand welfare?
I would like common sense welfare that does not destroy the family unit. Welfare was originally meant for the widow with children who could not qualify for anything else. It has morphed and has helped destroy the family. I think it is pretty well known that kids of two parent households do much better as adults on average. High crime areas are also the areas where the family has broken down. The stats of crime and poverty and the black family unit do not lie.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
She's definitely playing the long game on the Marxist manchurian reveal, what with the whitewater cattle futures trading, the wall street donations, the clinton foundation haul and the making $12M last year.... you've gotta give her credit for being so patient before she stokes the international proleterian revolution. mastermind moves, delta, you've gotta admit.
She has to play the long game. We have this pesky thing called the constitution. However, her belief system like Obama's set the path for incremental laws to meet the end game. Marxists are not against getting donations. They are against you getting donations.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
WTF are you talking about? You sound like my drunk, 89 year old uncle.

Me: "HI UNCLE PETE. HOW ARE YOU?" (you have to talk loud to Uncle Pete)
UP: "THIS GD COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL BECAUSE OF THAT MULSIM PRESIDENT!! GIVING ALL OUR JOBS TO THE CHINAMAN. HES INVITING COMMIES TO COME OVER AND WASTE MONEY, RAEGEN HE WAS GOOD, REMINDS ME GOING TO BE LIKE WHEN LEE HAVERY SHOT JFK. THEN I WILL SAY I TOLD YOU SO" (Uncle Pete always yells, its also always a ramble)
Me: Take care uncle Pete
UP: TAKE CARE!?! TRUMP WILL TAKE CARE OF US ALL, STRAIGHT THIS MESS OUT THAT'S WHAT HE'LL DO. THAT B*** HILLARY CANINT EVEN SEND A FAX, USING EMAIL.........

Uncle Pete also uses the N word.
Nice story. Sounds like your uncle has some common sense about him. Maybe you should trying listening to him sometime.

Democrats use the N work a lot too. They practically invented it.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
I tend to think when you call a rich and/or famous media personality or politician an idiot, that it's really a veiled polite way of calling their followers idiots.
I like the irony of when someone calls a rich or famous person an idiot all the while they are...... well....errr....RICH AND FAMOUS and we are no bodies.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
I just saw that Rush Limbaugh said Obama is encouraging lesbians to become farmers to "attack rural states" and thought that was the dumbest **** i've read. Then I saw this:
My... You certainly have a mighty high opinion of your rational abilities don't you? Do you even have a worth while use in this world?
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Besides, you admit to reading Rush Limbaugh? Huh.... Truth comes out. I read liberal sites and you read Limbaugh. Interesting......

You ever read what Hillary believes in and her early work?
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
I get what you are saying, but it's a catch 22. You want to pay welfare for both parents not working? Shouldn't one of them get a job? And do you really think that if two people are a in a committed relationship that one will move out and support them self independently because it's cheaper considering the welfare? I think a lot of welfare is at the state level, so it's really a state issue.

And do you really want to pay welfare to keep a dad in the house when he really wants to leave them anyway? Sounds to me like this is a using welfare for social engineering argument vs just making sure children have food in their mouth and a roof over their head. Just goes to show how conservative and liberal arguments can get flipped without hardly anyone noticing.
All taxes and give aways are social engineering. Anytime you are picking winners and losers , you are social engineering.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Who has been calling Trump an idiot? No one I know. ******* sure, but definitely not an idiot. He's laughing all the way to the bank (and laughest loudest and hardest at the GOP who he's gamed masterfully). Ivana tweeting out the web link to let folks buy her convention outfit minutes after finishing her convention speech tells you everything you need to know about what this family is in it for. Trump himself has now replaced his manager with a Brietbart shill. When he loses in November he'll take her and Roger Ailes and start up a new ultra-right "news" outlet to keep the racist nutjobs in a fervor and rake in the dough.
awe.... you almost did it. started to make sense but the democrat in you just could not make a point without calling a republican a racist. You democrats do protest too much on the race issue me thinks....
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, quick question? How much are the Clinton's worth now? Weren't they broke in Arkansas? Wonder what position (job) the Clinton's used to leverage the ability to accumulate all that wealth?
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       08-24-2016, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Agreed! For a few months now I have this conspiracy but i'm starting to think its more of a fact. Especially when stuff like this comes out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03d51368a82b9

