Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-18-2019, 1:55 AM Reply   
Thinking about going with a new or close to new Helix this offseason.

Small Crew- Just usually the wife, our two boys , and maybe a another person+2.
Use: My knees are shot so wakeboarding is pretty much done, Lots of Cruising, Floating, Some Surfing, The Kids are learning to Ski and Wakeboard.

My boat barn isn't huge so I can't fit a tug boat in it. It's long enough but the entry is only 8' tall.

I would say we'll use it twice a month based on what we are doing now.

Anybody have one and have anything good/bad to say?
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       06-18-2019, 4:16 AM Reply   
trey, go join on the moomba forums and ask the same question. granted you will only get the good but you can speak to helix owners.

I spent several summers on a mondo- a close cousin to the helix. few things I didn't like about it but overall a very good boat.
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       06-19-2019, 6:01 AM Reply   
I looked at the helix but didn't care for the look. Ended up getting a new mondo. That being said, helix owners i have talked to love the helix. Its has a reasonable price tag and surf pretty well with the more expensive boats. I haven't spoke to anyone who has not liked it as of yet.