Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-18-2014, 5:34 AM Reply   
I have a 04 Tige 24v, 375hp marine power motor w/ PP. I went out a couple days ago and about an hr into our set as we were wrapping up, I was going about 25mph, I went to step it up to get to 30 or so and all of a sudden I lost power. The boat would engage the tranny so we could limp back to the dock. As I was fiddling with things on the way back my wife put the throttle all the way forward and we got it going a little bit more,( 1800rpm's). Any thoughts on my problem? I was thinking throttle cable came loose/stretched somehow.... I thought I would ask here 1st and see if I could fix it as the last time it was in the shop cost me some serious dough. Thanks!
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-18-2014, 6:14 AM Reply   
Check the perfect pass spool at engine and wind it up. That's what was giving me issues like yours. Throttle cables get stiff, not loose. Unless something else has come undone.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-18-2014, 6:29 AM Reply   
Second that on the pp spool.. hand wind it tight if it failed..
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       05-18-2014, 8:25 AM Reply   
Third that on the perfect pass. Even though it does it's little automatic adjustment when the boat gets turned on, sometimes you have to manually crank it tight again. We had a similar issues last season as well as a few lesser events when surfing that we had to crank it between sets because the boat would not give us proper throttle.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-18-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I will check the spool.