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-own-book.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/us...ents.html?_r=0

His goal in this is to make money, not "Make America Great Again" Last month he brought in $82M and has not spent any of it outside his own companies and family. I think he knew going into this republicans would buy into his crap and donate the whole way! His newest business is ripping off conservatives!

Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
delta, I think TWR was just paraphrasing Trump's "You live in your poverty, your schools are no good, you have no jobs, 58 percent of your youth is unemployed. What the hell do you have to lose?" back at you.

I think you've proven the point that calling people out on their weaknesses probably isn't going to be a great way to get "historically high" support from them.
Missed this earlier. You may have a point, though I don't think a Trump hater is really into giving sound advice to Trump.

Democrats have made a whole political party based on telling minorities that they are not doing well and the so called reasons they are not doing well.

shhhhh......Now you did not hear this from me but word on the street is the top 1% and racist white people are to blame for keeping people of color down. Don't tell anyone because if they said it out loud, the minorities will not vote for them anymore.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 3:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Agreed! For a few months now I have this conspiracy but i'm starting to think its more of a fact. Especially when stuff like this comes out:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b03d51368a82b9

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-own-book.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/22/us...ents.html?_r=0

His goal in this is to make money, not "Make America Great Again" Last month he brought in $82M and has not spent any of it outside his own companies and family. I think he knew going into this republicans would buy into his crap and donate the whole way! His newest business is ripping off conservatives!

Awe.... you are on to him. Dang it. A business man getting it done? Screwing conservatives too? wow... you should be so proud.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-24-2016, 4:11 PM Reply   
I've been noticing that the big Trump supporters from when this thread started are all gone now. Certainly there are some Hillary bashers left along with conservatives that believe in non Trump GOP candidates but nobody is left to actually say good things about Trump. Grant got this thread started and he hasn't come back to it in months and is probably embarrassed to have his name associated with it. Delta is still on the Trump train but as you can see, he's probably going to hang on to hope until election day and then lose it completely. We'll see a news story about how he strapped a bomb to his chest and blew up a taco hut full of "illegals" aka hipsters having some Mexican food for lunch.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-24-2016, 4:52 PM Reply   
have there been trump supporters? or just against hillary

is anyone actually for Hillary? her policies, goals, objectives? or just against Trump
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       08-24-2016, 5:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Awe.... you are on to him. Dang it. A business man getting it done? Screwing conservatives too? wow... you should be so proud.
Let me get this straight, correct me if i'm off base here. But a campaign donation is given under the assumption that the funds are going to go towards activities that will help get their candidate elected, right? Things like rallies, grass root events in swing states, tv commercials, publicist etc etc. So a candidate funneling that money down avenues that they will personally profit from is only, or not spending at all is only "getting it done"

He's getting his ass handed to him right now all the while, sitting on a nest egg that was given in faith to keep him out of that position in the first place. Meanwhile, his supporters, yourself included, is on their knees telling him how great he is. Wipe your chin when your done.

second thought, you have got be just string the pot. Not many people actually believe his ****.

