Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (flatwater_rob)      Join Date: Oct 2018 Location: Detroit Send a message via ICQ to flatwater_rob       01-01-2019, 10:12 AM Reply   
Anyone have issues with the 2018 Slingshot RAD bindings? I just picked up a new pair and the toe has 1/2" of stiff foam in them causing massive pressure on my bridge and toes. The pressure literally makes my toes numb because there isn't enough height in the toebox. The actual size (length/width) is fine. I'm trying them on dry as it pretty cold here in Michigan. Anyone have similar experiences? Does anyone know if when RADs get wet and broken in does the pressure subside? It's an awfully big risk to keep $300 bindings that might not break in the right way.

Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-04-2019, 7:41 AM Reply   
I went from a pair of 2016 Ronix Ones to 2018 RADs. I don’t have the same experience as you do with pressure on my toes but I went a size up. I hear Slingshot are more true to size. I wear size 13 shoes, but always wore size 12 bindings. I got a 13 for the RADs. Maybe that would work for you. That being said, if I had it to do over again, I would’ve gone back to Ones. I feel they locked my feet in better than my RADs do.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-08-2019, 7:16 PM Reply   
I have some 16’s that started out similar for me. I stuffed a baseball in them to stretch out the top of toe area for a couple weeks and it worked great.