http://www.vice.com/read/believe-me-...ing-the-mirage
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-24-2016, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, quick question? How much are the Clinton's worth now? Weren't they broke in Arkansas? Wonder what position (job) the Clinton's used to leverage the ability to accumulate all that wealth?
Don't play dumb, Delta. And don't act surprised that Clinton "accumulated wealth". Politicians spend millions of dollars for a job that pays around 200K a year. And then they are multi-millionaires after a couple of years in office. This isn't a Democrat or Republican thing, it's a DC thing. This post is either the ultimate display of naivety or your decision to bury the head in the sand to say "This side good, this side bad". I'm choosing the latter.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-24-2016, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wealth accumulation is all part of the ruse to throw you off what you already know, Delta... that she's a Marxist! Don't worry all the proletariat will get to share in the largesse once she pulls off her capitalist mask to expose her true marxist self on inauguration day.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-24-2016, 5:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
He's brilliant in the sense he duped millions into buying that he is a die-hard conservative. I have to give him credit for that.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            08-24-2016, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Missed this earlier. You may have a point, though I don't think a Trump hater is really into giving sound advice to Trump.

Democrats have made a whole political party based on telling minorities that they are not doing well and the so called reasons they are not doing well.

shhhhh......Now you did not hear this from me but word on the street is the top 1% and racist white people are to blame for keeping people of color down. Don't tell anyone because if they said it out loud, the minorities will not vote for them anymore.
I may be missing sarcasm like you did in my post. But are you implying that the dems are the racist and top 1%? I'm fine with you throwing out the racism part towards dems. But the 1% thing just isn't true.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 6:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Don't play dumb, Delta. And don't act surprised that Clinton "accumulated wealth". Politicians spend millions of dollars for a job that pays around 200K a year. And then they are multi-millionaires after a couple of years in office. This isn't a Democrat or Republican thing, it's a DC thing. This post is either the ultimate display of naivety or your decision to bury the head in the sand to say "This side good, this side bad". I'm choosing the latter.
You obviously did not read the previous comment by Wes. Read it then your reply will look a little knee jerk......
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
I may be missing sarcasm like you did in my post. But are you implying that the dems are the racist and top 1%? I'm fine with you throwing out the racism part towards dems. But the 1% thing just isn't true.
My main point is implying that the democrat part has made a living off saying minorities are not doing well in contrast to the criticism that Trump may not do well to point out that minorities are not doing well.

To morph the topic, I would look at who the top 1% are. I think the results may shock you:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/151310/u....servative.aspx

Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 6:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wealth accumulation is all part of the ruse to throw you off what you already know, Delta... that she's a Marxist! Don't worry all the proletariat will get to share in the largesse once she pulls off her capitalist mask to expose her true marxist self on inauguration day.
You don't know much about marxism do you? Those at the top of the political chain do very well. you are a smart guy. Do some research on her early work and let's discuss it.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 6:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
He's brilliant in the sense he duped millions into buying that he is a die-hard conservative. I have to give him credit for that.
I don't think anyone thinks he is a die hard conservative. He actually has many democrat ties. What he is not is a politician and he at least is identifying what most of use know. That is we can not keep moving wealth out of the country through treaties and by illegal immigration.
Old    deltahoosier            08-24-2016, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Let me get this straight, correct me if i'm off base here. But a campaign donation is given under the assumption that the funds are going to go towards activities that will help get their candidate elected, right? Things like rallies, grass root events in swing states, tv commercials, publicist etc etc. So a candidate funneling that money down avenues that they will personally profit from is only, or not spending at all is only "getting it done"

He's getting his ass handed to him right now all the while, sitting on a nest egg that was given in faith to keep him out of that position in the first place. Meanwhile, his supporters, yourself included, is on their knees telling him how great he is. Wipe your chin when your done.

second thought, you have got be just string the pot. Not many people actually believe his ****.

http://www.vice.com/read/believe-me-...ing-the-mirage
Of course I am stirring the pot a bit, however I don't care what he does with the money. I don't donate to politics period. All I know is he is not Clinton just as Obama was not Bush for you guys. Anyone but Clinton to turn a phrase. I would not believe in ever poll or article. Republicans usually don't participate in polls and democrats don't usually show up especially when they are counting on youth, old and immigrants to get what they need. They have to be motivated and blacks are pissed at obama, youth really don't care right now. Immigrants may be motivated. Your standard hippie will show.